Winter Sun Here We Come !!

chrisjones18

Hi Chris, will changes in the pet passport scheme once we are out of the EU have an impact when you return ? Having no dogs ourselves it is just things we have seen mentioned on other forums that appear to indicate that it could get more difficult, but I don't really understand it myself so just asking really
how I understand things is with a no deal the UK becomes a 3rd world country and the dog would need a titre blood test . We did this test back in Jan 2019 as it takes 30 days minimum. Ours had enough antibodies so passed and as long as we keep up the rabies jab every 3 years he wont need anything else ever. It cost £115 (from memory)
This is recorded in the pet passport.
We went with a worst case scenario as defra could not say what happens with a deal.

We have just found a local site for £7.80 per night including electricity, swimming pool. Sauna, steam room all included and a bar. Bar not free but all else is. Can only book 2 weeks at a time....once we ge off the drive....

Last edited:

vwalan

shouldnt be . so long as the dog as regular rabies jab . also the titre results . plus gets a health certificate here in uk . if staying long time see a vet over there and get another health certificate and check.
it really will be just going back to the same as it was before uk had pets passports.
we took our labrador out in 1998 wasnt a problem. we did france spain gibralter spain morocco spain portugal spain france .
my wife came back to uk i stayed in france with the dog .
then went belgium holland luxemburg germany poland czback to germany france . unfortunately that dog got pregnant on the holiday and actually died in france .
we had been out so long that coming back to uk she would have needed quarantine . thats why i stayed in france with the dog.
blacky our next dog was prepared for pets passports and left uk before the scheme started but was ready etc we got a certificate to be allowed to bring her back once the scheme started.
mind she had the full 2 rabies jabs ,blood test etc and visited vets when away in each country.
the rules changed a few times since the pets sheme started in 2000.
i used to get fact sheets sent to me when i had the dog. when she was 15yrs old she had to be put down as she had a growth inside somewhere. she was 15yrs old .
i decided not to carry on having a dog and cancelled the updates.
there was a pets helpline on 0870 241 1710...the defra office .
all very helpfull. might be worth a call, they list loads of countries a uk dog etc could visit and return from.
taking a dog to eu never was difficult ,it was returning to uk that was the problem.

BigMomma

There is a lot of misunderstanding and misinterpretation about Brexit at the moment, it will all settle down and we will just get used to whatever the outcomes are. We were told that we would all need IDP's for driving in EU Countries, up to three different one's, dependent on where you were travelling to or transiting through, but in fact you may not need any. We are about to leave for Spain, we are entering directly into Spain and not travelling outside of Spain (This time around at least) and so we do not need an IDP as we have the new photo Driving Licence and will not be spending more than 6 months in the Country. Comfort have provided me with my 'Green Card' which is valid for 12 months so we are good to go, no additional beaurocracy, no additional cost, don't know what all the fuss is about. I know that the travel restriction of 90 days may have an impact on some, but that is something we will get used to and if you are prepared to venture outside of EU Countries you may still not have to return to U.K. If you do not want to, just a bit of logistical planning required. My opinion is, Brexit is happening so just get on with it

vwalan

just been playing on google earth and found a truck camper parked up near cap breton in dec.2010.
must be too cold there these days ,seems global warming might not be getting there.

Dunroamin

Hi Chris, will changes in the pet passport scheme once we are out of the EU have an impact when you return ? Having no dogs ourselves it is just things we have seen mentioned on other forums that appear to indicate that it could get more difficult, but I don't really understand it myself so just asking really
Often seen people with dogs on ferries mostly the handbag kind no one seems to care frogs carry theirlittle carpet rats around in baskets.

BigMomma

Often seen people with dogs on ferries mostly the handbag kind no one seems to care frogs carry theirlittle carpet rats around in baskets.
The problem is that you don't just see them, or hear them, you can also see where they have been, dog sh1t everywhere and now you cannot go to a Pub, Cafe or even a restaurant without having to eat your meals with them as well, the smell of wet dogs does not go well with my steak and ale pie !!

Dunroamin

Dogs do not belong where food is being served.How often have I heard but he is so small.Little shit on your shoe is as bad as big shit.And the dog owners who walk on by are even bigger shits.

BigMomma

Before this deteriorates into a dog hating thread, I am not anti-dog, just anti irresponsible dog owners. Like everything in this life, the minority spoil it for the majority. Just because dog owners love their pets, it does not mean that everybody else has to !! And what is it about people pushing their small dogs around in bloody pushchairs when their is nothing wrong with them ??????

Dunroamin

I am not a dog hater.Our dog and friend of 17 years died early this year.We had hoped to bury her in her native Turkey but she was still alive when our visa ran out. She was a proud Kangal and resides in Davy Jones locker. What I hate are the breeders who bred and continue to breed runt with runt to produce handbag size fashion accessories and companions for people with a similar I.Q. I wonder would anyone dare do it to a Corgi? The Kennel Club once the protector of the breed have sadly give in to this Hitleresque practice.

Last edited:

chrisjones18

So I mention I don't want to put our dog into kennels and somehow it turns into bad owners with shit on there shoes...
Bugger you lot.

BigMomma

So I mention I don't want to put our dog into kennels and somehow it turns into bad owners with shit on there shoes...
Bugger you lot.
Don't think anyone was attacking you directly Chris, it is much the same within the Motorhome community, always a minority that spoil it for the majority. But it does seem that if you mention anything about bad 'dog related' behaviours then all of a sudden we are all dog haters !! Not the case, I have had two dogs myself, my daughter has a dog. So, as with irresponsible and inconsiderate motorhomers there are also inconsiderate and irresponsible dog owners. If you are one of the many 'Responsible' owners then no need to take unbridgeable as I am sure you must equally be fed up of those that are not

chrisjones18

I dont take it personally.
Some people should not be allowed to own any animals.... so I'm with you on anti irresponsible owners...
Is the sun out in spain

vwalan

hope you arent barking up the wrong tree. could be a ruff ruff. could collar them then lead them astray.

BigMomma

I dont take it personally.
Some people should not be allowed to own any animals.... so I'm with you on anti irresponsible owners...
Is the sun out in spain
Our ferry from Portsmouth was delayed by 5 hours :shake: But the sailing was okay, a bit choppy in the channel on the way out but nice and calm when we woke up the following morning. At 6:30pm yesterdayas we drove from Bilbao it was warm, sunny and 19 degrees(c). We drove straight down in one go and arrived at 04:15am this morning and it was a humid 22 degrees(c) Slightly overcast just now but 23 degrees(c) and the sun is burning through the cloud

Easyliving

Our ferry from Portsmouth was delayed by 5 hours :shake: But the sailing was okay, a bit choppy in the channel on the way out but nice and calm when we woke up the following morning. At 6:30pm yesterdayas we drove from Bilbao it was warm, sunny and 19 degrees(c). We drove straight down in one go and arrived at 04:15am this morning and it was a humid 22 degrees(c) Slightly overcast just now but 23 degrees(c) and the sun is burning through the cloud

Wow, sounds like lovely weather. We are on a site not far from Great Yarmouth and, until today, we have had some nice weather. All that sunshine and blue sky has stopped now though - Autumn is well and truly here.

Have a nice Winter.

Paul

vwalan

gourdon parking by lake.
hope this has worked should be gourdon and perigueux parking for the odd night.
best flic on to satalight on the bottom one you will see the carpark area better.we park almost where that big truck is .

Adverts