Wild Camping Cornwall

coolasluck

Just found out what it was,is that the same as purple bobs truck as it states it was an ex prison van?

coolasluck

No he never did post any pictures,would be nice to see what it looked like when finished.

vwalan

similar ,but 2 foot longer so you could have a proper table and benches at the front . also makes second bed . it had been converted when he got it but we ripped it all out . repanelled and re did the inside . bit simia to bobs . but a not so loud duraflake wall finish. he may have sent me some on the phone. he will be down in march . may be going to spain for 2 months . depends how my throat goes later on . well that and the house . might just stay here and have a spring here for a change .havent sen the daffodils in the garden normally nearly dead when i get home . but maybe when he is here . if you come down we could have a party . like i say mick is here . he did that petition sat on my drive. his truck as had a few glances by the neighbours and several have had a nose inside. part of the entertainment on this street. ha ha .

coolasluck

I can visualise it now:)
Nuggets van does look good from the outside,i would want it to look like robs R.S on the inside though;)

vwalan

hey coola if you fancy something posh. try google gregs gypsy bowtop caravans .
you could get karina to sell wooden pegs or tell tales or palm reading . ideal for caravan club sites hee hee.

coolasluck

Its Corina actually,get it right,youll upset her else:D

coolasluck

How the hell did you get there:),nice though hee ehee

vwalan

sorry .i just couldnt remember was going to put mrs coola . sorry .
did you look at the caravan . i thought them nice but expensive . bit small but neat .
there really is lots of wonderfull stuff out there if you want to look hard enough. . have seen a few women travellers with those caravans . they love em .

vwalan

i get into all sorts remember i have the teardrop or pod as well. what with landrover shows .steam rally`s .bike shows . custom car shows . i dont miss much. and they are pulling the caravan with a bongo. it all fits . i,m watching homes from hell abroad .puts you right off . itv 1

coolasluck

Only joking you wouldnt offend corina:D
Im off to bed mate some of us have to work tommorow.Nighty Night;)

vwalan

yes nnnnight see you.

TomThumb

If anyone wants a list, just tell me what you're after and where and I'll post up the info for you.

Contact me via...

SmokingHotCopy@gmail.com

Just pop in the name of this forum into your email subject title so I know it's a member from here looking for suggestions.

Being used to the Cornish lanes, I can get the LDV down pretty much all of them, the narrowest gap I can think of is actually not far from St Agnes. To get to the car park down this extremely rough track past Blue Hills Tin you have to go through two 5' high granite bollards, the gap either side of my van no more than a cm either side.

Coming back up is even worse as the van lurches on the uneven gravel surface. Come just up the hill, turnaround at the top, back down again just a few yards and there's a little cut in on the left. Drive in there dead slow and inch your way forwards until you're somewhat on the level. Immediately to your left is a 100' vertical drop mere inches away from your NS wheels, the same drop also right in front of you.

Bit unnerving when it's blowing 50mph as it was that day lol but the view - fantastic!

Easyliving

Hi Mark

Wish I had spotted this discussion sooner - we recently got back from our trip down to Cornwall. I had no trouble 99% of the time getting down some narrow Cornish lanes, it was the hills that caused the occasional problem - okay so long as we could keep moving but if I had to do a hill start the smell of a burning clutch was a bit scary.

We stayed at Cross Coombe, not far from St Agnes on a CS site, some lovely scenery around there. The cliffs in the photo are only a 4-5 minute walk from the site.

We tried wildcamping a couple of times, once on our way down to Cornwall in a layby near Stonehenge and again on the fringes of Dartmoor after we had visited the prison museum, both times with no problems.

Paulcliffs.jpg

vwalan

hi you do have to be careful around st agnes particularly if you go on the blue hills road just north of the village . ends up with a very narrow not very high tunnel of trees .you can just get a mazda bongo through.
also a few long over hang vehicles have dragged their back end getting down there .
keep your eyes open for the length and height signs.

DonnaG

Nearly forgot, we stopped in at Looe today. There were a handful of MH's which looked like they'd been parked overnight, right next to the river (one was on levelling ramps, for example). It says on the board, price for 24 hour parking and doesn't mention no overnight sleeping. I can't remember the exact price, but it was around a fiver.

vwalan

bet it was out on the big carpark . you can stop there very often or follow the road right to the back of the carpark its much better there. some nice places coming down the coast road out by lantivet bay etc .

DonnaG

bet it was out on the big carpark . you can stop there very often or follow the road right to the back of the carpark its much better there. some nice places coming down the coast road out by lantivet bay etc .
that's the one, at the top and by the river

BigMomma

Would it take my size vehicle per chance :rolleyes:

vwalan

what your little camper . at the very end of carpark therer is a nice woodland track on the left .leads to looe sewage works . think enormous trucks go there. i know i used to drive them.
best not try and drive around looe town though . out by the dicovery center.
some nice woodland walks around there .and ideal for kayaking .
looe also has a nice fish market .or it did by the harbour . i used to work in a butchers in looe .
if you head to pelynt you pass through barcelona . theres several campsites there .trelawne manor you turn off in barcelona . caradon camping . there as well . both nice sites . know all the campsites really . guess why .ha ha .

Adverts