Waiting for the big speech

Easyliving

Boris is expected to announce on Sunday that some of the lockdown restrictions will be lifted, starting as early as Monday.

We are really hoping that some campsites will reopen and temporary holiday sites will be reinstated.

Although we have a lovely pitch in a campsite in Norfolk we are getting bored now.

Paul

BigMomma

Sorry to say Paul that I think that you are going to be disappointed. We get a weekly update from our Head Office and they are not sounding very positive We are chomping at the bit to get back to our site but we are not holding our breath that we will get there anytime soon

Easyliving

Sorry to say Paul that I think that you are going to be disappointed. We get a weekly update from our Head Office and they are not sounding very positive We are chomping at the bit to get back to our site but we are not holding our breath that we will get there anytime soon

I think it’s called ‘clutching at straws’, we know it’s going to be a while before things get back to normal.

We were discussing how campsites could open again. I suppose the facilities could stay closed and just let people pitch up.

Paul

BigMomma

The whole Tourist industry is looking at a variety of measures. However, the issue with opening means that that will entail thousands of people on the roads, All over the Country. Once on site, how many then want to venture into local towns and villages and suddenly ‘easing’ restrictions turns into ‘business as usual’ personally I cannot see campsites opening again much before July

chrisjones18

July will be fine by me as we have a tour of the Scottish islands planned then.
Eric you need to have a word with Boris:) as Calmac have a few quid of mine.

Easyliving

We have a couple of bookings lined up, the first is not until 4th September but I supposedly have to pay them the balance (about £350) later this month. Even more optimistically we are booked to stay on a campsite in Spain for Christmas.

vwalan

never mind its lovely down here just driving around and enjoying the sunshine.
did have a bit of rain overnight , but that let you fill up with water and does the flowers and the grass a good watering.
have fun smile and wave at folk as you pass by.

BigMomma

We have a couple of bookings lined up, the first is not until 4th September but I supposedly have to pay them the balance (about £350) later this month. Even more optimistically we are booked to stay on a campsite in Spain for Christmas.
I am hoping to be back in Spain in October, so will suffer extended lockdown here If it means reducing our daily infection rate to more acceptable numbers (200 ) so that other countries will be happy for us to travel to them I would certainly like to think that our own Tourism industry will start to re-open by July

BigMomma

never mind its lovely down here just driving around and enjoying the sunshine.
did have a bit of rain overnight , but that let you fill up with water and does the flowers and the grass a good watering.
have fun smile and wave at folk as you pass by.
Let’s hope that there are not too many folk about to wave to, unless they are in their gardens

vwalan

Let’s hope that there are not too many folk about to wave to, unless they are in their gardens
get away with you ,as i ride around i see more folk out having fun than normal.
cyclists , or dog walkers and children walking . plus lots out with cameras looking at the nature they normally drive past very quick and dont see it.
today it was like riding in a rainbow . the hedges are green, yellow ,blue , white ,pink, purple , you can hardly see the tree trunks and branches as the leaves are out fully.
its only normal really but many think its because of the less traffic at times but really its just life in the country.
many choose to live in the busy towns and cities . i prefer the country.
i,m sure that some wild birds and animals will be getting closer to the crowded places if its quiet but in the country seeing wild animals is normal.
lets hope its going to be alot better with less folk left to tour around .
could get worse though as god seems to want to cut the population alot at the moment.

Adverts