Vehicle Movicators !

BigMomma

It was not until recently that I have observed an increase in the different types of Indicators on our road vehicles these days:

1. Indicators - These are usually Orange and are seen on vehicles who wish to advise other road users of their intentions e.g. I intend to turn right or left or I intend to move into the flow of traffic to the right or Left. The Indicators are usually turned on prior to movement of the vehicle and after ensuring that it is safe to do so. :thumb:

2. Move-icators - These are also Orange and are usually seen milli-seconds before the vehicle makes it manouevre, whether safe to do so or not :mad:

3. Disfunctional-icators - Of no colouration as they do not appear to be working on the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle just makes whatever manouevre they wish without any form of indication whatsoever to other vehicle users or even pedestrians :mad:

I have also made a similar observation in the use of vehicle lighting in general, it would appear that some vehicles do not have any lights for use in inclement weather, fog or during hours of darkness :eek:

Has anyone else made any other observations regarding vehicles and driving habits on our roads :rolleyes:

vwalan

best not drive in the dark .or if its raining .far safer to stay in the house and take the micky on the internet.
its not compulsory to have lights or indicators .on vehicles . so doesnt matter .

BigMomma

best not drive in the dark .or if its raining .far safer to stay in the house and take the micky on the internet.
its not compulsory to have lights or indicators .on vehicles . so doesnt matter .
Alan you don't half cheer me up sometimes :D:D:thumb:

If you do have lights and indicators they do have to work though or it will fail an MOT.

vwalan

no cover them over and wrap a bit of tape around the switch . then you are ok. quite legal .
by the way whats an mot?

BigMomma

whats an mot?
We have been here before, got the 'T' shirt, watched the video, read the lecture from you :D:D So when do you leave these wintery shores Alan, cannot be too long now can it ;)

Merle

I too have noted for some time that fewer and fewer vehicles are being fitted with indicators of any type, but then we are creatures of habit and....I drive down this piece of road every Tuesday and I always turn right, you must have seen me before......or else....I know where I'm going so mind your own buisness....come to mind:D

vwalan

not long just over a week.

vwalan

i can smell the suntan lotion already . ha ha . actually it will probably be cold up in the canyon .but nice .
i lie awake at night with vivid pictures of blue sky and no clouds . and that at xmas and new year . people walking across the beach and shouting hulla . others swimming in the sea .hee hee proper night mare it is .
them being forced to drink spanish lager with brandy in it . gets worse by the minute . :thumbdown:

Merle

i can smell the suntan lotion already . ha ha . actually it will probably be cold up in the canyon .but nice .
i lie awake at night with vivid pictures of blue sky and no clouds . and that at xmas and new year . people walking across the beach and shouting hulla . others swimming in the sea .hee hee proper night mare it is .
them being forced to drink spanish lager with brandy in it . gets worse by the minute . :thumbdown:
Changed my mind about missing you...bugger off;) leaving us to be miserable in the cold:(

BigMomma

Well I shall be in Cornwall over the New Year, just booked our getaway for the festive season at a prison camp near Looe. Hardstanding, 16A EHU, FREE WiFi, Licenced Bar, Bus Stop outside the site entrance to Looe and Polperro and on New Years Eve a party comprising Chef's Buffet, Live Music and at Midnight........Fireworks !! :D:thumb:

So, Christmas Sharon is doing her now traditional Christmas Eve Buffet and we will have the kids and their partners until Boxing Day and then on the 28th.............FREEDOM !!!!!!!!

Spain it may not be, but I think we will enjoy ourselves anyway :thumb:

Merle

Well I shall be in Cornwall over the New Year, just booked our getaway for the festive season at a prison camp near Looe. Hardstanding, 16A EHU, FREE WiFi, Licenced Bar, Bus Stop outside the site entrance to Looe and Polperro and on New Years Eve a party comprising Chef's Buffet, Live Music and at Midnight........Fireworks !! :D:thumb:

So, Christmas Sharon is doing her now traditional Christmas Eve Buffet and we will have the kids and their partners until Boxing Day and then on the 28th.............FREEDOM !!!!!!!!

Spain it may not be, but I think we will enjoy ourselves anyway :thumb:
But how can you enjoy Cornwall when Alan wont be there:eek:

BigMomma

But how can you enjoy Cornwall when Alan wont be there:eek:
Mmmmmmmm, difficult I know but sometimes in life you have to face such disappointments :rolleyes:

Merle

Mmmmmmmm, difficult I know but sometimes in life you have to face such disappointments :rolleyes:
Oh well, when the devil drives and all that:(....just a minute, the devil will be driving....across Spain:rofl:

vwalan

:rofl:
bet i know where he is going though .
is it camping caradon . near barcelona . ?
think bm is thinking its in spain . poor old chap. humour him while i,m gone .
:cool::cautious:

BigMomma

Oh well, when the devil drives and all that:(....just a minute, the devil will be driving....across Spain:rofl:
When he said he would be driving around Hells I just thought it was his smelling pistakes again ;)

BigMomma

bet i know where he is going though .
is it camping caradon . near barcelona . ?
think bm is thinking its in spain . poor old chap. humour him while i,m gone .
Yup ! that's the one Alan :thumb: and c'mon. it is near Barcelona so let me dream a little eh ! :D I think the Chef is called Ella and she does nice Pies (Pie Ella is her nickname) :rofl:

Merle

Yup ! that's the one Alan :thumb: and c'mon. it is near Barcelona so let me dream a little eh ! :D I think the Chef is called Ella and she does nice Pies (Pie Ella is her nickname) :rofl:
No I think you've got it all wrong BM.......It's the Little Chef and mince pies is rhyming slang for eyes:rofl:

coolasluck

I bet you planned that b.m.
Quickly nip to cornwall for a holdiday once alans been taken from these shores.I take it merle and ourselves are invited to your xmas shindig:cautious:

Adverts