The Russians are coming.........

Willum

Looks like my 'It's Still a Bl**dy Shambles' thread has been well and truly got at. Don't know if anything else has been got at but something/someone with ill intent, or malice aforethought, has got into our forum. :(
Will

chrisjones18

Just click on their name and then "ignore" you then wont get their notifications.

Willum

Just click on their name and then "ignore" you then wont get their notifications.
Thanks, Chris. Why did I not know that? Possibly 'cos I've never seen it happen before.
Wonder why they think we need a Russian mobile phone?
Will

vwalan

once we leave the eu there will not be any need to buy anything from eu . so it might be good to buy from russia.

Willum

once we leave the eu there will not be any need to buy anything from eu . so it might be good to buy from russia.
Russia?
3rd from top of my 'Do not support, or encourage' list, Alan.
Interesting take on the future if you think you are not going to be buying anything from the EU post exit.
Unless you've got a very restricted diet and palate, plus a quirky choice in everyday transport, I'd love to see where you think it will all come from.

vwalan

japan or china . or even africa .
lots of fruit and veg now comes from africa . many of the veg growers that were in spain moved several years ago to southern maroc . the desert is being turned back to green with desalinated sea water flooding the desert.
big mitzy factory in maroc . mind all the makes just about have factories in africa now.
i was in the food trade for years , worked for the vestey group. mainly in the 1970,s .
the limits put on uk food companies etc by the eec was really enough to never join the eec never mind the eu.
lord vestey,s companies were just about the biggest food growing and import exports of food world wide.
we knew before uk went in that if it did it could kill trade .
it did , but lets hope once we are out old links will come back to life.
i use my truck as transport and use m,bikes from china and japan almost every day. china builds lovely quality m,bikes far better than uk,eu or even america.
the reason i bought a mitzy truck is them or isuzi are the trucks that seem to be the favourites in africa . used to spend some of the winter in africa
mind havnt been for a few years .
might get back there once we leave eu.
maroc or tunisia are ok for starters .

Willum

japan or china . or even africa .
lots of fruit and veg now comes from africa . many of the veg growers that were in spain moved several years ago to southern maroc . the desert is being turned back to green with desalinated sea water flooding the desert.
big mitzy factory in maroc . mind all the makes just about have factories in africa now.
i was in the food trade for years , worked for the vestey group. mainly in the 1970,s .
the limits put on uk food companies etc by the eec was really enough to never join the eec never mind the eu.
lord vestey,s companies were just about the biggest food growing and import exports of food world wide.
we knew before uk went in that if it did it could kill trade .
it did , but lets hope once we are out old links will come back to life.
i use my truck as transport and use m,bikes from china and japan almost every day. china builds lovely quality m,bikes far better than uk,eu or even america.
the reason i bought a mitzy truck is them or isuzi are the trucks that seem to be the favourites in africa . used to spend some of the winter in africa
mind havnt been for a few years .
might get back there once we leave eu.
maroc or tunisia are ok for starters .
Lord Vesty, Alan? Notable not only as the proprietor of the UK's biggest ever butchery chain but even more so as one of the UK's biggest ever tax fraudsters?:rolleyes:
I'll only say this much more: Why encourage the transport of food and materials from even further afield than we already do?
Anyhow, all that apart, we've wandered well off into the long grass with a thread that started as a comment on threads being hacked by Spammers.
I think we should start a new thread and set a reminder to see where we get to with our food supply markets in a year's time and give it an annual update .............. assuming we've managed to avoid the Grim-Covid-Reaper.
Will

vwalan

just avoid eu products its not difficult.
get better quality as well and cheaper.

Adverts