summer holidays .

vwalan

havnt noticed any meat probs round here .
i have seen some shelves in some supermarkets abit empty . but as less people have been traveling abroad more food is wanted in uk .
just like fuel ,less go abroad and drive around in uk more fuel required .
bad management by the garages shops etc .
it does take awhile for bulk deliveries etc so some shortages are expected . i know we used to base some orders on last years takings etc things like covid etc messes plans alot.
but never mind spend money in uk dont go the eu.

wanderlust51

Well I haven’t been abroad in the van since an episode with a couple of old soaks on here
Did the Caribean a few times visiting a mate
But as I am one of the un jabbed or pure bloods as I prefer to call myself
I probably won’t be going any time soon
Don't fancy a swab up my nose either
So just mooching about in the U.K. from now on

vwalan

so long as you are having fun and enjoying life thats the main thing.
the more i visit places in the south west the more i find some of the places i havnt been for years and years seem better than many of the european places been going through in the last twenty years.
i remember my parents stopped going abroad and didnt understand why ,but thinking back i realize what there reasons were seem real these days . i think as we get older its possible we appreciate things differently.
smile , be happy and enjoy where ever you go.
so many have already passed on , we are lucky to be here.

wanderlust51

Yes we are
Shame most places that I have enjoyed over the last 20 years are now not able to be accessed in my van, and only 6 metres
height barriers or just plain no motorhomes any more
Plus my mobility not what it used to be
Even thinking of a seasonal pitch for a caravan for the family to use next year as a base so that we can enjoy breaks with the grand children as too many and too big now
Not so much for us as I couldn’t be without my van

vwalan

luckily i can kip on the back seat in my truck so i very often get a couple of nights away and get away with it . no chairs or tables outside but just look like a truck parked up. leave my trailer at home.
never know might get something a bit smaller in van form to get away with it.
i think its change ideas till you find what works for you.
lots of places have changed so much. some better some not so good ,but look elsewhere and find a good place for today.

wanderlust51

Yes mate I haven’t given up
its just getting harder to find some where that fits what we enjoy
But thanks for the kind words Al you are a good one
Got plans to change the van a little so we can have a more comfortable sitting area using the front and leaving the bed made in the day,that can be a struggle at times

vwalan

it can be hard to know which way to go.
having had my trailer etc for twenty one years now its almost a real part of my life.
mind i still have the teardrop caravan i used behind my trike in the 90,s ,,,and the roof tent i had on my vw t2 i had . i like keeping them but they dont quite fit what or how i feel i travel these days .
i had a mazda bongo in the late 2000.s but it was a bit too small then. might be i should have kept it.
thought about getting a old vw t2 1600cc but with the fuel changing going on petrol engines might not be worth having soon if old type.
all i know is i have great memories of the adventures i have had.

vwalan

that purple truck is next to my truck and trailer even now.
changed owners but still here alot of the time.
purple bob is heading this way november i think.
in his purple people eater van.

Fiskar

Just back from Spain, 3 weeks of mostly glorious weather. Travelled Bilbao to Córdoba to Granada to La Mamola, then across to Rhonda, Estepona and Cadiz before the trek north.
plots of motor homes going out and a few coming back

vwalan

soon be time for full ferries etc .
be better when this global warming gets to uk .
nice and sunny in cornwall today ,might get another nice ride out on my m,bike.
got to make use of all the sunny days.
went st ives yesterday busy but not really busy. then up the coast hayle perranporth newquay etc , missed padstow turned off at st merryn . great day out.

Fiskar

Must tour Devon and Cornwall on the motorbike, when’s a good time of year to do a motorbike camping trip over two to three weeks?

vwalan

may-june can very often be a good time.
weather getting warm and not so many tourists around.
not that they bother me ,but it can get crowded in the middle of summer.
follow the coasts is good ,or just zigzagging from inland to inland places . forget tourist guides .they miss the natural scenery etc.
i like just getting sort of lost on narrow country lanes .
mind travel in europe and africa is best avoiding main roads etc.
just visit little villages etc ,meet the locals.
for uk i like using Philps street atlas,s .get the small book ones and away you go.

for spain and portugal i use mapamax map book. great for showing little ways to go and naming the smaller coves etc . buy them in spain. they are spanish.

Adverts