summer holidays .

vwalan

are you all having a great summer holiday?
its lovely down here in cornwall.
not quite as busy as the normal summers . was busy with the st ives thingy and newquay area got busy with the board masters compo . but there are loads of places with camping places still available.
had a ride out only yesterday around newquay -padstow area and it was no where as busy as a normal bank holiday weekend .
not much surf at the moment . mind lots out trying to catch a wave.
been out for a ride this afternoon ,inland around luxulyan area ,quiet and lovely and warm , t shirt weather even on a motorbike.
have fun and make the best of it . soon be winter.

chrisjones18

We have just come from Cornwall, we had grandchildren with us and they had to be back for school.
Newquay was packed (boardmasters) along with st Ives,
Spent the last week and a bit at trevedra campsite, cracking beech once you master the 3 million steps down to it.... no toilets and no shops pure bliss..... not a lot of surf about though I'm a bit stiff for that nowadays... its next to sennan cove...
Grandchildren loved it..
Hospital next week for injections in my feet.... not looking forward to that. 3 months planned in Southern Spain from Xmas ,

vwalan

lots of nice quiet places around the coast ,just have to not want to stop at the main tourist stops.
bit like spain etc , folk buy a tourist guide like lonely planet books and they only get to go to the main busy places .
think many are afraid of driving on the narrow roads in cornwall etc . amazing how many travel spain only on the main roads . we play the game of avoiding main roads where ever you are.
clear blue sky again here be nice m,bike riding again i,m sure .
have fun.

Willum

No wonder it's quiet, Alan. The BBC headline the other morning had Cornwall saying 'don't come here, we've got too many people and too much Covid' ('cos of the Boardmasters?)
My little outing on the bike took me and my two brothers off to The Duxford Museum and a night in Cambridge. Only pe'ed on us once. ;)
Lovely ride back up through Narfook and Lincolnshire. Surprisingly quiet roads - but I guess they'd all gone your end. :)

vwalan

mind mates in scotland tell me its getting quieter up there now ,again covid increases so i dare say folk are in panic .
does seem like lots more will have to pass away before it gets less catchable.

BigMomma

I think that one of the issues is that people do not understand that you do not necessarily become immune from the virus just because you have been vaccinated. All that vaccine does is provide anti-bodies which, in the majority of cases will prevent those who are vaccinated from suffering with the worst symptoms should they get re-infected, that would require them to be hospitalised. Now, according to the statistics, it is the younger age groups 16-29 years that account for the majority of those not yet vaccinated, or who are refusing to be vaccinated, but it is not just the younger age groups that are being infected OR importantly re-infected, so how come Now let me see, Music Festivals, Newquay, Leeds, Reading, Shrewsbury, to name but just a few recently, primarily attended by youngsters in their thousands. Now it doesn’t matter wether they have or have not been vaccinated, if they have the virus, knowingly or not, then they will transmit it to others who are there, look at the crowds standing shoulder to shoulder So they go home to mix with brother’s, sister’s, mum’s and dad’s who they unknowingly pass it on to, who then go to work or mix socially and who then unknowingly pass it on to other’s. Then start to look at how many are in the crowds at each football stadium each week across all league fixtures, never mind the additional mid-week cup matches and then all the other sporting fixtures taking place. It is just one continuing vicious circle at the moment and so, whilst ever Countries just cancel restrictions, no longer restrict movements or enforce a social distancing regime and wearing of masks, it will just keep circulating. It has nothing to do with people dying, more a case of those still living that pose the ongoing and recurring risks

vwalan

thought it was just another of god,s ways of cutting the population on the world.
get rid of 50% of folk and the world might become a nicer place again.
less power required ,
less food required .
let nature have rest and it will be lovely for the next generations.
lets hope we live for many years and see just how it all becomes.
never know might end up really nice.

coolasluck

Wazzup bitches!!!:cool:

BigMomma

Good to see you on here again Kevin, trust you are both okay :thumb: As for the Portugal stuff, no wonder lots of vanlifers are now rushing there to buy up barren plots of land and applying for a Residency Permit, at least, if successful, they get around the Brexshit 90 day Schengen Restrictions, although watching a couple of the Vlogs, seems the Portuguese authorities getting wise to Brit travellers using the loophole and many are now having applications rejected. Spain is doing a similar thing but happy for Motorhomes to park up for the day at a beach and then move elsewhere for the night, local village or town. Lots of other Countries now to explore on opposite side of Europe, where Wildcamping is still ‘currently’ tolerated, will be interesting to see how long that lasts though ;)

chrisjones18

Stunning day and cracking sunshine when we were at St Ives, Bad bit was beach was empty and everyone was in the small streets , stood shoulder to shoulder in queues outside every shop and eating establishment...... we could not wait to get out of there..

Kevin , How are things ?

vwalan

lots of pics etc if you google spain floods today
does seem they are having a swimmingly good time.

BigMomma

Most of North Eastern Spain has suffered massive flooding as far down and including Madrid. Malaga has had massive hailstorms whilst further South, where we are, still baking and could do with a bit of that rain, probably not in the same quantities those :giggle: Pity that they cannot get the timing right, Wildfires doused by deluges of water:D What’s next, a plague of locusts ?

vwalan

in the past there used to be lots of locust in spain. farmers etc used to go around spraying locust killer spray.
these days so many tourist town are built on what used to be the rice fields etc .
in the 1960,s my parents used to take us to spain with tents or converted vans etc campsites used to go around spraying in the evenings etc .
there are still some paddy field areas by the coast.
look at a map and real spanish villages are normally a mile or so inland away from the wet areas.
the tourist villages were built later and on the wet areas.
we used to spend quite a few weeks near alicanti , it was interesting watching the growth of tourist areas. remember benidorm when there was only a couple of high rise flats etc .
always thought my mum and dad would buy a place in arenels de sol. but they decided not to.
roll on november spain might be flooded out again as it very often can be.

vwalan

there,s no flies on eric .
but you can see where they have been. hee hee.

vwalan

nice today around here 26.6 in newquay. bit of mist around spoils the views a bit but a great day for getting lost on the country lanes .

vwalan

so where are you all going for your winter holidays?
lets hope global warming makes uk a nice warm place to stay in.
getting busy down here again ,schools gone back so familys gone home but old folk down and filling the places up.
September does get busy round here but this year it could be even more so.
a30 does seem busy today.
bit drizzly rain today but hopefully clearing up again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Adverts