summer holiday

BigMomma

The way this virus can mutate so rapidly, unless the World can be vaccinated quickly there will be be many more variants, with India being so bad I am surprised that we have not had reports of an ‘Indian Variant’ already. Turkey is now back up to over 50,000 a day :eek: Although UK may have a good vaccination rollout, unless our Government does its bit with helping distribute some vaccines in the wider world we will become a ‘prison Island’ by our own making, not just impacting on holidays but on more serious economic issues as we do still need to do business with the outside world, that means people from different nations travelling in and out of our Country. There is still a very long way to go before we get anywhere near to being back to normal:wasntme:

vwalan

there is rumor that half the worlds population could be gone by the time its sort of ended . mind like other viruses it could linger for century,s and never be really got rid of.
might be lots of cheap houses all over the world and even jobs .
lovely blue sky today and getting warmer , nice m,bike ride out day ,have fun ,smile and be happy.

Willum

there is rumor that half the worlds population could be gone by the time its sort of ended . mind like other viruses it could linger for century,s and never be really got rid of.
might be lots of cheap houses all over the world and even jobs .
lovely blue sky today and getting warmer , nice m,bike ride out day ,have fun ,smile and be happy.
The last such pandemic was the 'Spanish' Flu in 1918 and it was bad but still nothing in comparison to the Plague and Black Death pandemics. Perhaps they are trying to equate the population decimation with that.
Somehow I just don't see it being as bad but:
Biggest problem is Vaccine Nationalism. China for one is a very long way from a really effective vaccine and if their economy takes a big hit, the rest of the world will have problems as well. They are never going to admit their vaccine is ineffective, Russia is probably the same - but I don't think anyone really knows how good the Sputnik is, the EU will squabble and bitch about everything, whilst looking for scapegoats, complaining no one is selling them a vaccine - they won't use when they get it - and the UK is doing a bit of a 'dog in a manger'. In one way, it's understandable that the UK politicians are thumbing their noses at the EU, having got well ahead of the game with a bit of - for once - forward thinking by the medical services in general but it would be more effective to graciously offer to 'help all we can' as a means of showing up the EU's shortcomings.
As Eric says, we'll become locked in a prison of our own making and isolate the rest of the world from us if we don't try a lot harder to help.

It's a very long way from over yet - and the UK is quickly becoming clogged with motorhomes and caravans and some local councils doing little or nothing to help. :(

chrisjones18

It's a very long way from over yet - and the UK is quickly becoming clogged with motorhomes and caravans and some local councils doing little or nothing to help. :(
So in The forest of Dean the local forestry commission have put barriers and parking meters on a lot of local public places.
Plus the council have increased day parking charges over the last 12 months in the town's.
Helps loads "I think not "

We now have a sewerage connection at the little place we have been building (for rent in future due to covid ) so no more trekking 3 miles to empty cassette (little wheels are worn out) before you ask the local manhole covers are 44 ton jobs and stuck tight.

vwalan

uk will just get better and better.
after all thats why so many voted for independence
it will take a few years to happen as it did back in the 70,s.
trouble is sp many with motorhomes and caravans dont know or dont learn how to behave when free parking etc . they go to busy places then put out mats . bbq,s and tables and chairs . plus awnings etc .
just look like a vehicle parking is the way. not a campsite.
but sun is out ,time to look around.
have fun, smile..

vwalan

well it does seem like the southwest is the place to come to. loads of camper vans all over the place.
bit like going back several years ago before so many went off abroad.
mind i know several that have been going abroad all their lives.
but lets hope it means uk will keep its wealth and not spend it in the eu.
does seem that the moroccan ship is going to be busy.
be better if the falmouth one starts soon. save driving into england to catch the ferry. hee hee.
have a good one.

vwalan

so are you all going to have a summer holiday in the uk.?
does seem like it might be the easiest way to have a holiday.
had a ride around newquay and padstow area today ,quite busy .
loads in the sea ,surfing and swimming.
didnt bother to have a peep at old mc donalds farm camping site.
mind might get an invite to go cruising with jane. hee hee.

Willum

Yep, headed for a tour round friends and family in Scotland tomorrow. Not looking good on the wild camping front, lots of reports of height barriers and no overnight parking signs springing up everywhere, so we've had to book formal campsites.
The only country in Europe that tries its hardest to discourage motorhomes and the one with the biggest boom in ownership.
I would say narrow minded pillocks but that might be construed as offensive to narrow minded pillocks.

BigMomma

50 new UK Aires type services already opened up due to campaign by CAMPRA :thumb: Lots in Scotland including overnight parking, if you have not got it already, get the ‘Search For Sites’ App, they are listed on their as CAA sites:thumb: We started our UK tour on 19th April, currently on Anglesey, will be on the road until start of July then on Ferry to Spain on 19th July, coming back mid-October, Spain may be on Green List by then:think:

Willum

50 new UK Aires type services already opened up due to campaign by CAMPRA :thumb: Lots in Scotland including overnight parking, if you have not got it already, get the ‘Search For Sites’ App, they are listed on their as CAA sites:thumb: We started our UK tour on 19th April, currently on Anglesey, will be on the road until start of July then on Ferry to Spain on 19th July, coming back mid-October, Spain may be on Green List by then:think:
Thanks Eric. I'll look.
I'm off to Scotland - now - and I'll use the search to occupy me in the wet evenings.
Weather here is FOUL, hammering down with rain and blowing a gale. Just the sort of weather to drive a motorhome - not!

BigMomma

Thanks Eric. I'll look.
I'm off to Scotland - now - and I'll use the search to occupy me in the wet evenings.
Weather here is FOUL, hammering down with rain and blowing a gale. Just the sort of weather to drive a motorhome - not!
Same here, rain all day here today and wind going to get up to 44mph. Drive safely :thumb:

Adverts