spring is on its way.

vwalan

well soon be a great time for having fun.
had a nice short m,bike ride on monday. and today had another bit longer version .
daffodils are out ,snowdrops and primroses in flower ,makes it a great ride out.
hedges that were cut back are now starting to grow and lots of young lambs in the fields etc.
hope you all are having a nice time as well.

chrisjones18

Yes it's getting drier, just got the motor dug out of the mud as it's been stuck since November, (down on the chassis)
I can now use the loo on the level, makes life easier......
Going to west wales at the first chance of moving legally.
Hope you are well

Willum

Good to see you two still chuggin' along. Been very, very quiet on here of late.
How did you end up so bogged, Chris?

chrisjones18

Good to see you two still chuggin' along. Been very, very quiet on here of late.
How did you end up so bogged, Chris?
We have a bit of ground and when applying for planning permission we had to do a water perculation test. Me like a fool forgot about the hole (I had back filled it) and parked on top of it. The rear nearside sunk down to the chassis with all the rain we had. As covid would not let us go anywhere we just stayed put.
Hope to get to Portugal and Spain by end of this year...... after Wales to visit family.

Willum

We have a bit of ground and when applying for planning permission we had to do a water perculation test. Me like a fool forgot about the hole (I had back filled it) and parked on top of it. The rear nearside sunk down to the chassis with all the rain we had. As covid would not let us go anywhere we just stayed put.
Hope to get to Portugal and Spain by end of this year...... after Wales to visit family.
Ah! Right. Of course, I've never done anything that daft - well, not this week :rofl:
Pleased to hear you're all OK. We've had the first jab, second due on 29th April. Lost my cousin and a very good friend in the process. Bummer.
We've tentatively booked some sites and wilding in Scotland to visit friends and family in May, then hoping that we too can get to Spain at least in mid December 'til March. Haven't seen many winters here in the last 10 years and it's been 'interesting'.

vwalan

lots of water still flowing out of the fields as you ride down the country lanes round here but its been great.
might get a bit of rain later on in the week but been really nice here for a week.
dont think any of us really know if we will be travelling many miles even in uk never mind abroad.
but fingers crossed all might be smoothed out before next winter.

Willum

lots of water still flowing out of the fields as you ride down the country lanes round here but its been great.
might get a bit of rain later on in the week but been really nice here for a week.
dont think any of us really know if we will be travelling many miles even in uk never mind abroad.
but fingers crossed all might be smoothed out before next winter.
Let's hope so Alan and good to hear you're OK. I'm running out of things to 'improve' on the motorhome - and the discs are getting rusty. Apart from repositioning on the drive, it hasn't moved much since the MOT in November.
Been really wet here, as well. The last few days has dried things up a lot. Birds starting to sing, a few sunny days, so really looking froward to spring.

vwalan

here the daffodils are out ,fields full of them.
seems there could be a shortage of pickers this year . brexit and covid causing a little problem. get out for a drive around each week keeps the truck ticking over and ok. but if sunny best have a ride out. just around the lanes to and from the local towns . find the longest quietest route and enjoy the ride or drive.
soon be a jet wash polish and touch up here and there.
mind from what is being said on other forums seems free wilding in spain could be coming to an end.
if i cant wild for free i shall just have to miss camping in spain .

Willum

Boston isn't far from here and there's acres of bulbs grown there. Don't know if they are getting them picked as a lot of the workers have gone with Brexit. It's also just about the worst area in the UK for Covid!
Yes, I saw the bit about Spain. It was around Valencia and they had to rescind it because they didn't have the authority to impose it. Doesn't mean there won't be one introduced, though. Portugal has definitely clamped down hard.

vwalan

yes i remember boston etc we used to visit that area when i was a child living in yorkshire.
my grandad was a gardener and so we used to visit lots of growing areas.
he was gardener on edwinstow estate so going there etc was also frequent.
mind i love it down here sea views from miles away from the coast , and can see almost into devon and along way to almost the end of cornwall. .plus much warmer in winter than yorkshire etc .

BigMomma

We arrived back in UK during early hours of this morning. Had to come back from Spain early as my Mum had a heart attack and was rushed into hospital !! She has been discharged but still rather poorly but cannot get up to see her as we have to do 10 days self-isolation and take 2 further Covid tests on Day 2 & Day 8 of our isolation period, even though we tested ‘Negative’ to come back on the ferry. We did two nights ‘free camping’ on way up through Spain with no problems whatsoever, although they are getting tougher down on the Costas. UK is looking good for the future of Vanlife, if you do not already know what is going on then take a look at www.CAMpRA.co.uk you may be surprised :thumb:

Willum

I got very fond of Cornwall. I lived just outside Newquay (St Columb Minor) for about 4 years altogether and I've got wonderful memories of it. I also remember the seagulls and rain - lots of both. The seagull crap took the paint finish right off my lovely, shiny, new car. :wondering:
ps this should have got posted this morning.
Lapsus digitus!
Welcome back, Eric. Hope it all goes well for you and your Mum improves. Can't imagine how frustrating it must be.

Willum

.............................. We did two nights ‘free camping’ on way up through Spain with no problems whatsoever, although they are getting tougher down on the Costas. UK is looking good for the future of Vanlife, if you do not already know what is going on then take a look at www.CAMpRA.co.uk you may be surprised :thumb:
The link didn't seem to work, just asked me if I wanted to try and claim the domain name :wondering:

vwalan

yes lets hope erics mum is ok.
had to rush home in 2010 from portugal when my dad died ,then 5 weeks later my mum passed away.
fingers crossed for you.

BigMomma

The link didn't seem to work, just asked me if I wanted to try and claim the domain name :wondering:
I may have got the Upper case and lower case letters the wrong way around and it may be .com instead of .co.U.K. :rolleyes: But briefly, it is a British organisation promoting the use of facilities for vanlifers all around UK, not ‘Aires’ just provision of facilities and there are a lot of Councils being very positive as well as a number of Tourist organisations and attractions. Scotland has already made a positive start with provision of overnight parking places and UK appears to be following suit. Not before time:thumb:

BigMomma

yes lets hope erics mum is ok.
had to rush home in 2010 from portugal when my dad died ,then 5 weeks later my mum passed away.
fingers crossed for you.
Thank you Alan, fingers crossed that all goes well with the road map out of lockdown and the Country starts to open up again in the near future :thumb:

BigMomma

I may have got the Upper case and lower case letters the wrong way around and it may be .com instead of .co.U.K. :rolleyes: But briefly, it is a British organisation promoting the use of facilities for vanlifers all around UK, not ‘Aires’ just provision of facilities and there are a lot of Councils being very positive as well as a number of Tourist organisations and attractions. Scotland has already made a positive start with provision of overnight parking places and UK appears to be following suit. Not before time:thumb:
campra.org.uk

chrisjones18

See you have the link sorted out
They also have a facebook page.
Eric I hope your mum is ok. Did they make you stay in a hotel when you arrived in the uk?
Our good news is the council signed the house off today. It has taken 16 months to build it ( not me but a mate did it) i did help with it a little.
just got to wait for recycling bins ( they say it could be a few months) before we can rent it out . Going to try airb&b first as we have someone to look after it.
I suppose covid would stop us leaving anyway. They are saying back to normal in june, "hope so".

BigMomma

We are back on Shazza’s mums drive like we were during the first lockdown, got to do 10 days self-isolation not even allowed to go out for a walk or go shopping and have to do Covid self tests on Day 2 and Day 8. After that we can go and exercise and go shopping but as the ‘Stay at Home’ restriction is still in place doesn’t look like we will be going anywhere before March 29th. Spain was not on the ‘Red List’ so did not have to go into hotel quarantine :thumb: Will be going up to see my Mum on 11th March which is an ‘Essential Journey’ considering she is 84 years old, lives alone and has just had a heart attack, in the meantime I am just phoning her on a daily basis. If ‘Road Map out of Covid’ goes to plan then Campsites look to be re-opening on 12th April and many are already taking advance bookings so we should hopefully still get our Welsh trip as planned, but subject to how my Mum is I guess:worried: Glad you have got the house sorted, nearly there matey, long haul for you but it will be worth it in the end.

Adverts