soon be time

BigMomma

Eric, you are going to have to talk to Sally next time we meet about Morocco.
We got fed up of the rain it the UK so we got on a plane and are now in Denmark , (prices just up a little with the uk on a whole) it's also very wet here..:( ...
Go on to 'You Tube' and type in the search bar for 'Eamon & Becs' Vlog. Look at the last 3-4 most recent We have just been speaking to some 'UK' Motorhomers parked up down on the beach near us. He was a bit wary of Morocco whilst 'She' was all for it. After our brief chat he was a bit more reassured and they are making their way down to Algeciras in a couple of days to buy the tickets and make their way to Tangier Med People have all sorts of fears, often without foundation, but if you speak to people who have been there, I bet there will be very few, if any, that say they did not enjoy their experience

chrisjones18

A bit here that sundowners might want to check up on...its on euronews.com
Portuguese Economy Minister Pedro Siza Vieira also sought to ease Britons’ worries this week, saying they wouldn’t need a visa even in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
He also said British citizens living in Portugal would retain all their rights after the UK leaves the EU, including access to healthcare.

BigMomma

It will be interesting to see how that goes down in Brussels when they implement the new ETIAS Visa for tourists ? I think that the British Expats who reside there before the end of the Transition Period will, like Spain, and probably the other EU Countries have no problems as far as maintaining existing rights. But for non-residents, other than flights directly into Portugal, you cannot drive directly to Portugal so you will have to transit via one of the other EU Countries and that is where you will need to show the Visa If you watch 'You Tube' travel Vlogs like the 'Indie Projects' (own land in Portugal) or 'exPAWers' who own a property and up until now live fulltime in Spain, both of whom have not taken up official residency, they now have to think about their future plans The Indie Projects do a lot of travelling anyway and are used to going to much wider destinations outside of Europe, but the exPAWers, because of the age of their Spanish registered Motorhome, have to have it ITV'd (MOT) every 5 months, so they may have to look at other options ? I also noted in the news yesterday that Spain and Gibraltar look as if they are trying to sort out an amicable arrangement between themselves

coolasluck

It seems that although we are only allowed 90 days in one period in the e.u,it doesn't work the other way for tourists visiting the u.k who are allowed 6 months in one go. This is the same for Americans visiting the u.k where again we are only allowed 3 months visa free in the states while they can enjoy 6 months here.
This is something that needs tackling do that it works both ways
We should also make Americans take out health insurance as well like we have to when over there.

chrisjones18

It seems that although we are only allowed 90 days in one period in the e.u,it doesn't work the other way for tourists visiting the u.k who are allowed 6 months in one go. This is the same for Americans visiting the u.k where again we are only allowed 3 months visa free in the states while they can enjoy 6 months here.
This is something that needs tackling do that it works both ways
We should also make Americans take out health insurance as well like we have to when over there.
It should be a level field, i guess the government is at fault.
In Gloucester hospital last week for a pre op, sat next to a lady from the usa having the same. She lives in New York and as far as I could work out having the op on the nhs.
I have waited nearly 2 years ,she is on a extended holiday.. 20th march will soon come.
Family in Spain have no news on brexit other than spanish government is sending out tax demands to Brits in the south. Anything over around £20k a year and they want their share as all income is taxable under £12k and you're fine.

coolasluck

It makes your blood boil doesn't it .
As far as concerned I would only ever aim for 12k a year to include interest in investments and then claim the tax back the following April.

Adverts