merry christmas and a happy new year

vwalan

as the thread reads ,have a good one and fingers crossed the world will get repaired next year.

BigMomma

And a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too Alan. You have to remain optimistic, what else can you do. Will Covid be over next year, lets hope so :thumb: Will the impact of Brexshit be over next year…..:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: Just have to play with the cards we have been dealt, for some, that may be a good hand, for other’s time to change the way you play the game.;)

vwalan

nice game here at newquay it was 14c and nice and quiet yesterday. bit of a surf at fistral beach but the others were abit flat. town was very quiet.
the drive up the coast from hayle and up to padstow was a real pleasant day out.
hug the coast as much as possible is easier now not so many tourists etc.
though several campers are around in a few places.
might getup ti bude if its nice later today then down the coast to wadebridge, i do like the coastal narrow roads round here. have a good one.

chrisjones18

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
Just had a while down in coola's home town , they might as well have put a closed sign when leaving the a38 as most things were shut...
Paignton, Torquay and Brixham must have made a fortune over the summer as some places had signs saying " closed dec 2nd reopening feb 2nd....... as staff need a holiday...
Just hope France and Spain don't lockdown in January...

BigMomma

No Winter Sun escape route via France or Germany from today, will Portugal & Spain follow suite :wait:

Dunroamin

Been here in Greece over 2 years now. Brexit I dont give a toss! No problem here to hide away. Booster shot next week. Happy Xmas to all except the ill informed bigots and two world wars and one world cup brigade that voted for out.

vwalan

soon be christmas.....
bit of rain today but none for a week. sun trying to get out now ,its a lovely start for a nice xmas.
dont think father xmas will be around with his sledge and raindeers this year.
have a good one.

vwalan

well i hope you all had a good one or should i say two .xmas and new year.
keep smiling , the world might be ending soon . ha ha .

BigMomma

Don’t think the world is ending Alan ;) but what is, is our 90 day UK prison sentence, 10 days and counting and we will be back on the ferry to Spain.:thumb: Hope you had a good festive period, we are finishing off our UK Winter trip at the seaside in Bridlington, maybe have some Fish ‘n’ Chips on the Prom, with the bracing wind in our faces, huddled in the protection of sixteen layers of clothing and trying to eat our chips with warm woollen mittens on:giggle: That is if we can unlock the frozen door and get out of the bloody van (not really):D

vwalan

hi. surprised you didnt venture up further north . be like in the hills of spain then. mind its a shame that ben nevis is only a little hill compared to so many in spain.
you could have come down around here , its sunny this morning but still abit chilly. about 7c at moment got to 6c in the night.
but never mind spring will soon be on its way.
might not be so crowded every where next summer.
bridlington was a place we visited alot when i was a kid living in warmsworth near doncaster. but summer time . dec january usually abroad or down here.
we moved in 1964 to cornwall. best move we made.
did live in dorset later for two years but cornwall kept calling my family.
lets hope we all have good adventures this year .

chrisjones18

Well we are still in the uk. Darn french have shut the tunnel for uk passport holders, dog and a ferry is impossible to get. Had some time around Blackpool and Liverpool...
It's very cold by our standards as we are normally in Australia now....
I got icicles on my icicles❄❄❄
Lots of talk on Spanish forums about the 180 day visa as hoards of people have left Spain leaving the locals with no income...Tourist minister wants new laws passed.

BigMomma

Hi Chris, as you know we are off to Spain next Thursday and currently playing the game of Schengen Shuffle, we have also just pre-booked our next return ferry crossings, July-October, getting in there before the masses :thumb: Hopefully will not have to put up with all this silliness by this time next year;)

chrisjones18

Hi Eric...we are still in hope to go January... need to be back before end of March so there's still time.
This is one visa,

BigMomma

Obviously a good Visa for Digital Nomads, probably good for Vlogger’s if the VISA allows for the income generated to come from ‘You Tube’, but not sure how this would be interpreted from the perspective of them being an ‘Employer’ :think: The only Visa that is applicable to us as retirees is the ‘Non Lucrative Visa’, we meet all the requirements, the only reason we are delaying our application is due to their Tax rules so we have to wait until their new tax year commences on 1st January 2023:thumb:

vwalan

lovely sunny day today and not too cold . mind temp about 11c .
bet it will get warmer as folk drift off abroad . hee hee
have a good one BM..

BigMomma

Arrived Saturday morning in Santander after a two night crossing, it was a really calm crossing from start to finish which I didn’t expect in mid-January. Once again, very straightforward process through Immigration, passports stamped as is now usual but no Searches, only stopped and asked if we had any pets then waved through when we said that we hadn’t, no visual or physical checks. Only saw snow on the highest of the peaks going through the Picos, but temperatures dropped to -5 degrees and their was a heavy frost, but all roads clear. Once clear of the Picos temperatures gradually rose to 18 degrees by the time we got to Andalusia. Will be back in UK mid-April so don’t eat my Easter Eggs :giggle:

chrisjones18

Nice one Eric.
We got fed up of waiting for that guy in france to open the border so we booked a flight for a 7 night holiday in the indian ocean.
Our timing was crap as no sooner than we booked he opened the border.
Dog having AHC on 28th taking mum to hospital on 29th then getting tunnel to Calais.
Should be down your neck of woods March time, might catch you.
Going to see new granddaughter in San Roque.

Adverts