Lossiemouth

Wandering Star

The beach/harbour.
Come into Lossiemouth from Elgin. Off the A96
Follow the road into the town and the parking area is on your right.
Room for 10 maybe more MoHos.
Public toilets just yards away.
The Clifton and 1629 pubs within easy strolling distance.
Get your fish supper from the chippy just up the hill, maybe 5 - 6 minutes walk.
Harbour seating and walk across the bridge to enjoy the sands of the beach.image.jpg

Wandering Star

And it's free!!! Look for the red railings.

Wandering Star

And that's the '1629' pub, not 1,629 pubs within strolling distance....
Really should proof read what I write.....:eek:

vwalan

used to go to lossiemouth delivering important parts for the forces .
courier up from cornwall.

Sue96

The beach/harbour.
Come into Lossiemouth from Elgin. Off the A96
Follow the road into the town and the parking area is on your right.
Room for 10 maybe more MoHos.
Public toilets just yards away.
The Clifton and 1629 pubs within easy strolling distance.
Get your fish supper from the chippy just up the hill, maybe 5 - 6 minutes walk.
Harbour seating and walk across the bridge to enjoy the sands of the beach.View attachment 1187[/QUO
Sounds blissful. And Findhorn nearby where you can enjoy the peace and the gentle clinking of ropes on yacht masts. Maybe you will call at Spey Bay? Gorgeous there too. Just love it up there.

Wandering Star

Findhorn is very overnight unfriendly.
The huge beach car park is off limits - I've tried and been asked to move.
The harbour area likewise.
The only two areas I've found available are :
1) along the bay road as you go into the village on the left hand side, with the Kimberley Inn on your right hand side, but you can get grumpy comments from locals
2) the RSPB hide on the approach road to the village.
And don't even think about parking on the Foundation, they are so far up their own @@@@@ with ecological freedom that they have their own caravan park for which the charges are huge!
All in all, a nice place to visit but not a great place to overnight.
The Crown & Anchor car park is now only big enough to get a mini and a couple of bicycles in as well.
The Bunty chippie which was awesome in the '80s seems to be closed although it has signs saying it is open on 3 nights a week...?

Last edited:

Wandering Star

Spey bay is a great location. But overnighting at the seal centre is off limits, no idea why?
But I've read locally that Banff and Macduff have had a huge rethink of the lost revenue that we bring and have set aside MoHo parking spaces.
I'll let you know when I explore the area.

Wandering Star

Oh and
image.jpg
Num num num.......

Sue96

Findhorn is very overnight unfriendly.
The huge beach car park is off limits - I've tried and been asked to move.
The harbour area likewise.
The only two areas I've found available are :
1) along the bay road as you go into the village on the left hand side, with the Kimberley Inn on your right hand side, but you can get grumpy comments from locals
2) the RSPB hide on the approach road to the village.
And don't even think about parking on the Foundation, they are so far up their own @@@@@ with ecological freedom that they have their own caravan park for which the charges are huge!
All in all, a nice place to visit but not a great place to overnight.
The Crown & Anchor car park is now only big enough to get a mini and a couple of bicycles in as well.
The Bunty chippie which was awesome in the '80s seems to be closed although it has signs saying it is open on 3 nights a week...?
Brilliant to know all this stuff, because I will no doubt head up there to explore again myself once I eventually get my moho act together :) Good news about Banff and Macduff. And the fish supper looks wonderful too. I really miss UK stylee fried fish here in Malta. There's an old, abandoned, lido on the coast somewhere near Macduff. Very picturesque with crumbling 30s architecture. Very evocative of times past. Also love the ancient harbour in Portsoy. And not surprised about the Findhorn Foundation :-( Happy travels.

vwalan

you can make your own fish n chips though . we do it alot when away . even eat them sat outside if we see uk m,homers . even put them in old newspaper just to get them jealous . hee hee.

Adverts