Locking Wheel Nuts

John and Mary

We've just purchased a Dethleffs Esprit T7090 on a 2011 Fiat Ducato chassis. Does anyone know where we can purchase a set of locking wheel bolts for the Dethleffs alloy wheels?
Many thanks for any advice or help.
John and Mary

BigMomma

Did you purchase privately or from a dealer ? If from a dealer they should be able to source locking wheel nuts for you. However, I think I am right in saying that the wheel nuts should be a standard size so you should be able to get a set from any motor accessories shop or on the Internet. However, if I am wrong I am sure someone else will be along soon to put you right ;)

Landy Lover

As I understand it the wheels and nuts would be a part of the original chassis and therefore as it is a Fiat I would initially try a Fiat dealer - however you will need to know the 'code' of the locking wheel nuts as there are undoubtledly a minimum of 10 to possibly 20 different codes - hopefully this is written in the hand book somewhere (possibly a on a card) as it is unlikely the dealer will be able to help you without that info - if you are in the Southwest area may I suggest you contact Chelston Motorhomes as they are authorised Fiat dealers and may well be able to help you identify which ones. If this is not successfull then you may have to be prepared to pay to have the original ones removed by force and new ones fitted with a new key .

Gillie1500

Hi,yup ...you will need Locking Wheel Nuts for a Fiat Ducato Van....i bought a set off Ebay...for about £25.....and then used them on Peugeot Boxer later.......so they are easy to get and cheap,and do the job. :)

John and Mary

Thanks for all your helpful advice. Just a follow up, with the help of northgatefiatshop.co.uk I identified and purchased the correct size bolt. Be warned, the bolts are different sizes for the 15" and 16" alloy wheels. Don't make the mistake I did and order the wrong size! Northgate Fiat very kindly replaced the bolts for free of charge. They were very helpful and I highly recommend them.

Gillie1500

Thanks for all your helpful advice. Just a follow up, with the help of northgatefiatshop.co.uk I identified and purchased the correct size bolt. Be warned, the bolts are different sizes for the 15" and 16" alloy wheels. Don't make the mistake I did and order the wrong size! Northgate Fiat very kindly replaced the bolts for free of charge. They were very helpful and I highly recommend them.
Ahhh thats great....funny enough...i bought my high top MWB Fiat Ducato Van ...new from Canterbury,which i then had converted into a campervan...and yes they were very helpful....glad you got sorted.!!! :)

Landy Lover

Good to know you have a satifactory result and at little cost to yourself:)

Adverts