Locked Down

coolasluck

Hi Dunroamin hope you and heiki are well. Of course you are what am I thinking . We are in lincs now for a good long while. Found a c.l where the owner was cool with us staying during lockdown. We were going to stay for a few months anyway as it's dryer and warmer this side of the country. The sun is out we are happy as are our solar panels. Stay safe

Willum

Got to send a text to Gov to say when you are going shopping etc.
Now that is what I'd call a serious Lockdown. Wonder how the great British public would react to that idea as a means of getting the 'R' rate down?
Be interested to know how the Greek public react?

vwalan

Now that is what I'd call a serious Lockdown. Wonder how the great British public would react to that idea as a means of getting the 'R' rate down?
Be interested to know how the Greek public react?
just ignore it and carry on doing what ever you want to do.
thats what we do now. also what will happen during lockdown.
yes be interesting what the greeks do.

BigMomma

Still no Lockdown called here, but Government making another announcement on Tuesday. I wondered where all the Germans were ? French still at home I’m guessing ? Few more Brits being seen now but not in the usual numbers. Think everyone must be in Portugal :wasntme:

Dunroamin

Got to say we are spread out over a few kilometers,the odd small group but most with a decent distance between. On the way here on the day before lockdown,we coming from the North there was a mass exodus of mohos heading for the ferry ports.We are at Elia.Lots of young people many with kids.Not sure how many are overwintering but we see a few here from the last lockdown.Head down chin up!

chrisjones18

Pretty much stuck then until 23 rd November.....
At least you will have some sun, wet and windy here on the welsh/english border.

BigMomma

It isn’t as bad as it sounds, we are not in a Lockdown, we can still go to the beaches, go for walks, the shops, Cafe’s, Bars or Restaurants, as long as it is before 6pm when they all now close. The Curfew at 8pm does not really impact on us as it is dark by then and we are back at the apartment anyway. Had a few trips away in the van which got cut short as different areas started to close their borders. But as you say, at least we have the warm weather. The Regional Closures are happening all over, Italy now has many ‘red’ zones being implemented. As from 23rd November, anyone wanting to enter Spain has to come with proof of a ‘Negative’ Covid Test, that applies to people from most Countries whose Infections rates are high, so most of Europe as well as other‘s further afield.

BigMomma

I have read this morning that Scotland is looking at developing a network of similar systems to the ‘Aires’ network, ready for the 2021 season. Some positive News for once :thumb:

chrisjones18

I have read this morning that Scotland is looking at developing a network of similar systems to the ‘Aires’ network, ready for the 2021 season. Some positive News for once :thumb:
There are a few now, found some in aug/sept when we were there.
not sure if you use facebook but there's a page on there CAMpRA campaign for real aires uk. They also have a web site but I cant get my cracked screen tablet to link anything. They are discussing with MPs and councils about changing the outdated camping laws in the uk.
Campra.org.uk

Last edited:

BigMomma

Update to the Information published on the Andalusia.com information website:

There was a mis-print on the time stated for the Curfew in Andalusia. The Curfew is 22:00-07:00 and not 20:00 !!

vwalan

never mind . its do as you like around here.
wear a mask on entering a shop .
smile have fun and say hello to the locals.

chrisjones18

this is the new bill going through parliament

On another note , fed up now with going nowhere. Dont half miss a loo.....

Adverts