Locked Down

vwalan

here we are six months later and it does seem lockdown coud be around the corner .
nice weather here today and yesterday.
nature seems to be still winning ,lots berries etc in the hedges . even the ones that have been cut back ,new shoots growing fast and giving colour back in the hedges .
trees have dropped leaves but its still nice riding out in the sunshine.
hope your all having fun. keep smiling and enjoy life.

Willum

Yep, lovely sunny day, so outside most of the time. We had a pretty foul late summer after a blistering July and August.
On the Lockdown front:
The Local Council, in their wisdom, have bowed to pressure (or worse, depending on your level of cynicism) from the big static caravan park owners and welcomed and actively encouraged all the city dwellers (and their infections) to spend as much time as possible here for the foreseeable future. There are over 25,000 (that's twenty five thousand) statics in this neck of the woods. Not a lot of consideration for the local medical facilities. Then there's the hospitals which are poor performers at best, some in special measures, that will be utterly swamped if it really kicks off. We are an area of low infection rates but that's not going to last long.
The County Council have called it reckless but are unwilling, possibly unable, to do anything about it.

The best quip I heard over the last few months came from my neighbour, aimed at a dork in a queue:
"Look mate, if you're close enough for me to punch you in the face from where I stand, you're too f'in close!"

It made me chuckle.
Take care everybody.
And to those already ensconced in the south of Europe: Well done, good luck, stay safe and I hope it stays safe and sensible for you. Sadly we've more or less abandoned any hope of going now. The first winter in the UK for quite a while.
Will
ps Alan: When are you going to fix that bloody CAPS key?:D:rofl::rofl:

vwalan

i always try to not do as i,m told. so using capital letters is one i cant be bothered to press the button .
sunny again so been out for a nice ride on my m,bike.
every now and again you could feel the warmth shining down even through my jacket.
dry roads and not quite so busy today.
lots of nice places to travel to in uk if the weather holds out but best not go to wales or even past bristol birmingham ,london. might not even go abroad to devon. just stay here in kernow.

vwalan

Looks like i might have to start using capital s .Does seem i get no answer if i dont use them. HEE>HEE.
Is a bit quiet on here has everyone got locked up or locked down syndrome .

Willum

i always try to not do as i,m told. so using capital letters is one i cant be bothered to press the button .
sunny again so been out for a nice ride on my m,bike.
every now and again you could feel the warmth shining down even through my jacket.
dry roads and not quite so busy today.
lots of nice places to travel to in uk if the weather holds out but best not go to wales or even past bristol birmingham ,london. might not even go abroad to devon. just stay here in kernow.
I think we already knew that bit, Alan........ :)
Looks like i might have to start using capital s .Does seem i get no answer if i dont use them. HEE>HEE.
Is a bit quiet on here has everyone got locked up or locked down syndrome .
OK, OK, I'll rise to the bait. Happy now? ;)
.................. and you actually managed to use them in most of the right places.:rofl::rofl:

All that apart, Lockdown Syndrome included, it's our turn to have a lovely sunny day, a bit of a fresh breeze but nice to be outside - where I'm trying to fit and wire 2 new 160 watt solar panels, on a old, slightly lumpy-bumpy, motorhome roof - and if you think tha's not normal, when was the last time y
The only unknown outcome is what ends up with the most Sikaflex attached: me, my brother, or the camper roof! (yes, we are more than a metre apart, the panel is 1.4 metres long ;))

Regarding the Lockdown Syndrome: I think a lot of folk are getting the 'same old, same old' syndrome as much as anything else. The infection level comes down, the idiots get let loose - and up it goes again, whilst Boris et al bumble along, contradicting themselves and the scientists. Meanwhile some community leaders get greedy and threaten anarchy to try and get a bigger share than the rest of us.
Manchester is one of the worst, if not the worst, for ignoring the rules, has been since Day One, has a huge transmission rate of the virus and is whingeing the most about the hospitality industry suffering as a result............because they all want to go in the pubs, get pi**ed, go into the streets and other people's homes to party and raise the transmission rate still higher - to increase the restriction level.......... so they can ignore it. A bit ironic that the beer sellers are making the most noise about being affected. They are at least part of the cause.
I have to say, listening to Andy Burnham whingeing on was like listening to a 1960s trade union spokesman, hell bent as they were on destroying what remained of the knackered, mismanaged British industries.
I'm sorry but you brought it on yourselves. Deal with it!
Will

vwalan

Well turned out nice here and i just got ack from a nice m,bike ride out roads dry and no rain lovely.
Might be a rough one tomorrow it seems so had to get out while i could.
Cant beat having solar in the roof saves a few shilling. Run a lead in when at home and power a few things in the house when at home. Might only save 30p a day but it mounts up.
have a good one ,make the best of the sun while you can.

Willum

Well turned out nice here and i just got ack from a nice m,bike ride out roads dry and no rain lovely.
Might be a rough one tomorrow it seems so had to get out while i could.
Cant beat having solar in the roof saves a few shilling. Run a lead in when at home and power a few things in the house when at home. Might only save 30p a day but it mounts up.
have a good one ,make the best of the sun while you can.
They're on................ and only once small smear of the sticky stuff where it shouldn't have been. Miracle!
A bit of tidying up to do once the 'goo' is fully set, the wiring to route and connect but that should leave us pretty much self sufficient for electricity when we wild it. Hadn't thought about powering anything in the house - but you got me thinking...................

vwalan

i have 680wt panels on my mini artic . 2 inverters 1pure sine wave one old fashioned . these days modern fridges etc need pure sine wave.
i used to just use a 2kw inverter but when i changed the fridge had to get a pure sine.
in summer run a lead into house and power fridge plus the freezer and it saves a shilling.
power twintub washing machine when away and have never had hookup when away .
last time i used a campsite was in 2009 only then as emergency. dont like campsites . hardly use airres as well seems a diferent type of motorhomer uses them and campsites. mind airres were ok 30 yrs ago. and free .

Adverts