Last trip to Spain

hpold

Hi all , not been active for a while as the mrs has been ill with Alzheimer's and vascular dementia and we did the last trip in September so she could see her grand daughter . For me it was a trip out of hell had to cut the holiday short and phone the social services from there as to what to do . It has taken a toll on my health and I was in and out of hospital 14 times every two weeks. As I could not look after the Mrs and also told by the doctor and social services she is now in a care home . Before that I bought another HYMER 606 so it would be easier for her but now is parked up. Dont know what will happen but it is a devastating illness as one is being taken away from you and you can not do anything . You do not know whats round the corner to you all that are on the road a safe and happy trip over winter .

wanderlust51

Hi all , not been active for a while as the mrs has been ill with Alzheimer's and vascular dementia and we did the last trip in September so she could see her grand daughter . For me it was a trip out of hell had to cut the holiday short and phone the social services from there as to what to do . It has taken a toll on my health and I was in and out of hospital 14 times every two weeks. As I could not look after the Mrs and also told by the doctor and social services she is now in a care home . Before that I bought another HYMER 606 so it would be easier for her but now is parked up. Dont know what will happen but it is a devastating illness as one is being taken away from you and you can not do anything . You do not know whats round the corner to you all that are on the road a safe and happy trip over winter .

vwalan

yes did wonder we hadnt heard from you for awhile . hope things get sorted . its hard sometimes .
my dad suffered Alzheimers in his old age dare say i will get it if i live long enough. ha ha .
but regards and hope life levels out abit for you.
my parents are still travelling above us with a white and black pony pulling a living van.
my dad didnt want a black n white pony ,every one has them. hee hee . they look down and smile .happy .

chrisjones18

Send me your phone number if you want.....we have just been through exactly the same with sally.s mum...I wish you the very best.

coolasluck

Hi hpold.
I also had wondered what had happened to you.The forum is a lot quieter these days.Thats really heartbreaking and sad news mate and I also hope things get better for you.:(

BigMomma

It is never very nice hearing of such stories and no words can really comfort you :( My father was put into a care home as my Mother was unable to cope and it had a dramatic impact on her health. It took some time for her to adjust to being on her own and making the trips to the home to visit my Dad. It is important that you also look after your own health and now my Mother, at 80 years old, is looking much better and has adapted her life. She visits my Dad in the care home twice a week but is also getting on with her own life. She is still very mobile so gets out to do her shopping etc.

It is a very difficult time for you and I guess right now you are going through a great deal of emotions. Focus on getting yourself well so that you have both the physical and mental strengths to deal with the changes that are happening in your life and so that you can make the adaptations that are now necessary. Remember that you are not alone, although at times it may feel that way, you have family which you must, now more than ever before, remain in touch with. But do not forget that you also have 'freinds' you can communicate with, even if some of them are in the 'virtual world' of Forums ;)

hpold

Thanks all for your kind words. It is sad and tears your heart out seeing one being taken from you but she is in a nice home in oadby Devonshire court if any of you want to see it just google it, it set set in 3.5 acrs and has entertainment for the residents every day of the week. Will be back on line but we both have no family here two daughters in australia Ilene lost her daughter thee years ago and I think this started it off . In a situation like this you find out who your friends are . I do have a friend who has the same condition with her mother and she was the only one to visit me when I was in hospital with arterial affbrilatio stage 2 which one does not know when it is coming on but thats life . Thanks again to all for you kind words and support .

chrisjones18

I have sent you a message and will phone when I get from the showground.... Rubbish signal

Adverts