Just for Alan and anyone else who is a fan of Morocco

Willum

You may have seen this but just in case:
I'm really hoping it gets off the ground - at a sensible price. An ideal solution to some of the limitations of 90 days in Europe.
It'll be the cost which is the biggest factor in making it viable.

chrisjones18

Think it might be close to a 3 day trip. Though it would be a option.

BigMomma

Think it might be close to a 3 day trip. Though it would be a option.
I do not think that it would follow the same route that Brittany Ferries do to Spain, they sail close to the French Coast, so I reckon that they could do it in 48 hours or thereabouts :thumb: Cost would certainly be a factor but that has to be compared with Time/Fuel/Crossing to France/Tolls of doing the traditional road route, so may be comparable. I would certainly give it serious consideration though, a nice 2-3 day cruise, 90 days in MorRocco then a 90 day tour in Schengen then.............:think:

vwalan

a few years ago there was talk in morocco about a ferry from possibly falmouth to tarfaya .
mind have to get over brexit and covid for the world to get itself straight and running sort of normal.
there was quite a bit of deppening the ship lanes at tarfaya, we spoke to several locls about what was happening.
ideal for 90 days in maroc then drive down to gambia or senegal etc for awhile.
these days its best not buy anything from eu . what was the point in leaving it if we dont stop going there or buying stuff grown or made there.
mind maroc etc grow lots of veg ,fruit etc these days and eu do seem to think it can be theirs.
africa is moving forward much faster than most countries want to know about.

chrisjones18

Eric, what is this word "tolls" :wasntme:
Got caught by one just outside Paris once.....never again, crooks the lot of them.
Sally .is coming around to the idea of North Africa ..... a 3 day cruise might swing it....

Willum

Eric, what is this word "tolls" :wasntme:
Got caught by one just outside Paris once.....never again, crooks the lot of them.
Sally .is coming around to the idea of North Africa ..... a 3 day cruise might swing it....
I think the word 'cruise' might be pushing the limits a bit, Chris. I'm fairly sure it will be a rather 'workman-like' affair and certainly no black tie and cocktail dress dinners with the Captain. :rofl:
(but if that's what will get you on the slow boat to Morocco, shhhhhh! I promise to say nothing more. :thumb:
I'll be in the cue ahead of you if I get even half a chance at it)

I understand United Seaways are keen to promote the new route and quite open to discussing it. I've emailed them and asked to be kept up to date with developments. Fingers crossed. If I get anything back, I'll put it up here.

Now! C'mon, Boris. Get a grip, stop listening to the 'my rights' halfwits! Where's my flippin' Covid Passport??

Will

BigMomma

what was the point in leaving it if we dont stop going there or buying stuff grown or made there.
But not everybody wants to stop going there, for Motorhomers it isn’t about sovereignty, independence, free trade deals etc. It is about the freedom to travel throughout Europe ‘without’ restrictions, to be able to wander in and out of one Country and into the next without having to count days before having to be out again. As far as the long term impact of leaving the EU community is concerned, only time will see how that pans out, but as for extended travels beyond 90 days, those days have gone unless you find a way around it, and lots of people are doing just that and without losing British Citizenship :thumb: Early days yet, I am sure there will be a few changes over the next 2-3 years both in UK and Europe;)

Adverts