It's Still a Bl**dy Shambles...........

vwalan

but a green card doesnt have to be given by a uk insurance company once we leave the eu properly. then uk insurers wont have to cover uk folk or vehicles going to the eu.
they do legally have to give minimum insurance for vehicles while we are eu members . once we leave border insurance will be perhaps the way we shall have to go. mind it wont be at every country's border like it was years ago. it was great fun then ,long lines at every border and it was our job to confuse the border police etc as much as possible.
remember once we had a coach conversion with 13 of us in it . as kids we had to stand near the front to be counted through the window ,then crawl quickly to the back and be counted again. in the end we had to get out and be counted . there was three families on board and we could confuse the border control really easy.
after all they were annoying us making us stop so they were the cause of it . hee hee.
when they ask name , you say i dont know it you havnt told me your name.
was only about 7 yrs old when we started visiting other countries . learnt how to handle borders at an early age. hee hee.
best not go to the eu. dont buy eu products and visit other countries instead.
bet the ferries will be not so many soon to eu.
africa will be the ferry trip .

Dee63

I'd rather you be brutal than pussy foot around. As far as my vet tells me that we still haven't been put in a category after the transition period ends, he was told that we were going to become an unlisted country and now he has been told that there still not sure, our pet passport will last until the end of this year and then who knows, we did have our dog get the blood test regarding the rabies vaccination, just incase. As of January we're do we apply to get a visa to stay in Europe more than 90days, thanks for making it clearer

BigMomma

As for the Pet Passport stuff, you will know more than me as we do not travel with any pets. If you want a Tourist Travel Visa you have to apply to one of the EU countries e.g. France, Spain, Portugal etc. We followed a blog by an American family who applied to the French Embassy for a 5 year tourist visa, their two children were granted 5 year Visa’s but they, the parents, only 12 months ?

BigMomma

bet the ferries will be not so many soon to eu.
africa will be the ferry trip .
There will always be people taking Freight, Cars, Caravans, Motorhomes to, or through Europe, so I don’t think that the Channel crossings will be stopping anytime in the near future, if at all. Neither will the Channel Tunnel crossings be stopping. As for the Ferry to Africa, still not heard anything about this anywhere, but if or when it happens, bring it on, more opportunities.

vwalan

oh well does seem that maybe there will be less folk going to france etc .
could effect the tunnel as well.
as to the africa ferry i think they maybe waiting till we have properly left the eu.
certainly some of the ports in morocco have had the ports dredged out and were talking about it happening .
but we shall have to see if it goes ahead soon.
think there is going to be all sorts of changes as time goes on . just the pandemic will have all sorts of things changing. think many will not have the jobs they have been doing etc .
but never mind lets hope the sun keeps shining , had a bit of mist or low clouds just lately but at least the temperature have been like a winters day in africa.

BigMomma

Certainly going to be a bit of a rush on for the Tunnel and the Ferries now. What’s next on Boris’s hit list, I reckon Germany myself ? Would be good if there was ferry direct to Morocco, would certainly help their economy and we know they don’t like the French.

Willum

........and we know they don’t like the French.
........ at the moment, who does?:sick::D:D
I see that from tomorrow (Saturday) they will be joining the exclusive and much reviled UK quarantine list, along with Malta and Holland. It seems we are trying quite hard to alienate every country in the EU, instead of cold shouldering the ones we should until they mend their ways.
In the meantime, Northampton is headed for a lockdown and the produce from the M&S sandwich factory there is off the shopping list for now - not that it was ever really on it.........
What's that about people in glasshouses throwing stones????
I'm with you - and for once, Alan, - with the wish to see a direct ferry to Morocco - but in reality I doubt it will become a true Ro-Ro route at a viable cost.
Will

Adverts