Hi. Has anyone used motorhome depot for buying. They are a broker firm. Are they trustworthy?

Motorhome depot, a brokers firm for motorhomes from mansfield representing private sales.
I am asking because they have some decent prices for nice motorhomes and I am buying.
I just want to know if anyone has any dealings with them and is this a good route to take as a buyer.
Ta

johnnerontheroad

Not use them but heard of them offering silly money to the sellers, I would be very weary of them, make sure you get any M/H checked to see if they are not stolen, have no finance outstanding or mechanical defect, also take a good damp meter with you. Why would you sell your M/H via a broker below face value?

If you want to go that route have a look at www.bundesvan.co.uk they sellor put you in touch with the seller.

Dave

hpold

You will do better getting the motorhome from Germany as if it tuv over there there will be no problem with it and you can then export it to the UK just check to see that you can get the uk headlights and the fog light has to be switched . Also the exchange rate is good at the moment. It will cost you about £ 500 to get it back that includes your trip there to see the veh insurance for three months and export plates . Then all you have to do is mot it and tax it and insure it in the uk .

chrisjones18

There is "we buy any motorhome", the same as the car one. Dealers bid on the motorhome, cheap. A local guy/dealer buy me bid £20k on a euramobil, with a damp problem. next day on forecourt at £30k .sold in a week as it was cheap, though no mention of damp to buyer.
Be careful.

Rob Hall

This crowd sold our RS. They told me that they would return a certain amount, but in reality when it came to it, they chipped a couple of grand off as the selling price was too high. (They set the bl@@dy selling price!!)

aikidoamigo

I saw the website and it looks fair enough

Not sure how it is right to be disparaging about a company listing and offering product for sale, but certainly a good idea to ask users for their personal opinions... Same principles should always prevail, buyer beware and pay your money take your choice.

I think you have more chance buying through a business than buying off a private seller... The sale of goods act is there to protect buyers from bad businesses.

Regarding low price 'good value' vans... I can imagine many people who want a clean and easy sale would use such a company.

Just my 2p

Optimamater

Don't use them unless you are very thorough yourself. We have just bought a Nu Venture through MotorHomeDepot.com. The dealer bungled his way through the sale ..and if it wasn't for his efficient wife ( who did the administration but came with him for the viewing) we would have run a mile. Our first Motorhome so novices but we did our own HPI checks and made sure we had seen everything working and demonstrated before handing over the balance ( they wanted the money first!) But on driving back to Scotland from Shropshire my husband went to zero the tripometer and found the 19,250 they said was mileage was actually 1925.0 ( my hubby doesn't wear glasses to drive so hadn't noticed before) and the REAL mileage was 35,262. We phoned them immediately, she was very calm..but they've been stalling ever since. We like the van but want some money back! Now their computer has mysteriously broken so they sent a text. We asked them to phone but no joy yet. Also the copy of the habitation report was for the wrong registration number. So we've raised this too, plus the dealer totally lied about work he said had been done ( no paperwork) and we've since discovered it hadn't. A learning curve I tell you!

Steve Freeman

buying & selling...

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is a con.

The trick is, when conning, is to price things so that they don't seem unreasonable, but are just slightly better than the next guy. Not that I've done this of course.

Probably best to go to a long-established and well-known dealer who has a reputation to maintain - they must be out there! Tip: avoid plywood and wood bodywork construction; we're not in the 18th century, and plastic works.

Also, I tend to disregard one or two positive endorsements, and look more for any bad experiences, to see how people got treated when things went wrong, as this is what really counts for me.

It's like looking at reviews on Amazon. I rarely read the positive comments on the basis that I sinply expect the positive - it's the bad bits I want to know about - did it work? what happened when it broke and you sent it back? was it not as described? etc etc

aikidoamigo

I thought their prices high, probably due to commissions etc.

Broker as you say offering little but advertising imo

Mike w

I bought a van through this firm, travelled a long way to view and instead of walking away to have a think paid a deposit. An issue arose and i had second thoughts, but they refused to let me back out without loosing my deposit.
I went ahead and bought it, the van is good. But my advice is do not pay a deposit unless your sure!! As they say buyer beware.

Polosall

l Bought thru motorhome depot if your going to buy get a vehicle inspection thru aa or similar I bought thru noel they don't disclose any thing with vehicle

Mike w

I had a look at the auction when we were looking for a van, they have vans of all types and ages. However the newer vans appear just as expensive as buying from a private seller, but I'm sure there are deals to be had if you're lucky!?

traveller

Motorhome depot, a brokers firm for motorhomes from mansfield representing private sales.
I am asking because they have some decent prices for nice motorhomes and I am buying.
I just want to know if anyone has any dealings with them and is this a good route to take as a buye

sundowners

Personally I would treat them as buying from a private seller------ be very careful and don't expect any after sales service----- I believe they just put buyers and sellers together, no more!!!!!!!

Willum

Looked at their offerings last May/June, following the Knaus disaster. In the end we didn't use them. Wasn't terribly impressed by what they were ACTUALLY going to do and what assurances they offered.
Sundowners is spot on. They are (or certainly were when I looked) just an intermediary, ie, no better than an estate agent and, unless they have changed their operating principles, gave us no real confidence. They are just there to sell and get their cut - just like an estate agent. If it turns out to be a nail, or totally misrepresented, there's no comeback!!
There were also, at the time, posts saying they wanted a fee from some buyers to show them round the motorhome!
Get your own checks done - REGARDLESS of what is offered - mechanical, FULL habitation and service history - and unless you're confident in your own knowledge, get someone independent and knowledgeable to look over your shoulder if you can.
Good luck
Will ;)
ps currently 'locked down' on the Costa del Sol - with fingers crossed..............................

Adverts