Hi all

Dee63

Hi all, the four of us, my partner, our daughter, myself and our 10 Yr old springer spaniel, are about to start a new adventure. We are closing our business at the end of this month, due to the effect of the epidemic has had on our sales. During lock down after much consideration we decided to become full timers in our convertion which we bought last year, originally it was purchased for when the business could allow us to get away (usually Christmas and maybe the odd weekend)
Whilst we were fourloughed we decided to use the time to get to work on the bodywork, the colour wasn't our cup of tea and needed changing, Darren my partner started to change the bench seat into an L shaped seating area.) By then we knew our business was suffering big time and job enquires were virtually non existent, this is when we started making plans to travel parts of Europe before . A positive step from a rather negative situation. Once we decided what we were going to do, Darren used his skill being a welder/fabricator and turned the van into a home where we can live off-grid. We are so looking forward to becoming free to roam.
Any tips and advice would be truly welcome, especially on what we should be looking at to enable us to get wifi. Thank you all

Hello and welcome to the forum, good luck with your project and good luck with travels. The best way to full time is your own way, there no rules, enjoy!!

BigMomma

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new found freedom. As the saying goes “When one door closes another one opens”, the world is changing rapidly and the Pandemic is currently making travel a little more complicated, but it will settle down again as these things generally do, patience, flexibility and a good deal of common sense and awareness is what is required, and I guess so too flexibility. Leaving the EU has added a few more logistical issues for fulltimers but it is still very doable, you just have to plan your travel itinerary and be prepared to perhaps travel to places outside of the EU that perhaps you may not have otherwise considered. Good luck and happy travels :clap:

Dee63

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new found freedom. As the saying goes “When one door closes another one opens”, the world is changing rapidly and the Pandemic is currently making travel a little more complicated, but it will settle down again as these things generally do, patience, flexibility and a good deal of common sense and awareness is what is required, and I guess so too flexibility. Leaving the EU has added a few more logistical issues for fulltimers but it is still very doable, you just have to plan your travel itinerary and be prepared to perhaps travel to places outside of the EU that perhaps you may not have otherwise considered. Good luck and happy travels :clap:
Many thanks for your positive post, we have always fancied living in a van since living in our motorhome at that time for 3 months whilst we waited for a house purchase, it's now 13 years later but we are so looking forward to getting away from it all. We're not sure how long the money will last in Europe, obviously not having any income, but when we come back we'll still live in the truck and travel Britain when we can. Thanks again, Debs, ooh!! any advice would be gratefully received. ❤

BigMomma

Many thanks for your positive post, we have always fancied living in a van since living in our motorhome at that time for 3 months whilst we waited for a house purchase, it's now 13 years later but we are so looking forward to getting away from it all. We're not sure how long the money will last in Europe, obviously not having any income, but when we come back we'll still live in the truck and travel Britain when we can. Thanks again, Debs, ooh!! any advice would be gratefully received. ❤
I have just posted a recent update on my blog www.moreswervesintheroad.wordpress.com and in that it links to my 3 previous blog sites. You may find some useful information in there and if you start at the beginning you may even find a bit more inspiration as we were complete newbies. If you have any questions you can contact me via the blog or send me a PM on here.

Nomadic

Welcome to 365 and ask away......on the question of "how long will the money last" an option we and others have used is to become assistant's working for the C&CC or the C&MC clubs in the warm season and touring in the cooler seasons.

If you are interested in joining the C&CC you can obtain RAC - Relay breakdown cover, which is unrestricted in size and weight of your rig.

Insurance cover for full timing is not available from many brokers and one such broker is Comfort Insurance and they all have conditions attached, such as how long you can leave your rig unattended etc.

Wife , a good source of supply and information is Motorhome Wifi, site address I think is www.motorhomewifi.co.uk

Good luck with your project.

Willum

Wife , a good source of supply and information is Motorhome Wifi, site address I think is www.motorhomewifi.co.uk

Good luck with your project.
I know your wife, Neville. She's a very talented lady - but I didn't know she could connect to the internet as well......... :thumb: :thumb: :D:D:D
That apart, welcome Dee63 and family. It's a very 'interesting' time to start full timing, lots and lots of changes but I'm sure you'll love the sense of freedom.
Will

Nomadic

I know your wife, Neville. She's a very talented lady - but I didn't know she could connect to the internet as well......... :thumb: :thumb: :D:D:D
That apart, welcome Dee63 and family. It's a very 'interesting' time to start full timing, lots and lots of changes but I'm sure you'll love the sense of freedom.
Will
Well spotted Will, yes she can do most things.....

raggity

welcome to the club..you.; soon find your feet with park4 the night app.wild camping,moonfruit.com which shows cheap sites .pub stops etc.me and the wife used to live in a german s700 hymer,we mainly stayed on a site near our work and it worked well.then hoildayed with our home all over britain,never did europe but thats the next dream.buying a new vehicle hopefuly jul august next year so we can get out of this flat we will,survive in.its the freedom i miss and being off the grid almost.things will pop up if you have your team behind you,youve done a buisness before so one will pop into your heads again...good puck and we wish you well.

Adverts