Goodbye old friend

snail

it's time to say goodbye to my trusted steed Millie, faithful servant of last 7500 miles, I will miss the iconic style, but the yearning for a bit more power has overcome sentimentality.

New scoot arrival on Friday, unchristened bland looking, but the 300cc will carry us easier far and wide?

This momentous decision leads to another one, we are now looking for a trailer! And subsequently now have a very strong scooter rack for sale, if anyone's interested pm me for some photos

8182016145421.jpg IMG_20161003_140434.jpg

snail

Racing indeed! Who me!
Been for last ride on Millie today all round the lanes between the Severn and Sharpness canal, had picnic at Saul junction, thats where the Stroud water canal joins the Sharpness canal, built to join the Severn and Thames, primarily for the wool trade.
Had a walk round for an hour, collected Apples,Pears and of course blackberries, so pies and crumbles rest of week
Happy days
Snail

vwalan

been nice here had a ride out on the drifter to bodmin and surrounding area . had to go sun shining and if dont get out when i can it could be dark and wet soon. soon be time for drifter to hibernate .
but soon be winsum. could be shopping in torrelavaga soon . if its nice be tagle then west to galicia .
never know might be some shipwrecks in galicia . but hopefully only good weather if we go there.

coolasluck

It's been overcast here at Comilas which is bloody typical.Tomorrow were off to lanes.

vwalan

not doing the beach this side of san vicente playa meron . ok for parking during day use layby,s east or west of town .nice views over the estuary.
slow down you move too fast .
gotta make the morning lasta .
have fun.if you use the yellow road as you get to san vicente you will see the big layby,s as you drop down to the river . turn right just before crossing river for the beach. big carpark.

vwalan

Reactions: BwB

coolasluck

Na ..going to get to rodiles and then slow down:thumb:

vwalan

another of our favourite places .
changed over the years but another great place .
if the surfs up you can ride the waves up the river.
mind that was a few years ago. ha ha .
used to be nice when you could park in the forset there . but mind the solars didnt work so good then .
dont forget dinosaur beach just past there head for arguera but take a left turn . playa de meron . sounds like the beach at san vicente . but have a look . dinosaur prints used to be in the rocks to left of beach .
good parking .

Attachments

chrisjones18

Hell Alan, how do you remember all these places. A mind of useful information.

vwalan

remember i was only 6 yrs old when my parents started taking me away in winter. i have traveled alot . i have made notes for years .unfortunately like anywhere many places have changed completely . some have disapeared .built on etc . but some are new places that we passed by before but as the building went on it made the bits inbetween look better.
i still have a map from 1974 i used when touring on a m,bike . often wonder what my dad did with some of his maps but then i supose they were worn out really.
i,m sure too many folk travel too quick and use main roads .
far better avoid main roads .
even round here the new a30 has left the old road a fantastic clear road now the layby,s are great stop overs and where it was jammed packed with cars it could be a drag strip and is sometimes .
when i was a kid and still does look like about 5 main routes through spain . my dad always used to say lets see if we can find 50 ways . i,m still trying . its just so many are so nice you have to go back on them just to make sure.
i could do south west coasts and up through wales .bottom coast to ramsgate . i cant really remember alot of the lincoln and yorkshire coasts remember some bits but havnt been back since we left yorkshire .
i do like history and geography .

vwalan

looking good . not keen on scooters but i think you will have miles of fun on it.
mind scooters are easier for sitting your cassette on the foot plate if not in a good place to tip.
or carrying a 20ltr container of water. etc .
is it off to the sun then .
i dont mind being an all year biker .ha ha

snail

Nah the scoot won't be going to the sun, haven't sorted a trailer yet, might have to make one again! Ready made ones seem quite expensive for what they are £400+ for cheap French one Free type, would prefer a box type then can carry other things as well!

snail

Well that was a quick year! Scoot now 12 months old just had service and new back tyre! £235 ouch! 4800 miles now

Am I still in love? Mostly it certainly gets us further and wider range, have done a few 150 mile plus days, and the weekend in IOW was good, although it was strange not having the house on me back!

Might be looking for more weekend jaunts, rides, could do with a few of us with vans and scoots getting together for a weekends exploring on two weeks?

Snail

vwalan

done 600miles on my dax so far since i motted in june .
just sneak around the moorland lanes etc round here its real good fun.
mind took you on some last time you were here .
took john on a good drive out the other month . in my truck though ,but saw all the snow capped moun tains and deep pits etc . plus the sea views north and south.
looked nice today had clear skies had a great view over st austell bay then coming back the sea was really blue over newquay way.
i only went shopping but cant leave here without great scenery.
bike looks ok shame its a scoot though . hee hee

snail

We were thinking of going up to the NEC motorcycle show next month but it's £19.50 each to get in!! And to put that in to perspective the Motorhome show is £8.50 each, maybe because there are less exhibiters is why it's so expensive? We have a local classic bike show at Malvern end of month so probably go there

Adverts