Garage Storage

Pollik

I have a large garage at the back of my van - lots of room and lots of weight capacity.

At the moment, stuff is in cheap plastic storage boxes which is OK up to a point, but they slide around quite a bit, don't stay stacked, the bit I want is always in the bottom box.....

How does everyone organise their garage? Looking for some new ideas, here....

vwalan

front half of mine is reached by an internal door . the back part as metal tray /boxes screwed to the patition wall. then m,bike takes up the rest . .diesel genny in one corner .

BigMomma

On one side I have the fold up electric bicycles with the picnic table in a bag flat against the back wall. On the other side I have my BBQ crate (plastic box with lid), with another plastic box with lid with bit's and pieces' and that stands on top of the BBQ crate and on top of those is my Gas CADAC Chef BBQ which comes in it's own bag. I have 2 x Recliner sun chairs and then on top of those the extension pieces for the grey waste hose, sun brolly and beach mats. Tools and other stuff fit into other external lockers.

coolasluck

HA HA :D

Ive been thinking about this in our coach as i have tried to introduce storage in every place that i can.
My wife is a lover of storage containers which are fine to a point ,probably better if you can buy the right size to fit any given space to prevent the sliding about,but one thing i will be doing is storing a lot of clothing or light soft possesions in the locker spaces we will have.All the heavy stuff is going into the boot with our bikes:thumb:

coolasluck

Pound shops and their ilk are the best places for storage containers.

BigMomma

Buy some roll of anti-slip matting, cut it to the shape of the cupboard and hey presto, no sliding containers, boxes or jars :thumb:

coolasluck

Thats true b.m i am going to be buying that for under our sofa cushions .Going to look at getting some quotes for the cushions soon,probably after easter now.

BigMomma

Thats true b.m i am going to be buying that for under our sofa cushions .Going to look at getting some quotes for the cushions soon,probably after easter now.
If you are at the stage of talking about cushions then things must really be coming on with the coach :thumb:

coolasluck

Its going slow matey no plumbing or electrics yet,that should be the fun part.Still a fair bit to go but i am getting there.

BigMomma

Its going slow matey no plumbing or electrics yet,that should be the fun part.Still a fair bit to go but i am getting there.
When do you think you will actually be 'on the road' (subject to selling the house of course) ? Although I will retire at the end of March, Sharon wants to see the school year out so we will probably be looking at heading across the water in August 2014 :D

Ooops, just realised that we have hijacked this post matey, best we take this conversation elsewhere or we will be in dog house (dog house - garage :rolleyes:) yeah that kinda gets it back onto topic :D

coolasluck

I have thought all along that at the end of april next year and i would be happy,but i would hope that it would be by around the same time as you .I spend most of my time in the motorhome and at some point need to give the old girl a bit of a spray job as the bodywork needs to be tidyed and blown over.Going to have to find a place first though but when i do i can turn my attention to getting the house ready.Going to visit road pro in the near future to assess the water and heating situation and get a price as i want to get someone else to do the important jobs.

BigMomma

Well we can monitor each other as the months pass, and yes, it is flying by, nearly 3 months gone already of this year :eek: Right matey, signing off now, last day at work tomorrow then tomorrow evening we head for an overnight stay at the Airport ready for our Saturday morning flight to Mexico and the last taste of luxury hotel 'All Inclusive' holidays for a very long, long time :eek:

coolasluck

have a good holiday mate im sure you deserve it,will be quiet on here without you about,i guess i can put in some more time in the coach if my wife lets me:D

BigMomma

Cheers matey, have a good one :thumb:

coolasluck

:thumb: Bring back some sunshine for christs sake:cool:

BigMomma

I think the Customs officials confiscate it upon arrival back in the UK and then take it home themselves for the tomatoes in their greenhouses :rofl::rofl: But I will see what I can smuggle through ;)

coolasluck

Threaten them with alan they will let you go straight through then:cool:

aikidoamigo

Can our Pouffy mate make some for ya? keep it in the family and all that:eek:

Adverts