Drive to Spain in 2020?

BigMomma

I think in Spain it is mainly the major Industries that they are trying to get back to some sort of work. We have friends who live in a village up in the mountains and they are still very much in lockdown. Slowly, slowly is the way but fingers crossed that they are over the worst. Reports coming out that the Spanish Agricultural Industry has lost 95,000 migrant workers and saying that it may not recover for some time :shake: I think that getting back to Spain is not a high priority for us at this time, not that they would let us in anyway with us still having high infection rates:shake:

chrisjones18

Don't believe everything you hear, contrary to UK news reports Spain has not lifted it's lockdown .
We are not lifting our lockdown, some construction and industrial workers can return to work. Schools are still closed, universities are still closed, all bars, restaurants and hotels are closed, all retail shops except food outlets are closed.
We are only allowed out of our homes to shop for food, medical appointments and pharmacies and go to work if allowed as specified by the Decree.
We are only allowed to purchase essential items.... ie food, drink
We are not allowed out to exercise.
Dog owners can briefly take their pets out within immediate vicinity of home, though some are getting fined for doing so.
Our slightly eased lockdown is still way more strict than the UK one.
Fines for disobeying the lockdown START at €600.
We still have the Guardia and Army checking cars, shopping, receipts etc to ensure compliance
So, having just listened to the UK news stating that Spain has lifted the lockdown, leaves me wondering why I even bother listening.
Stay safe, stay home.
(From my family in Spain)

chrisjones18

The thread started "drive in spain in 2020, it now looks a lot less likely...

Easyliving

Don't believe everything you hear, contrary to UK news reports Spain has not lifted it's lockdown .
We are not lifting our lockdown, some construction and industrial workers can return to work. Schools are still closed, universities are still closed, all bars, restaurants and hotels are closed, all retail shops except food outlets are closed.
We are only allowed out of our homes to shop for food, medical appointments and pharmacies and go to work if allowed as specified by the Decree.
We are only allowed to purchase essential items.... ie food, drink
We are not allowed out to exercise.
Dog owners can briefly take their pets out within immediate vicinity of home, though some are getting fined for doing so.
Our slightly eased lockdown is still way more strict than the UK one.
Fines for disobeying the lockdown START at €600.
We still have the Guardia and Army checking cars, shopping, receipts etc to ensure compliance
So, having just listened to the UK news stating that Spain has lifted the lockdown, leaves me wondering why I even bother listening.
Stay safe, stay home.
(From my family in Spain)
We sometimes like to moan about the lockdown in the UK but it seems we have it easy.

Can you imagine being stopped by the police and them checking you shopping / receipts?

Paul

vwalan

its only a game to play. like here wear a reflective vest if in a van or truck .look like your working. \
yes keep receipts etc just in case you are asked.
in spain its like wild parking, dont have chairs ,tables ,bbq, or gas bottles etc out side that gives them a reason to move you.
dont park on beach front roads etc . or park but move away in the evening .
there are rules its just many dont follow them.
the biggest problem every where is the news papers etc get it wrong . the authorities have been getting it wrong for years .
its like ppe does the nhs have to go through parliament to buy every thing?
really they are just badly managed by workers that dont do a proper job.
some work hard but so many are working in name only not really doing the job.
govt change but the so called folk that run the systems dont change.
mind in spain folk that can play with the rules are still there and havnt been hassled to move etc
others are moving around but just playing a bit by the rules .
smile be happy . it might be a better place as time goes by.

Dunroamin

They already check you have a receipt in Greece have done for years.Tax evasion.In Italy they made the double till system mandatory a few years ago for the same reason.

Adverts