Covid Greece

BigMomma

Big Increases are mainly in the North of Spain, but Andalusia rates are on increase, mainly in North of Region and Malaga Province, Estepona rate has increased but Manilva and San Roque still holding steady for the time being :thumb:

LuckAhead

Big forest fire down by San Roque recently :eek: Spain infections have doubled in a matter of days, from 11,000 to 22,000 yesterday although largest rises in North of the Country And Valencia region, talking about re-introduction of restrictions and curfews. We are on ferry down there on 19th July but quite happy to isolate in our bolt hole like we had to early part of this year, didn’t stop us from getting out and about for local walks though. Never know, we may be lucky enough to get caught in another National lock down so that we cannot return to UK in October:D
That's not very nice! You want another lockdown and so people dying because you didn't go for residency. Don't let your neighbours over there know how happy you might be!

BigMomma

I do not think that any people are dying because I have not, as yet, applied for residency :think: And nowhere in my comment did I actually say that I wanted another lockdown. You appear to be someone who reads something and misinterprets it how you want to, do you work for the Media ?

chrisjones18

I do not think that any people are dying because I have not, as yet, applied for residency :think: And nowhere in my comment did I actually say that I wanted another lockdown. You appear to be someone who reads something and misinterprets it how you want to, do you work for the Media ?
Sounds like they work for the Sun or Daily Mail.

LuckAhead

You said "We may be lucky enough to get caught in another national lockdown"! When they do the lockdowns it's because cases, hospitalisations and deaths are aplenty. All I meant was that IF you had sorted residency you wouldn't need to be so "lucky".
I do not work for the press, I just wouldn't consider myself lucky if I was in a country having to experience a lockdown.

BigMomma

If you read the whole comment I did say that the infection rates in Spain were increasing and that they, the Spanish, were talking about re-introducing restrictions and curfews. Increased infections does not automatically mean increases in number of Deaths and restrictions on movement are not just due to hospitalisations, their restrictions and curfews are to limit movement in individual Municipalities, Provinces and Regions to try and contain the spread of the infections. My comment about being lucky to get caught in a lockdown in Spain was in relation to the time of year that we would have to return to the UK, October in UK is Autumn and temperatures cold, Spain is still very sunny and warm so that is where I would prefer to be and so if they introduced another lockdown and we could not travel out of our Municipality to return to UK, then we would be more than happy to be stuck in Spain. I think if you go back and read your original response you will come to realise what you actually said and not perhaps what you meant to say ;) people dying because I didn't go for residency :giggle:

Even in lockdowns, we actually feel safer in Spain than we do in the UK, will be interesting to see how high the infection rates rise all over Europe, what with the Football, Tennis, Cricket etc. Re-opening to spectators in their thousands, without any social distancing and now the tourism opening up throughout Europe, it’s only going to get worse in the short term.

I do realise what you are implying about had we have taken up residency, in that we could enjoy the sunshine all year round in Spain, but that wasn’t what you said now, was it :giggle: But no matter, I am sure we now both understand what each other were actually saying :thumb:

chrisjones18

Only night time curfews so far in Spain..
Dunroamin is putting me off Greece a bit even though I'd love to go there. Only been to a couple of islands.

chrisjones18

We still feel Greece is safe in as much as avoid the cities and the islands.Friday 2nd jab then leg it back up here in the mountains.
School holidays are just about to start here and the government is lifting all restrictions from the 19th..... most campsites are fully booked until sept.... it's going to be hell in uk. Though quite a few new aires are opening....I've a feeling wild camping spots might become jammed with idiots./people with no idea.
I'm still waiting to get my feet sorted so I can walk without pain...nhs is so far behind, but doing a great job considering. Just wait and hope....

vwalan

newquay is getting a bit more crowded . streets etc . the camp sites close to the main newquay are busy but come away a few miles and there are lots of pitches empty.
i just rode to newquay and up the coast to almost padstow . lots of space on many coastal camping places.
but i dare say it will soon be holidays with kids that will fill them up.
sun shining lovely , was a bit of cloud towards padstow so i turned right and didnt go to padstow.
have fun it might be winter on its way soon.
best not go abroad , you might pick up loads of foreign germs etc , hee hee
come to cornwall. bring all your savings and you wife and older daughters. give the man on the horse all your cash at the border but send your wife and daughter on down . we will look after them for a week or so, then send them home.
if you have young smaller children we can make them into pasties etc .
have fun we will down here.
kernow rules etc.

BigMomma

School holidays are just about to start here and the government is lifting all restrictions from the 19th..... most campsites are fully booked until sept.... it's going to be hell in uk. Though quite a few new aires are opening....I've a feeling wild camping spots might become jammed with idiots./people with no idea.
I'm still waiting to get my feet sorted so I can walk without pain...nhs is so far behind, but doing a great job considering. Just wait and hope....
Got all our paperwork in order for Spain but just discovered that since beginning of July (7th) people now have to register with Spanish Health Authority on-line to fill in an application and complete a health declaration. They then send a QR Code which is what they will ask for at Immigration, no QR Code no entry !! You can only apply 48 hours in advance of arrival in the Country, more paperwork but it will be worth it

BigMomma

Good to go for another year, Bi-annual full service today and annual MOT, passed with no advisories :clap:

BigMomma

That’s it, all good to go :thumb: Got our QR Codes from Spanish Health Ministry today so can board ferry on Monday and enter Spain on Tuesday:cool:

vwalan

bye.
have a good one.
never know i might get abroad to england soon.
mind its lovely weather down here and the roads i use are still quiet.
have a great time just riding around as many little side roads as i can.
ride slow and free wheel down the hills ,get over 30miles to a litre if i take it steady.
its like being a young child on a first motorbike.
mind i do miss the big bike some times .
might have to get my 250cc one out and give the little dax a few days rest.

BigMomma

Well we are here in Spain :thumb: At Portsmouth they asked for the ‘Proof Of Covid Vaccination’ and the ‘QR Code’ as well as the usual stuff. Worth noting that you no longer have to complete the Passenger Locator Forms as this is all part of the application process for the ‘QR Code’. Ferry was pretty empty compared to the usual crossings, more like a ghost ship but crossing was superb, whole journey the sea was like a mill pond :thumb: At Bilbao, temperature checks of each individual were taken on the car deck prior to disembarkation. Spanish Immigration only asked for passports which they stamped, did not ask to see any other documentation. There is a ‘new’ search area as you pass through the Passport Control check area, this is where they check for any illicit goods being taken in now that we are citizens from a ‘Third Country’, so no meat, fish or dairy products, or any bi-products containing said ingredients, including pet food. We were not searched and allowed to just pass through, just lucky I guess as lots of vehicles were being directed into the search lanes. The beaches are packed, the supermarket was packed so it does not feel as though there is anything any different to normal, apart from wearing of face masks inside public areas. Enjoy your continued heatwave in UK.:cool:

vwalan

have a good time.
nice and warm here today .
might be rain this weekend.
but never mind .
yes there as been no surf at all. the sea is calm as can be.
bet it will be a good time to drift across that north coast of spain off ferry turn right follow the sea take every turning you can and enjoy the drive,

be hot driving through the middle of spain .
just follow the coast and you will end up at your place.

Adverts