Covid Greece

vwalan

here you have a two month about between the two jabs.
guess its different in other places .
have fun , drive safe and smile .

chrisjones18

Both of us have had 2 jabs, I was ill (flu type) after 1st one but both ok.

BigMomma

There was a 10 week gap between our first and second vaccinations, although we did get an Email inviting us to get our second one earlier, but we were busy doing other more enjoyable things :giggle: But to be honest all of this has just been another big con job by the British Government, first they say that the gap of 12 weeks was because it provides a better efficacy and then they totally contradict that by urging people to get their 2nd doses earlier, it was all to do with lack of availability of vaccine supplies and wanting to get more people to have their first doses with the limited supplies available. Everything with this Government is just one big falsehood, you cannot mix in large family groups or at Weddings but 2,500 VIP guests from all over the World can come to UK for the Euro 2020 football without needing to Quarantine, 40,000+ can go to football matches, Silverstone can have maximum attendees at the F1 Grand Prix…….and it goes on and on, one rule for some, another rule for others, it’s about time to just say SOD IT Boris, enough is enough:mad:

vwalan

why dont you move over into your place in spain?
it does seem you dont like being uk based.
so many dont like it here yet dont move away for good.
i find going away just keeps me happy that england ,well cornwall is a nice place to live.
actually the last two winters i have quite enjoyed being here and visited lots of places i hadnt been for years.
in summer many are over crowded but in winter very nice places to stop at.
i certainly like the green green grass of home .
boris etc are doing a great job ,but could be abit more harder and stop foreign travel or folk coming to uk. that might help us . worth a try.
never mind might get a few days abroad in devon next week, hee hee
kernow for for me . hee hee

BigMomma

Moving to Spain is certainly not off the cards, but not until the back end of next year, at the earliest, if we do decide to take that route, we have a plan ;) Still got several options open to us and we do like the freedom of having options :thumb: I actually quite like the UK, but at the moment we do not want to be ‘based’ anywhere permanently. We actually do like the UK, as far as the scenery is concerned, much the same as Europe, there are lots of places that are really beautiful and that we still have not seen as yet. Brexit has of course made us have to rethink our wider travelling logistics and having our ‘bolt hole’ in Spain allows us to have some flexibility, so for the time being we are quite happy with our situation. It does not cost us anything to stay on UK Caravan Club Club campsites, the main retirement benefit that we worked for with the Club, knowing that Brexit would entail us having to be in UK for some periods of time, so for us it is really good to know that if the weather turns nasty, which is more likely than not in this country, that we can go and pitch up on a hard standing, with electric hook up, full motorhome service facilities, toilets, showers and, apart from paying to use the laundry machines, it doesn’t cost us a penny.;) But we still have the choice of ‘free camping’ as and when we want to, as I said, its nice to have options:thumb:

chrisjones18

[QUOTE="BigMomma, post: 80398, member:
It does not cost us anything to stay on UK Caravan Club Club campsites, the main retirement benefit that we worked for with the Club, knowing that Brexit would entail us having to be in UK for some periods of time, so for us it is really good to know that if the weather turns nasty, which is more likely than not in this country, that we can go and pitch up on a hard standing, with electric hook up, full motorhome service facilities, toilets, showers and, apart from paying to use the laundry machines, it doesn’t cost us a penny.;) But we still have the choice of ‘free camping’ as and when we want to, as I said, its nice to have options:thumb:
[/QUOTE]
That's it I'm cancelling my membership..... I ain't paying for you to go camping :D :D :D :D :D :D

BigMomma

Lol :D We still had to pay our Annual Membership subscriptions even whilst we were working so couldn’t use any sites anyway, even now we still have to continue to pay our annual subscription fee. So after seven years of paying annual subscriptions and not having time off to use the membership I think we have paid in advance for any sites that we now use ;) Just to add, their are Restrictions too, we cannot use sites, unless we pay, during all Peak Season periods and their are others, the most popular and busy sites, that we cannot use at all over weekends (Fri-Sun) But it is a good facility to have, free camp for 3-4 days then book a night on a site, empty and fill tanks, hot showers, do the laundry and then off we go again:thumb: We joined too late, in the earlier days, retirees got a ‘Free Pass’ with absolutely no restrictions on use, and now, since Jan 2021, for any new staff joining the Club the ‘Free Pass’ has gone, so the club over the years have been gradually reducing this retirement benefit, we got in just in time:eek:

Last edited:

vwalan

whats a campsite?
oh thats one of them places that folk drag all sorts of things out and make a mess .
best not use them places.
some even pay for parking as well.

BigMomma

whats a campsite?
oh thats one of them places that folk drag all sorts of things out and make a mess .
best not use them places.
some even pay for parking as well.
I will rise to the bait Alan :giggle: But it does make me ask the question, If you never use Campsites how do you know that people drag all sorts of things out and make a mess ?:rofl::rofl: Oh yes, you remember when you did use campsites back in the 1960’s;) It’s a good job that we all like to live our lives in our own way, otherwise it would be a boring old world wouldn’t it:thumb::lipssealed::giggle:

vwalan

i did work on riviera sands holiday camp down at hayle .also used to help out on weekends on st,ives bay holiday site at weekends .
oh and when my mate was dj at a site at millendreath near looe i used to go there and help at weekends . ideal for free beer etc and no costs .
could be good crumpet hunting grounds back then.
worked hard in the summer times ,then off on long surfing holidays in spain ,portugal and maroc.
do a bit of grape picking in france or orange picking in spain to earn a few shillings.
actually back in the 60,s using campsites in france or spain wasnt allowed if you were in a motor caravan .
campsites were for tents. even many sites didnt allow touring caravans either.
thats why later on airres were started in france . so as motor homes got more popular there was places to stop.

BigMomma

could be good crumpet hunting grounds back then.
Is their a specified season for that, like their is for the annual Haggis shoot in Scotland :think:

Have you heard anything from Coolasluck recently, where is he hiding out these days ?

vwalan

lots of crumpet to hunt in newquay these days
mind i can say i,m too old these days but looking is allowed but only quick glances not glaring. .
some are almost unwrapped while in the streets etc, do have a ride around on a sunny day on my little monkey bike. i,m that silly old git with the long grey beard . hee hee.
havnt heard off coolla for awhile ,did speak to him awhile back on the mobile.

chrisjones18

Have you heard anything from Coolasluck recently, where is he hiding out these days ?
Last I heard was they were staying around Norfolk /Suffolk area until Covid was cleared up a little more.

Dunroamin

Legged it up into the mountains.37 deg in the day and 25 night.Cant sleep plus hordes of gippos on the beach leaving their rubbish.Here 1000 meters 30 deg and 17 to20 in the night.Have to go back to Mesalonghi on the coast next Fri for 2nd jab then back up north to the cool.

BigMomma

The infection rates are climbing all around Europe once again, this Pandemic is a long way from being over. The priority now appears to be about getting economies going again, as long as death rates remain low and hospitalisation due to Covid remains low, the message is, go and catch Covid as you will not suffer as much. Looking at how Boris is now lifting travel restrictions for England, with 65% of the population double vaccinated it really was all about ‘Herd Immunity’, although of course, he has always insisted that it wasn’t :wasntme:

chrisjones18

Legged it up into the mountains.37 deg in the day and 25 night.Cant sleep plus hordes of gippos on the beach leaving their rubbish.Here 1000 meters 30 deg and 17 to20 in the night.Have to go back to Mesalonghi on the coast next Fri for 2nd jab then back up north to the cool.
Just talked to our daughter in San Roque, Southern Spain, she sad it's been between 40c and 50c all week......-
That's a bit hot even for me.
Our plan is to head down there for jan to march, I'm waiting for hospital appointments to be over and should be done by the end of the year...
Should be cooler by then though...
Hordes of van dwellers in Bristol.....rubbish everywhere , there must be somewhere better than under flyovers

BigMomma

Big forest fire down by San Roque recently :eek: Spain infections have doubled in a matter of days, from 11,000 to 22,000 yesterday although largest rises in North of the Country And Valencia region, talking about re-introduction of restrictions and curfews. We are on ferry down there on 19th July but quite happy to isolate in our bolt hole like we had to early part of this year, didn’t stop us from getting out and about for local walks though. Never know, we may be lucky enough to get caught in another National lock down so that we cannot return to UK in October:D

chrisjones18

Isolating in a warm country....cant think of any better way...
They made daughter sell her Gib reg car after time limit with Brexit...not impressed as it was a good one ( honda civic), too much money to change to Spanish plates.she is inspector in the police, not a good example I suppose.
Gib regs are easier than Spanish with vehicles.though on holiday wont count... was a bit of a purge a few months back stopping gib/english reg vehicles but quietened down now.
No mention of increase of infections down with her and it's not far from where you are going. Facemasks inside public buildings but that's about it. Cant afford ferry to Spain so we will be driving .

Adverts