cotswolds

snail

bell 2 resize.jpgbell 3 resize.jpg bell 1 resize.jpg
As requested, bit busy today as market on, try again tomorrow see if i can do better, unfortunatly looks like some interior work going on at the moment, note on door so couldn't get inside

BigMomma

Nice photo's and no snow :thumb: Closed for interior work ! must be a 'Hobbitual' problem :D

Wandering Star

Hey! Nice one Snail!
I can see some similarities between fiction and fact already!
Thank you! :)

snail

Good one Bm, no snow, but still remants on site, went below last night, only 2 at the moment!
Ws i don't know if you want or can download them from here? but pm me an address if you want them e-mailed to you?
probaly moving on tomorrow? cheers for now
snail

BigMomma

Good one Bm, no snow, but still remants on site, went below last night, only 2 at the moment!
Ws i don't know if you want or can download them from here? but pm me an address if you want them e-mailed to you?
probaly moving on tomorrow? cheers for now
snail
Have you managed to get to the mid-week street market ? Where are you moving on to ? If you are coming past me then you can always stop for a cuppa but gotta go out at 15:30 :thumb:

snail

Hi, watched wardens going round site unfreezing water points this morning whilst eating my porridge/syrup!

Decided to stay now they have cancellations we booked for the rest of week, chance of more snow, so as good here as anywhere?
We have been to market and stocked up with meat, fish, fruit and veg all good stalls, they run coaches here for the market quite busy little place.

It's a bit odd as this is first trip since losing our Rosiedog, only going to be 2 weeks as still have some family duty at home, we are ok with it and a last drink of liquid velvet or our sloe gin, makes it all good.

When we set off a week ago the van was freezing -3 inside, so i think it does it good to have some use this time of year, keep the fan heater on and open cupboards at floor level where all the pipework runs, only had the waste tank valve freeze so far.
Funny time of year this, seems almost like treading water till spring and waiting for service mot before being able to set off proper.

While here am experimenting with being all electric, we have on board, small fan heater, low power kettle, toaster, 1 litre slow cooker, and our new remoska, have only used gas once to boil some cauli and broc, so not bad, the remoska is substituting the oven really well, learning all the time, so this will be our intention to ease gas usage when in Spain this next winter, fingers crossed, we haven't been out of Uk for over a year now, where abouts you going in France? touring? aires or campsite? we usually go on the hop without booking anything bar the tunnel.

BigMomma

We are bound by time so tend to book sites. On April 3rd we sail to Le Havre then drive to Bressuire (Between Cholet & Parthanay) to a small 25 pitch site (Puy Rond Camping - British couple run it) just 5 minutes walk from the medieval town of Bressuire which also has a local rail station :thumb:

Nothing planned for the Half Term holiday at the beginning of June (Changed this year to add an extra day Public Holiday for the Diamond Jubilee. May not go anywhere as we have applied for tickets for the Jubilee Concert in London, got to wait until end of March to see if we have been lucky, won't hold my btreath though :(

In summer we do the same ferry crossing (Portsmouth - Le Havre) but head down to Parc Verger (Nr Limoges) then a bit further South to a remote 4* Adult Only site (Chateau La Comte Country Club) before moving on to a site 10 minute walk to the town of Sarlat la Caneda before heading to the South West Coast just outside St Jean de Luz. Then a short drive to Bilbao for an overnight ferry back to Portsmouth. :thumb:

Adverts