cotswolds

snail

Hi, arrive CC site Broadway tomorrow for three nights then onto Moreton in Marsh CC site for another three, so if you are that way come say hello!! Half term next week so no chance then!

Happy travels
Snail

BigMomma

Love the Moreton Site although we tend to park bottom right hand side (as you enter site) as the left is where the families tend to congregate. Nice Fish & Chips from the van that calls on a Friday evening and a lovely short stroll into the quaint villiage/town. Turn right out of the site and about 20 minute walk to the falconry centre, brilliant :thumb: Never done the Broadway site.

aikidoamigo

Some great art galleries on that main street.. Be sure to go in the really posh ones, they were very friendly and had some great stuff over many more rooms than I expected.

Stopped at the black and white hotel / pub at the bottom end one time and that had a lovely log fire going.

Enjoy you lucky people!

BigMomma

It is a good site, as you say lots of antique shops, art galleries and the midweek market that takes over the whole street. Handy Supermarket as well but also the local rail station so visits further afield possible and of course the local buses that will take you through lots of interesting villages en route the larger towns. One of our favourite 'local sites' which we tend to use as a weekend bolt hole as it is only about a 1 hour drive from the house :thumb: Another good one is Cirencester Park, nice easy walk into the town centre but the site itself is on the boundary of a large Park so green and peaceful ;)

snail

We have often thought these three sites would be good for a winter halt, as all of them are easy walking to centre/supermarket, so even in snow you could still get to shops ok, Moreton and Cirencester have the most facilities, Broadway probaly the smallest but Evesham is only five miles away, going to Woodstock in march, visiting Blenhiem Palace again, last chance before our annual passes run out!

BigMomma

We have often thought these three sites would be good for a winter halt, as all of them are easy walking to centre/supermarket, so even in snow you could still get to shops ok, Moreton and Cirencester have the most facilities, Broadway probaly the smallest but Evesham is only five miles away, going to Woodstock in march, visiting Blenhiem Palace again, last chance before our annual passes run out!
Just keep the adventure going :thumb:

Wandering Star

"After painstaking research the Tolkien Society claim that The Bell Inn in Moreton in the marsh is the inspiration behind The Prancing Pony, Middle Earth's most famous pub in the book 'Lord of the Rings'".

If you have time, would love a piccie or two of that place!!
Hobbits rule!!!:D

BigMomma

Next time I go there I will try and remember to get a photo or two, or three of it for you, unless Snail can do it before me :thumb: I am assuming you mean the Pub and not Moreton the village :rolleyes:

Wandering Star

Yup! The Pub!
And I would be very grateful!, might even stand you a round should our paths ever cross!:thumb:
Just a sad Tolkienite here!:)

BigMomma

Yup! The Pub!
And I would be very grateful!, might even stand you a round should our paths ever cross!:thumb:
Just a sad Tolkienite here!:)
In my book, with my tipple that is a very generous offer ..... a round of JD eh !:D

Wandering Star

Done deal BM!
Show me the hobbits and I'll show you the JD! :D

Wandering Star

Keep your hobbits under control...More than happy to just have a piccie of the pub! ;)

No one would have believed how this converstation could have become so derailed without buying a ticket from VR ;)

BigMomma

Keep your hobbits under control...More than happy to just have a piccie of the pub! ;)

No one would have believed how this converstation could have become so derailed without buying a ticket from VR ;)
"Converstationery" - A form of Communication - as opposed to "Converstationary" - Communication when not on the move :rolleyes:

snail

Don't drink it, but i'll trade it with you......can't think what with at the moment?

moved over to Moreton today, couldn't believe the difference in a few miles, still quite a lot of snow here, can't see the grass at all, apparently lots of cancellations for next week, so you might get a place, are you going anywhere as it's half term?

BigMomma

Don't drink it, but i'll trade it with you......can't think what with at the moment?

moved over to Moreton today, couldn't believe the difference in a few miles, still quite a lot of snow here, can't see the grass at all, apparently lots of cancellations for next week, so you might get a place, are you going anywhere as it's half term?
Unfortunately not, Sharon is off but I have got some jobs on in East Anglia and the Midlands so no rest for the wicked as they say :thumbdown: but only about 8 weeks until we pootle over to France :thumb:

As for snow...........what snow ! we had the one afternoon and that was it. Beautiful warm day with some sunshine yesterday so went for a walk. Today it's been absolutely miserable all day, not stopped drizzling, but still pretty mild.

Enjoy Moreton, at least their facilities are good :thumb: Plenty of pubs to visit and take photo's of, make sure you get a few hobbits in the photo's for WS, might be worth an extra bottle of JD :rofl: , sure we can do a 'Swap Shop' for something you would prefer (Probably a Magnum of Bollinger :eek:).

Rob Hall

Hi, arrive CC site Broadway tomorrow for three nights then onto Moreton in Marsh CC site for another three, so if you are that way come say hello!! Half term next week so no chance then!

Happy travels
Snail
Iam sure vwalan would love to meet up at the site if you ask him.

snail

Yeah right Rob, think i know Alan better than that! we may meet in Cornwall later in the year and talk bikes for an hour or two, won't forget last year we were wilding up by Ribblehead viaduct and on sunday just sat out in chairs watching bikes of all sorts whizzing past, one of those roads, not the cat and fiddle, but still good, butty van there as well so some stopped, like having our own meet! i do miss my Deauville sometimes, yes i know old mans bike, but i was born and rode when we were Motorcyclists not bikers.......

Adverts