are we all smiling and happy?

Willum

So here is something you may wish to ponder upon, just hours after Blundering Boris’s latest ‘Lambs to the Slaughter’ announcement, my Mother has received a letter this morning from the NHS advising her to stock up on Tinned and Dry Goods ? That sounds like they are expecting a second wave of high infections and perhaps more panic buying Just to add to the ‘Conspiracy Theories’, if the Boris road map is indicating that by 1st July everything else, not already having been opened up, is then permitted to do so, subject to infection rates of course, then why is the Chancellor about to announce an extension to the furlough payments up to the end of September although at a reduced rate of 60%
As ever with BoZo, it was strong on rhetoric and short on substance. Like a lot of his pronouncements: Hardly worth the effort of trying to understand what it means and it most certainly raised more questions about detail than it offered answers to the problems.
As you say, 'Lambs to the Slaughter'. The reality is they simply can't protect anyone in the longrun, unless and until there's a viable vaccine developed. The idea of letting kids go back to school beggars belief. In general children have a high survival rate and few symptoms, so they are the perfect carrier. Fit them all into a classroom, add one child with Covid-19 and bingo: a hundred new cases in the making overnight.
To be perfectly candid, I get the impression it's being conducted as a managed cull of the vulnerable - because they simply can't prevent it with the present treatments.............. and the synic in me says Boris-the-mouthpiece-of-the-Brexiteers wants to "get Brexit done" at any cost.
Will

vwalan

thats what the people of uk voted for. get out of the eu as fast as we can.
ideally put a high import duty on all eu products and lets get back to buying else where in the world.
boris is doing a great job .
well as good as any other pm. we have had.
i blame the older generation for joining the eec and getting rid of the uk empire in the process.
but never mind its nice and sunny out here today , bit windy but a real nice and pleasant day.
never know we might even put a ban on holidays in eu for ever.
have fun smile and be happy.

BigMomma

Just to clarify Alan, 52% of the U.K. public voted to leave the EU, that is just a little over half of the nation so that’s a lot that didn’t :rolleyes: No point starting that debate again though as democracy is that the majority vote is what counts so that’s that, what’s done is done. If this Coronavirus has proved one thing beyond doubt, contrary to what you may believe, we are not a great independent nation that can go it alone, we are no longer an Empire, we obviously do not have the necessary infrastructure to support ourselves otherwise we would have turned our own supposedly fantastic industrial skills into providing our own ventilators and PPE, we would have made sufficient testing kits, we would not have to send over half of what tests had been conducted to other Countries to be tested because we do not have the resources to do it ourselves. We cannot deal with a National crisis but somehow we are supposed to be able to leave the EU and become World Class leaders and innovators in our own right, dream on McDuff.

BigMomma

I can just picture the scene, there’s Boris at home, sloshing red wine all over Carrie’s growing baby bump with the World News on the TV in the background announcing a tidal wave has hit Europe and is spreading North at a devasting rate. Boris pours himself another glass of plonk. Then the News arrives that the Tidal wave has crossed the English Channel and rapidly racing North, this news finally gets Boris’s attention. He picks up the phone, not to alert the members of the COBRA team but to his Mentor... “Sorry to disturb you Dominic, have you seen the BBC News ? Do you think we have enough Lifeboats and can you remember where they all are ?” Boris goes quiet, takes another go full of red plonk and listens to the words of wisdom passed to him, “Stay calm Boris, that's what the Navy is there for, we will tell the British Public that we are following the advice from them”, Boris looks concerned “This is a bit of a bad line Dominic, where the hell are you ?” there is a brief pause and In the background the sounds of water lapping on something plastic, then a voice, “Sorry Boris, my life raft has just sprung a leak, can’t speak now, will ring you later” the phone goes dead. Boris sits back down on the couch, pours himself another glass of red plonk, Looks like another busy day tomorrow.....

chrisjones18

There's only one person to blame for brexit
Stand up and be counted David Cameron........ you would not stand up to the eu so we are where we are now... up shit creek...

BigMomma

There's only one person to blame for brexit
Stand up and be counted David Cameron........ you would not stand up to the eu so we are where we are now... up shit creek...
I think you can certainly hold him to account for initiating the Referendum when he did not have to, and for underestimating the mood of the nation, but it was the 52% of the population who voted for it.

BigMomma

So that’s it, confinement over, well in England at least, so with diesel tank filled, fresh water filled, empty grey and empty toilet cassette, where is everybody going :tmi:

vwalan

lots on the move down here.
jusy had a trip to mole valley farmers store in st,columb to get some bits . the roads are busy and lots of m,homes and caravans moving around .
never know the highway men might be busy stopping travelers at the border and taking their cash and taking the women off for a quick one .
gotta keep cornish tradition working. hee hee
nice enough weather as well . bit of a cloudy day but still warmish .
bring on global warming and let us have a nice long summer.

BigMomma

lots on the move down here.
jusy had a trip to mole valley farmers store in st,columb to get some bits . the roads are busy and lots of m,homes and caravans moving around .
never know the highway men might be busy stopping travelers at the border and taking their cash and taking the women off for a quick one .
gotta keep cornish tradition working. hee hee
nice enough weather as well . bit of a cloudy day but still warmish .
bring on global warming and let us have a nice long summer.
Alan, you really should stop drinking that Cornish Moonshine shit

vwalan

roads even busier today . i can just venture a little way and overlook the main a30 ,its quite busy.
lets hope lots of holiday makers come and spend their money down here .
nice and sunny , not as warm as i really want but a nice pleasant day so far.
i dont drink hardly anything from down here i drink conde noble wine and argus bier.
havnt you stocked up over the last few years ?
mind only drink a wine glass full of wine and a small can of beer with a splash of espiritosa added .
lots of beaches to visit and see how its going on. might have a nice long m,bike ride this afternoon.
mind riding around the country lanes is like riding in a rainbow at the moment .
red yellow pink white purple blue and the green ,the hedge rows are so colourful.
just ride slowly and take it all in , uk really is very nice if you get off the main roads and drive slow.
i,m sure uk is one of the most colourful places in europe .
the gorse on the moors is so yellow the past few years as they seem to have stopped burning it off like they used to. mind that means its harder to feed the sheep etc , they used to beable to eat the new shoots etc .
enjoy your day its lovely here.

Easyliving

We have been for a lovely walk in Thetford Forest this morning, very green and beautiful.

I wonder where all the caravans and motorhomes are going. Here in Norfolk all the sites are closed.

Paul

Easyliving

They don’t have to be going to campsites, they are free to travel without restriction in England, so they can go out, park up, have a picnic, go for a walk and then go home again.

Yes, okay. Just about possible that motorhome owners might drive out for a picnic or whatever, but who is going to faff about with hitching up a caravan?

BigMomma

Yes, okay. Just about possible that motorhome owners might drive out for a picnic or whatever, but who is going to faff about with hitching up a caravan?
That was my original thought, but I guess it depends on a number of factors, the size of the caravan, the competency of the owner in hitching up the van, how desperate they are to get out :wasntme:

BigMomma

Interesting to just sit and watch what is happening in some of the places in Europe that started their easing of lockdown, France and Germany have both seen increases in their infection rates over the last four days, although I know their infection rates are very much lower than those in UK, but let’s just see what happens over the next couple of weeks here as the incubation period for the virus is 14 days, so could be the end of the month before we see any significant changes :rolleyes: I think that I would be quite happy to go out to somewhere quiet, away from other folks but certainly not beaches or popular countryside locations but for now, happy to sit tight, give the van a good wash and wax and just wait. The Government are eager to get the economy going again, especially as Europe has already kick-started theirs, and they don’t want to get left behind, especially with 31st December getting closer and closer. Just put my new non-EU stickers on my registration plates

Just because Mr Bungle has opened the gates it doesn't mean you have to go through them, since when did he say anything that was worth listening to.

Adverts