are we all smiling and happy?

vwalan

as the thread says are we happy?
had a bit of rain to water the garden past 2 days . nothing much here .
hope your all looking forwards to traveling soon.
does look like it might be different where ever you end up traveling to though.
been cracking down here though nice sunny untill yesterday and the trees ,flowers are in lovely bloom.
seems the country road hedges change almost daily.
sun is shining at moment so will have to go and enjoy the warmth. have fun .

sundowners

Of course we are happy------- we are isolated in the hills in Portugal!!!!!!!
Nice drop of rain to help the weeds along!!!!! But nice temperature ☺☺

Easyliving

Yes, I am happy enough, Mrs wants to move on though. We have been on this site for over 6 weeks now, time flies.

Paul

chrisjones18

Happy. Yes.
We are both fine and my cousin who had covid 19 is out of hospital in Burton on Trent, he is also ok.
Still stuck on a family members drive though and the brake discs are looking rusty.
Oh yeh its raining again

Happy as a sandboy, whatever that means, still in Spain, locked in, only three vans but the boss of this place said they will open the gates to others on 10th May. Peace shattered, never mind, might see some new people.

Willum

Happy as Larry! First time out yesterday, 35 mile trip to go and get my Old Pharts medical - and passed it. Sun and rain here, so the grass has just taken off in the last few days. It was getting as brown as a nut because of the lack of water. Sad thing is our wild plum looks to have dropped nearly all its fruit because of the dry ground.
Will
ps Pleased your cousin is out of the woods, Chris. As Ramblin' Rose said, it must be pretty scary - and the discs will soon shine up again.... :thumb:

chrisjones18

I am always skint but, being an old timer, I get a nice increase in state pension from 11th April plus there are 2 pension days next month.

Paul
Are we getting enough for a extra bottle of wine>:)

coolasluck

As Eric says the upside is going to be 2 cheap months so can't grumble about that. Been stuck on a lovely c.l these last week's ,owners are lovely and let us stay. Exercise has consisted of a run at least every other day but we have been very lucky with the weather. Have made improvement s to the bus and painted some panels and had the windows out resealing and getting rid of rust. As is now before rubbing down and polishing it looks good and I am happy with a job well done. Just need some more paint now Stay safe all

vwalan

Are we getting enough for a extra bottle of wine>:)
bottle of wine?
best just drink the conde noble from the litre cartons from spain.
cant say as cost wise the latest few weeks have been much different to normal.
nice ride to the shops and come back a different way passes the time.
primroses are disappearing but lue bells are out and look lovely.
the trees are just about all green and nature is in full force for it all to look nice.

BigMomma

If your taste in wine is like mine - cheap and nasty then the 3.9% increase might be enough.....
Well you are much better off than me, my two work related pensions only got a 1.7% increase this year, but anything is better than nowt ;) As for the wine, just getting through the last bottle of cheap, but very nice, wine we brought back from Spain:thumb: May be able to afford to go to £3 a bottle now we are saving on the fuel budget:clap:

Easyliving

Well you are much better off than me, my two work related pensions only got a 1.7% increase this year, but anything is better than nowt ;) As for the wine, just getting through the last bottle of cheap, but very nice, wine we brought back from Spain:thumb: May be able to afford to go to £3 a bottle now we are saving on the fuel budget:clap:
Like I said, I am an old timer and have been getting my state pension for a couple of years.

They pay the pension every 4 weeks and this month I get mine today and at the end of May.

Last time I bought red wine (in France) I paid €8.25 for a 5 litre box!

Paul

sundowners

Last time I bought red wine (in France) I paid €8.25 for a 5 litre box!

Paul

I think we paid €6 for the box I am on at the moment (5L) but to honest it is only one step more palatable than the many gallons that we have produced on our land!!!-------and I am thinking of upping my game and paying €7 a box------ or alternatively buy lemonade as well and add a drop to the wine to make it drinkable!!!!!!

The Conde Noble that Alan raves on about is much the same in red but is ok in white!!!!!
We are desperate for the lock-down to end as "plate of the day" meals are always accompanied by good red wine!!!!!!!!----- and so cheap

Willum

If your taste in wine is like mine - cheap and nasty then the 3.9% increase might be enough.....
Jeez! Lucky you. Like Big Momma, mine are 1.7% - BEFORE tax............
Will
ps my usual Portuguese choice comes in at about 6.50 Euros per 5 litre box (can't find the Euro sign key on my Mac :( - and that's before the wine has been opened)

Last edited:

vwalan

I think we paid €6 for the box I am on at the moment (5L) but to honest it is only one step more palatable than the many gallons that we have produced on our land!!!-------and I am thinking of upping my game and paying €7 a box------ or alternatively buy lemonade as well and add a drop to the wine to make it drinkable!!!!!!

The Conde Noble that Alan raves on about is much the same in red but is ok in white!!!!!
We are desperate for the lock-down to end as "plate of the day" meals are always accompanied by good red wine!!!!!!!!----- and so cheap
yes i learnt many years ago that in spain sangria is the way to drink the cheap wine.
lemonade or cola or orange fanta style .
i used to like the french wines but these days i miss france out and just sail to spain.
mind might get back to doing 5 or 10 day breaks in brittany.
they may after we have left the eu get back to cheap breaks to roscoff like they used to do.
we used to do a five day one leave late wednesday night wake up in roscoff port thursday morning then catch a monday night ferry back. arrive about 7 in the morning on tuesday back in plymouth . made a nice long weekend get away in spring and autumns. was cheap as well.

Easyliving

€7 a box! You must be rich!

Paul

Adverts