another lovely uk winter wonderland

vwalan

so how many of us are spending winter in this lovely wonderland this year?
cornwall is getting quieter now and there are loads of places to get a free night stop.
did get uite busy in october and the first week of november but it seems quieter now.
still a few motorhomers in the campsites though ,passed a few yesterday while having a ride around when the sun was out.
very cloudy today and rain every half hour . but not too cold about 13deg.
but tell us where you are this winter or if your off traveling abroad etc . have a good one.

Willum

so how many of us are spending winter in this lovely wonderland this year?
cornwall is getting quieter now and there are loads of places to get a free night stop.
did get uite busy in october and the first week of november but it seems quieter now.
still a few motorhomers in the campsites though ,passed a few yesterday while having a ride around when the sun was out.
very cloudy today and rain every half hour . but not too cold about 13deg.
but tell us where you are this winter or if your off traveling abroad etc . have a good one.
You just caught me. Alan.

All jabbed up, ferry tomorrow night and all points south for a while. Hopefully, by the time we get back, it might have warmed up a bit. The weather hasn't been particularly cold, just a couple of frosts but it's damp and dull up this end of the country.
A bit fed up with the Christmas nonsense starting at the end of September, so we're going to have it in the sun. :thumb:
May well take a close look at Maroc for a while to spread the Shengen nonsense we have to suffer these days.

vwalan

well hope you have a good time and not caught in any lock downs etc.
nice here at moment shall be m,bike out today for awhile.
do more on my mbike than in the truck these days.
does 25miles to the ltr so not too expensive to run.
mind wears tyres out every year now.
might get rid of the fifth wheeler and buy a small camper van. dont really require the space in the trailer etc these days.
but have a good time and have a great adventure.
soon be easter.hee hee.

Willum

but have a good time and have a great adventure.
soon be easter.hee hee.
Thanks, Al, I'll try my best. Easter can take its own sweet time getting here, we want to make the most of it. ;)

You go steady on that old bike, now!!

vwalan

well i had a nice 30mile ride out. weather great today .nice and sunny bit of warmth in the sun but cool in the shady bits. but its nice to have a ride out when the weather looks ok.
still a few m,homers around , beaches quiet though.
newquay almost like there is no holiday makers around.
bet it will get busier soon though as xmas comes along.
but 11.3 c today ,only got to 11yesterday . that newquay weather station temps.
nothing wrong with easter think of all the chocolate you will be having.

chrisjones18

No more bikes for me.....for the time being anyway
Going on tunnel 29th dec if all goes to plan..straight through France (just stopping in middle to see mate)then to northern spain...
Feb time down south then who knows...
Is Maroc still shut?

BigMomma

The passenger ferry route to Morocco from Southern Spain is still not operating, but you can get there from France or Italy, many already across there now :thumb:

vwalan

think it might be ferries going across now.
mind with this fuss about southern africa do you chance it?
i,m not even happy about going across to eu at all , get in a lockdown and it can be a bit not so good.
never mind been raining here this morning but looking like it might clear abit. already starting to dry on the road.

vwalan

there was something i think on fun about ferry starting soon.
carlos was taking bookings i believe.

BigMomma

I have been watching a number of Forums, even Carlos doesn’t know, each week he says ‘Maybe next week’ :giggle: Certainly need to think about travelling to Morocco in light of this current variant, but some may be happy to remain there if borders close again:happy: The way it’s going across the Channel, may not be able to get to France:eek:

vwalan

france?too cold in france this time of year.
floods, wind etc thats why i started going straight to santander. used to call in to friends on the way down through france but havnt seen some for years.
mind france was good for chestnuts this time of year . used to be loads by the wayside on the way down .
mind top of spain isnt too good at this time of year.
the world is a funny place at times.
even north morocco used to get very flooded in november . dont quite see it these days specially since they built the new motorways in the late 90.s.
mind it was all good adventures in them days.

Adverts