Algarve wifi access

fanofatan

travelling to the Algarve for Sept & Oct...whats the best and cheapest option WiFi for data only (UK Vodafone user)
internet access reqd for google maps, Park4Night, Waze, BBC Sport etc etc

vwalan

only ever use free wifi home or abroad.
i,m sure you will pick some up.
mind i do use an alfa antenna .
small one about the size of a fag packet.

chrisjones18

We have 20 GB a month on uk Vodafone, it's not let us down anywhere.
We dont use it for films though.
If a cheaper option comes up I will do it. Should be in the Algarve early next year.plan to be leaving UK between xmas and new year

BigMomma

According to the main suppliers, nothing will change immediately after Brexit as most are already linked to EU communication companies. BUT !! perhaps that is just a statement to prevent an initial loss of customers. Like everything going on with this fiasco, just a waiting game, it will all get sorted in the end :rolleyes::lipssealed: And if it doesn't, well ? How did we manage before ?We can still find WiFi even if it means having to purchase a coffee, a beer, a burger. OR learn to live without it

Last edited:

vwalan

might also go back to the good old days when there wasnt internet etc .
not so many traveling about and having fun.
get rid of sad navs as well and all the other modern junk.
good old compass and a map ideal.

coolasluck

20 quid can buy you unlimited everything on the three network.My mate has it in vodaphone too and I'd unlimited in Europe too.With 5g coming in data can only get better else there is no point in 5 g.Three though is still limited to 19g in Europe. Brits get a good deal with phone bundles.

Dunroamin

Phone company = Greedy barstewards.You are kidding yourself if you think that they will not use the opportunity
to shaft you and EU users with no roaming deal in UK. Its all about the money !!!!!! EU people in UK will pay and you will too in EU.Buy a local sim.

fanofatan

thanks for the replies, I was torn between Vodafone 20GB deal or getting a local sim...I'll update my Vodafone before leaving the UK
thanks for the replies

sundowners

If you are not using wifi all the time remember that virtually every cafe has free internet.----- we do use a local SIM. We get 30g for €15 for two weeks----- if we use more it just runs out sooner

Adverts