Aires in Spain

Rob Hall

AL, you are probably the one to kick this off, we are off to Spain in mid January, where are the best places to stop? Do they have French/German style Aires/Stellplatz?
Is the Portsmouth-Santander the best route?
Where are the best wilding spots...if any?
Can you wild near the beach?

vwalan

i use that ferry as its quick and cheaper than driving for me at 16-17mpg .
cant help with airres ,there are some but we just park . where we think ok .
january can be snowy i would just head for madrid but by pass it and head south as fast as i could at that time of year . or drive to burgos soria and down to valencia like we are doing but madrid albacete alicante or murcia is ok .
inland spain park anywhere .by the coast it gets more awkward if you get it wrong . get out earlier .mazzaron xmas .do it . as to the beaches we wild on beaches very often but not the tourist ones but some you can . we hit the med turn right and veretually follow the sea round to santander . going inland for trips . but inland can be cold its very high .madrid is the highest capital in europe . well almost .

Rob Hall

Thanks AL, I take it you are off for winter?

vwalan

ferry thursday. last day tomorrow for awhile . off to the canyon this weekend . arrive sat morn . pick up my lad at airport then canyon los lobos here we come . then slowly across to valencia ,i think . the plan is ?
there is no plan .we just drift.

BigMomma

AL, you are probably the one to kick this off, we are off to Spain in mid January, where are the best places to stop? Do they have French/German style Aires/Stellplatz?
Is the Portsmouth-Santander the best route?
Where are the best wilding spots...if any?
Can you wild near the beach?
www.Vicarious.co.uk do a publication 'All the Aires Spain & Portugal' which also lists LPG locations.

Rob Hall

ferry thursday. last day tomorrow for awhile . off to the canyon this weekend . arrive sat morn . pick up my lad at airport then canyon los lobos here we come . then slowly across to valencia ,i think . the plan is ?
there is no plan .we just drift.
Niiiice

vwalan

save your money the aires guides are much cheaper abroad .loads on the internet . for info . but really unless right by the tourist places just use your loaf . you know where its good or bad .

vwalan

there are more lpg going in every week . its all out of date . again use the web . not worth buying old info .

Rob Hall

Thanks for your help and advice, off to bed, up early in the morning. Night y'all;)

BigMomma

Night matey, keep warm ;)

Whatever!

In Mojacar at moment, good site here, rain today, yesterday was sunny with 32c. Going to El Puerto De Santa Maria next week to look at a site. We are not motorhoming yet, buying in UK next spring then travelling, taking time to investigate sites while we are still here.:cool: ps lots of 'wild ones' parked along the playa.

vwalan

yes mojacar is nice .in winter they normally move them on . we used to park to the right of the sea front in that carpark .or over the hill on the tower beach .but thars all gone now . good vet in mojacar if needed . get water on the sea front showers its usually ok.
lots of wild ones every where . think the last time i used a site in spain was morriera in 2000,had the tear behind the vw three of us was 14quid a night .no thanks . dont need it . only went so we could use the washer . never again .

sundowners

hi
You could do a lot worse than put this on your favourites-----not only aires but also just places to stop---it is French but you can understand enough (without speaking French) to find it really usefull-----AND FREE-----you can buy it on stick/cd----so you don't have to have wi-fi to use it on the road. Or download it for about €8----we put it on a USB stick
www.campingcar-infos.com

coolasluck

hey AL have a safe trip mate as i may not be online after today,all the best and i will wait for your postcards with relish:p

vwalan

hi. heres another site full of info.http://www.motorhome365.com/forum/threads/aires-in-spain.1074/#post-27256
again takes a bit of mastering . i look cant say i have used any of them really just find nice places .
well its raining here .fridge back on .bught as new one 240 compressor hope it will last as long as the other . 29yrs . ha ha .almost loaded . will be on tonight possibly tomorrow . shall have to see . cause i can use my dongle here before i cancel it . free wifi from then . possibly wont use it much .i forgot how the antenna works hee hee .
must go got all the young and old dears poping in to say cheerio . my son is laughing his head off think the whole street as been in this week . they are disapointed bob hasnt turned up . they all remember us building his truck .and love the colour .

Dunroamin

Hi Alan ,
Hope you have a nice smooth ride over the Bay and til we meet up good luck.
Mick & Heike
PS here is a pdf of places in Spain I know you dont need them but others can look.

vwalan

cheers see you in the new year. have a good xmas .

Adverts