2020 Insurance

Easyliving

I have just renewed my full-time insurance for the van with Comfort.

Gone up £100 to about £960, still less than some pay.

I thought maybe prospective full-timers might find this info useful.

Paul

chrisjones18

Mines up in a month or so,
So it looks like an increase is coming my way then as we are also with comfort.

Easyliving

Appatently Aviva have increased their prices and Comfort, as the broker, are passing on the increase to customers.

Paul

Justmeandher

We are with Comfort and ours is due mid-August. Comfort/Aviva are great as long as you don't make a claim. We had an incident last year on a bend in Scotland when our wing mirror was hit by the wing mirror of a LHD MH from Europe. He had broken glass, ours exploded and caused shrapnel damage down the o/s paintwork. Total cost just over £3k, settled on a 50/50 basis. Then in April this year in lockdown on a pub car park, our awning was vandalised. Total cost to replace, £1200. Renewal premium has gone up by 85% to £2100. Looks like Comfort/Aviva have a monopoly on f/t insurance too.

Easyliving

We are lucky in that we have never had to make a claim.

We had wing mirror damage in France last year, luckily our dealer fitted a pair of mirror guards for about £80, covered up the large hole in the mirror casing.

Paul

Justmeandher

Yes, we did something similar. When the repairs were being done I had "mirror armour" guards fitted. They are constructed like crash helmets, so fingers crossed.

Adverts