2 Year Plan

Mike7692

Hi there,

Sue & I (Mike) have just put the deposit down on our first MH!! A Bailey Approach 745 SE. We collect it on 25th May....can't wait!!!! :rofl:

We have a two year plan to get used to how everything works and find our way around the good sites. In two years time we shall find ourselves child free as they're coming up to the age of university/work etc....then it's time to set off 'Full-timing'!!!

I'm sure we will have a lot of questions to ask to help us out with problems, dilemmas and help to stay legal, but i'm hoping we will meet up with some of you at times around the country/world wherever we find ourselves. Most of all though we're looking forward to the adventure of it all and having a great time!!

All the best to everyone and thanks for setting up what looks like a great site for the Full-timing ideal!!

Mike

Silver Drifter

Welcome Mike (and you Sue!) As you will find out, there is a wealth of information available on here. Good luck!!

vwalan

welcome .ask away .you will get loads of thoughts and lots to think over . have fun thats the main thing.

BigMomma

Wekcome to the forum Mike & Sue :thumb: I can understand your 2 year plan with the kids etc,. however, dependent on how often you use your 'new baby' it won't take you 2 years to master it all. You have joined the forum at a time when a lot of the members are either just taking their first steps into this brave new free world, or those of us that like you are on the countdown to the big day. Some members are new to the Motorhoming lifestyle and other's are seasoned short term travellers (holidays inbetween work commitments). So basically, look through some of the posts as I am sure you will find some of your questions already answered, but do not be afraid to ask again if you need to :thumb: There is a great wealth of experience so do not be surprised at receiving varying responses, opinions and guidance to any questions that you may ask :D

Wandering Star

Well done and hope all goes well with the pickup on the 25th! :) I agree with BM, 2 years?? Nah..You'll have the basics in 2 days and be looking at ways of 'modifying' in a month or so:eek:

aikidoamigo

Welcome to the forum (mad house);)

If you send me your email via private message you can join our 'mapping club' that way you can share your location and see that of others invited in from this forum.:thumb: It is totally secure and private via google and a good way to try to hook up with others as they travel about.

Mike7692

Hi thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

First question is regarding the tv and freesat??? We are having a 'Road Pro' dome fitted and after a chat with the guy today on the phone it seems we are having a Freesat connection - to be connected directly to a tv with Freesat built in rather than a box??:confused: I can't seem to find one or is it just a freeview tv?

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Mike

Mike7692

Welcome to the forum (mad house);)

If you send me your email via private message you can join our 'mapping club' that way you can share your location and see that of others invited in from this forum.:thumb: It is totally secure and private via google and a good way to try to hook up with others as they travel about.
How do i send a PM please??

vwalan

works here but if you want good tv in the south spain or maroc think 600mm to 1,6 mtr dish .
the domes are useless down there .
best just watch local tv and try to learn the language . some films etc can be got on the language default if it was sent out in english signal . be surprised how many there is .

BigMomma

Hi thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!

First question is regarding the tv and freesat??? We are having a 'Road Pro' dome fitted and after a chat with the guy today on the phone it seems we are having a Freesat connection - to be connected directly to a tv with Freesat built in rather than a box??:confused: I can't seem to find one or is it just a freeview tv?

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Mike
Can you confirm whether it is 'freesat' or ' free to air' (FTA). I have a Camos dome with a FTA digital receiver, also for UK have Freeview box connected via the status tv Aries, comes in handy sometimes !

voyagerstan

domes crap in southern spain the dish inside is about 12inch that says it all . if the domes were any good the trucks would use them but they all use dishes . just a sugestion we watch tv on laptop while in maroc all uk chanels on filmon.com stan;)

coolasluck

why bother with the telly anyway?
At home me and the wife watch everything on our computer via the internet,which in my opinion, is what needs to be mastered when abroad.Canceled subscription telly ages ago.If you can use the internet and get a good speed i would go for some kind of broadband option.

BigMomma

I agree about the domes anywhere South of Madrid, but with the FTA Box you can pick up lots of other satelites, although foreign most do have some English channels. But I do agree with Coola in why do you need a TV, other things you could be doing like learning the Lingo of the Country or of any other countries you may want to visit, better use of the time I would say :thumb:

Steve & Lys

Hi , we are also picking up our MH on the 25th, fingers crossed for the four of us that the sun shines and wr remember what button does what on the control panel !!!!
We are looking to do a few long weekends getting used to our new home, then off chasing the sun from Jan 2014 , we are based in Hertfordshire, where are you based ?? it would be great to meet up ?
Steve&Lys

vwalan

better to leave earlier than january . its bluming cold and very wet asnd windy in france nov /dec . far better to leave earlier. by xmas you want to be very south . even lots of spain will already be under metres of snow.

Steve & Lys

We would love to Alan , but I HAVE to work til Dec :0( and we don't rent out the house till Jan 2014 so its the end of Jan and we will just have to see how good the heating is in the RV ???
Steve&Lys

vwalan

just thought i had better mention it . lots get caught out . you possibly read john and joans experdition two winters ago . freezing all the way.
i leave early nov but these days i catch the ferry to spain . only takes 24hrs . i find france too bad for travelling through . have had trees down and rivers burst their bamks on the way through . decided far better to miss that part of the trip and get south quicker . but at least you can expect it now wont be a shock if it happens .

BigMomma

We would love to Alan , but I HAVE to work til Dec :0( and we don't rent out the house till Jan 2014 so its the end of Jan and we will just have to see how good the heating is in the RV ???
Steve&Lys
Sometimes patience is a virtue, your day will come around soon enough and then you will have all the time that you need to enjoy the freedom of the open road at your leisure !

BigMomma

just thought i had better mention it . lots get caught out . you possibly read john and joans experdition two winters ago . freezing all the way.
i leave early nov but these days i catch the ferry to spain . only takes 24hrs . i find france too bad for travelling through . have had trees down and rivers burst their bamks on the way through . decided far better to miss that part of the trip and get south quicker . but at least you can expect it now wont be a shock if it happens .
That is the thing though, at some stage you had to wait until circumstances were right and now you are in the position that some of us aspire to reach. But wait we will, and if the circumstances don' tie in with the right season we have another decision to make, go or delay. However, the rest of Northern Europe cannot be any worse than it would be if you stayed put in this country ? As you say though, it has to be considered so that you can be prepared.

Steve & Lys

Way ahead of you :O), its Santander for us , Lyssa has already got the sea sick tablets !! (24 hrs on a boat is not her idea of fun !! )
Northern Spain in Jan is going to be heaps better than the very depressing Jan weather we seem to be getting over here. If Northern Spain / Portugal is too cold then we will turn left and head down hill till we hit the warmer climes :O)

Adverts