Winter sun?

vwalan

in spain they use a j instead of the x.
thats on a poster i have here from the theatre at oropesadel mar play house the other winter.
maggy tango gypsey and another lady got it for me from the tourist board place . makes a nice spanish feel in the trailer. they knew i have a few of the books and have followed some routes .
mind have you read any of bernard cornwells sharpes books . its amazing just doing some of the places troops marched to years ago.
you know me it seemed like a good game .
lots do the santiago de routes but i like to do something different . .
there is another set of books as well that are about the fighting in spain . i read one years ago and thought how did the troops or horsemen do that journey. a few years later made some notes and tried to sort of follow it just by road. all good fun .
you have mapamax book have a look and pick a route off m,ways etc , try and visit as many villages as you can . change the route as and when . your in spain you are staying in spain . next week you will be in spain .
where will you be in 2 weeks ?
dont tell me , spain .
you wont be lost as you will be in spain.

vwalan

actually just remembered it was ,,,for whom the bell tolls ,,,by ernest hemingway that was the book i was reading and then thought of the troops in the spanish civil war traipsing around on foot .
do have sharpes rifles , sharpes gold and sharpes sword here . the books not the items .
in my collection of readers digest books .
getting quite intellectual these days .
might pass my 11plus soon.

chrisjones18

So we are nearly at the end of just about 3 months in the Southern Hemisphere and we hear it's snowing again in the uk....
How about some sun for Easter so we won't feel the cold......
Looking forward to our own motorhome instead of these hired things....

snail

Yes Chris we had about 2.5 inches fall Saturday night, but sun out today and back to 10c by weekend with unfortunately rain!
Still clocks change next Saturday night yippee!

vwalan

and we had snow here just a quick one on Saturday . .quite alot yesterday , though it almost disappeared by tea time . but another overnight covering so this morning its white .
never mind all the joy of life.

chrisjones18

and we had snow here just a quick one on Saturday . .quite alot yesterday , though it almost disappeared by tea time . but another overnight covering so this morning its white .
never mind all the joy of life.
We have rain this morning.....absolutely pouring down
Just like home.....uk

vwalan

today its sunny . the snow as just about gone mind it was going late yesterday. feels kind of warm outside compared to last few days .
odd bit of cloud blowing about but fingers crossed it might be a good one .

vwalan

sunny again down here and was 8.1 in the night .
about 11c in the shade or the wind but in a sunshiny area and sheltered its lovely and warm. still with a jumper on mind .
but the primroses are really coming out now . the cold held them back but the hedges around here are turning yellow .
also flocks of birds are coming from somewhere . i imagine making their way back home after wintering in the south.

vwalan

rain today. mind it might get sunny again fingers crossed .
i blame gary next door he as just got back from spain . i think he packed some rain in a box . he denies it of course.

Silver Drifter

Wot strange weather! Yea, we have winter sunshine down in Cañada, but we've also got gale force winds! Sand/grit/dust everywhere - even on towels, in eyes, on every surface - not be sorry when they blow through....no need to go to maroc....

Dunroamin

J Set off from Ricote to meet Alan on North coast,West round Madrid and now in the woods near Villa******** another 200 ks of bloody cold weather.Found lovely parkups not on the net and managed to find lots of fuel for the fire.

Fiskar

Are folks finding this winter in Spain colder and wetter than normal? Not too many reports of Sun, Sea and Sangria on the forum.

Dunroamin

It wasnt the weather that drove us away from Ricote but the hordes of mohos fleeing from farther South including an awfull lot of not particularly nice Cloggies who would park right in front of you if they could squeeze in and steal your view and sunshine.We are meeting up with Alan and Bob then back to Germany for a quick visit to Heikes mum .Then on to Greece where it seems there is no problem with overcrowding.

coolasluck

It's a good plan Mick.Sounds like you have it sussed. We are at Deltebra still as you know and whilst here have met up with some friends of ours who have wintered over in Greece.They have loved it and like you say no hordes to contend with.

We have also met another couple here who we met last year.A couple in their 80s who have been like parents to us!!
They have been surprising us with meals and the best bread and butter pudding I have ever had. It's great the people you meet on the road.It may have been cold over here but this year it's the people we have spent time with on the road that has made it such a great trip.

Dunroamin

Plan change,we are meeting up with Alan and then to North,middle Portugal fishing.When the mossies arrive up to Galicia till August then to Heikes mum, on to Willies Globetrotter meet (1,000) trucks after which we head on to Greece,Turkey and points East or Syria.

Silver Drifter

Are folks finding this winter in Spain colder and wetter than normal? Not too many reports of Sun, Sea and Sangria on the forum.
Hi Fiskar.....I've been in Spain all winter and although it's been decidedly chilly at times, I think it's been more cheerful than previous years....ie, cold but mainly sunny. I'm nr Mazarrón which is in a low rain area, so can't answer for anywhere else!

Fiskar

Good to hear it is sunny, should be getting warm there soon. Not like here where Easter snow is expected! Winter just does not want to go away.

BigMomma

We keep an eye on the temperatures down in Southern Spain, I don't know why we torture ourselves this way :( Where we have our Apartment the temperatures are varying between 17(c) and 23(c) :cool: We have been back in the U.K. For nearly five weeks now and it is still bloody freezing, the temperature may say 8(c) but the wind chill factor takes that down to just 3(c) :shake: Roll on October when we can get back to some warmth :thumb:

chrisjones18

So we are back in the uk from the sunny southern hemisphere in up to 42c... checking our motorhome over to go away next week we find a split water filter (plastic) and a blown apart sink mixer tap (metal) .hell it must have been cold as these were inside .it split the cartridge and the spout of the tap... boiler ok though as I had the drain open... I hate lying with my head under worktops

Adverts