Winter sun?

Discussion in 'Under the Awning' started by snail, Sep 28, 2016.

1. coolasluck

coolasluck Well-Known Member

Yesterday was really hot but we are the same regarding weather.Will have to check the map to remember where you are.

2. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

there seems to have been a road change name .
    it used to be the n632 km 960 .
    but even on the google map pic i put on if you go on street view its now n634 km 496 , you can see the sign at side of the road.
    mind 2012 last time i was here i think .
    used to use it alot when my lads were younger and we came over for surfing etc .
    plays cueva is the beach.

3. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

bit tight now in our trucks . plus there are no camper signs on the road to the beach but ,years ago in a vw t2 was ideal.
    sometimes i can admit the small vw,s were ideal for these country places .
    mind even then with a hightop had to watch out for overhanging things .

4. snail

snail Well-Known Member

Hi all, we came back home yesterday with P n O ferries for £66, so not too bad, yes we did buy the scooter trailer, and dismantled it in Auchan, Calais an carpark to get it inside the van, did get strange looks at border control when searched!

All in all a successful four month trip, even though the weather was not as reliable as usual, met plenty of old friends and made new ones, van performed faultlessly, so that's about it can't ask for any more really?

Now then which bit of trailer was this? Good job i took some photos !!

Safe travels everyone
    Snails

coolasluck likes this.
  5. chrisjones18

chrisjones18 Well-Known Member

Good luck with your jigsaw puzzle

6. snail

snail Well-Known Member

all done now, bar mounting the spare wheel and wiring! its worth putting Norauto into your records as they are a French chain of motorfacters similar to our Halfords but better,as they actually sell parts as well, and have workshop, they have outlets all through Spain as well

7. snail

snail Well-Known Member

2242017213712.jpg The wiring was easy and better than ours as the seven pin socket is connected with spade terminals, more secure.

chrisjones18 likes this.
  8. wanderlust51

wanderlust51 Active Member

Nice trailer snail,couldn't have made one much cheaper,very good buy,galvanised as well?

9. snail

snail Well-Known Member

IMG_20161007_163445.jpg Yes i thought so, believe it or not i first saw it in Cullera for 459 euro, then when i found that they had a store in Calais that was handy as i could buy on day of ferry back! Was shocked to find it cheaper at 399 euro, France cheaper than Spain? There's a first so i bought the spare wheel and jockey as well! On 10 inch wheels too with proper tyres, not wheelbarrow ones! Thinking now of fitting a walk board each side to make it easier to walk the scooter up, it carries 250 kg and scoot is 170 kg so a bit of leeway
    Snail

AlaskaGuy likes this.
  10. wanderlust51

wanderlust51 Active Member

Good idea about the walk boards,if your like me falling over everything now, 80 litres of water,nice

11. Silver Drifter

Silver Drifter Active Member

Hi peeps
    I thought I'd resurrect an old thread instead of creating a new high carbon footprint one....
    I'm drifting down through France and intend to cross into Spain on either the N125/N230 or on the D929/A138......any thoughts or recommendations?
    Cheers me dears....☺

12. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

both are ok. we used the n125 run just to go through the vielha tunnel . mind have done the bielsa one but its not as long .
    long tunnels are great you have to keep your eyes open for the light at the end . ha ha .
    but nice by the lakes either way then down to lleida .
    my mate pen used to might still may have land below lleida that was one of the reasons for going that way. was inland from albi to the s,east of lleida.
    he lived in a vine grove . and almond field . can be very snowy in winter its high up there.
    but this time of year its ok ,lots parking all over the place.
    have a good one .

Silver Drifter likes this.
  13. Silver Drifter

Cheers, yes, they are long tunnels aren't they...I dont think I'll be playing holding my breath when I drive through either of them......☺

14. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

the vielha one seems never ending .
    mind i also like going via andorra . thats my favourite crossing . not bothered about buying anything but fuel . the scenery is fantastic .
    go though and then turn left head for martinet , nice parking by the river there and water etc . on the right as you get there.
    but you do have to do all the border crossings its fun.
    havnt done all of them myself yet.

15. Silver Drifter

On the way back north in June, I crossed on the NA2011 - Port de Larrau to the D26. Although the climb up from the Spanish side was fine, I made a mental note not to do the reverse route as I spent quite a long time in second gear with cooking brakes going down into France.......Just imagine what the climb up would be like! Fab views though☺

16. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

yes the down hills can warm the brakes .
    i,m lucky have exhaust brake so dont hardly use the brakes . mind i have adjusted the brake light switch so anyone following will see i,m slowing down by only just moving the pedal a fraction.
    exhaust brake comes as standard on the canter. great bit of kit does a good job of slowing the truck and trailer on even the steepest of mountain roads .
    but the scenery on them roads isnt to be missed .
    we do a real good italian job winding road between gallocanta and torre de sal. not by any boarder but a great route , warms the brakes of a few i,m sure .