Will I get bored?

vwalan

booked mine and will be renewing the ferry club in the next few weeks . it doesnt run out till end of august. but it will be renewed. cant let my friends down can i.

fanofatan

do you go Plymouth or Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao - what kind of money do you normally get the ferries for (ball park figure)

vwalan

i try plymouth to santander . on the pont aven ship. on that one you can have a seat instead of a cabin .
in fact we stay in the self service restaurant . or in the seating there .
i am a travel club member so get 30%discount .
i can let friends get 10%or there abouts off the cost of the ferry not seats ,cabins or pets .
mine is 424.60 quid this year.so about 600 depends on your size .mine goes as car and caravan.
but seriously i cant drive through france for 200 quid or get back with the other 200.
plus i would still need a ferry of some sort. dover is almost 350 mls away.
i do sometimes have to use portsmouth but i avoid it when ever . extra fuel and very often a cabin .
plus its a longer crossing
and i hate bilbao. very busy .
santander is real easy now used to be awkward when you landed in the middle of the city coast road but now its so easy.
torrelavega first stop . good parking and lots supermarkets to stock up with and cheap fuel https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ruyco+Petrol+S.L./@43.3435033,-4.0461107,3a,75y,311.08h,79.39t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1st8iqcz3G-Tzf8IxZMsHkng!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=t8iqcz3G-Tzf8
its not far from lidl but open the google and i,m sure you will work it out .
cheapest i know in torrelavega. 61p a litre in april this year.mind that was at 139 euro to the pound .

fanofatan

I'm afraid we've hijacked the OP thread......oops
this is the interesting stuff I was looking for on here
travel club member, 30% discount Mmm sounds good
is that an open return fare or single?

vwalan

booked return . i can give you a code to save 10%.
to join the spanish side of the club its something like 100 quid then 120 per year . plus 65quid for a second card . associate member . purple bob is my associate .
all you can do is have a look on brittany ferries web site . give me a shout /pm.

good job you arent bored hee hee .
if i burp you might just be able to smell the mackerel. hee hee

vwalan

mind i do struggle my mum is from bury area so i,m glad we moved back to cornwall where my dads family were from years ago. its only sport to me .
not even any water can you have sport with out water waves and tides ?
oh and fish to catch if snorkelling .
so have you started filling your van with goodies ready for the off?
soon be time .
is it time to go yet?

EdonTour

I am away, here and there but the big move it in December. Off for a long weekend tomorrow ahead of a month away in August, building up so I can work out what i need, what i don't and wrap up this work curse :)

vwalan

soon comes round .
i,m half about half way really till off .
lots dried and tinned food . brown sauce . lea and perrins .
bacon joints . cook as joints or slice as steaks .
bacon other tins you might like . cheap super market coffee unless you like that thick black stuff they sell abroad. chedder cheese .
i find lots of things can be expensive abroad.
fuel ,beer wine etc are cheap bring them back with you .

EdonTour

All sound advice , please keep it coming. I was checking out the crossing, it is looking about £650 rtn the nice crossing Ply to Bil

Easyliving

I will also be attending events like this one :)

Is anyone else going?
Hmmm, what bands are going to be on? We are not all that far from Gt Yarmouth and I pass Vauxhall Holiday Park on the way to the dealers to get the MH serviced etc.

We were at the Warners's motorhome show at Norfolk Showground last weekend and joined the coach trip to Great Yarmouth. Poor old place doesn't have a lot going for it alas but it was okay for a day trip.

Paul

hpold

Hmmm, what bands are going to be on? We are not all that far from Gt Yarmouth and I pass Vauxhall Holiday Park on the way to the dealers to get the MH serviced etc.

We were at the Warners's motorhome show at Norfolk Showground last weekend and joined the coach trip to Great Yarmouth. Poor old place doesn't have a lot going for it alas but it was okay for a day trip.

Paul
Did you get your chips in the market used to be 70p a bag. The old hall at caister is a good stop to free use of pool sauna gym prob not for you cost £15 with lec and you get £10 to spend at the bar .

EdonTour

Paul
Welcome Party Thurs 9/3/17 Hosted by The Doctor with The Hair Rock Experience, Tragedy, Dr & the Medics. Fri/Sat/Sun :
Massive Wagons, Screaming Eagles, City of Thieves + Massive Screaming Thieves Megajam, Aladdinsane, Sack Sabbath, Springsteen, Who’s Next, Legends of AOR, Secret Police, Gallus Cooper, The Goodges, Guns V Roses, Motorkill, Nirvana UK, Fleetwood Bac, Viva Santana, Live Wire, Stone Free, Four Fighters, Stray, Pearl Handled Revolver, Band of Friends (Rory Gallagher), Bon Giovi, Doors Alive, The Bohemians, Prog Heaven with Fragile & I Know What I Like, Hell Bent for Priest, Sacrilege, Ben Poole, State of Quo, The Peckham Cowboys, Black Country Community, Bravado, Jimi Anderson & the Core, Rainbow in Rock, Rammlied, Cairo Son, Darke Horse, Thin Lizzy Experience, Rock Bottom, StoneWire, Ali Clinton, Metal Fatigue, Mentallica, Bryan Adams Experience, Aynt Skynyrd, Sex Pistols Experience, MCs Andrew O’Neill & Marc Burrows & our favourite DJ Garry Rokjok Lewis.

Easyliving

Thanks @EdonTour , thats quite a lineup, I'll see what SWMBO says about it. @hpold I've wandered through Gt Yarmouth market a few times, never sampled the chips though. I imagine they cost a bit more than 70p a bag these days. I have heard about The Old Hall, Caister before. Sounds like a good deal, we might try it.

Paul

hpold

Thanks @EdonTour , thats quite a lineup, I'll see what SWMBO says about it. @hpold I've wandered through Gt Yarmouth market a few times, never sampled the chips though. I imagine they cost a bit more than 70p a bag these days. I have heard about The Old Hall, Caister before. Sounds like a good deal, we might try it.

Paul
It is good liddle just opposite and bus stop two mins away .

vwalan

Have you booked the ferry yet alan. You also need to renew your ferry club membership.:thumb:;)
hi coola , all paid . a month early . thought better let you know . ha ha .
never know might even have other friends on here .

Adverts