Will I get bored?

I am really looking forward to a Full Time life.

I am looking forward to the complete change of the pace of life. A more basic life, with a focus having time to do things.

What is in the back of my mind, however, is will I get bored? After the initial euphoria of my new freedom, what will I do in a typical day?

I am single and although a sociable animal, I am quite happy having unilateral control of the duvet.

What fills your day?

Ed

vwalan

well do you get bored watching ants make an ant trail. or watching a little worm climb a plant?
do you see lots of really good scenery while your going to work or shopping?
do you get annoyed at having to drive at 30mph on roads?
if life is a race for you then yes you will get bored .
do you like making plans?
do you book ahead to go to places like campsites?
again you might get bored .
if you come to a y junction do you know which one is the right way?
one is left the other is right .
the right can be wrong
and the left can be right.
but have fun smile nod your head and wave at folk .
it annoys many but they are miserable . hee hee

Last edited:

fanofatan

are you sporty, golf, swimming, cycling, flying drones, helicopters, planes (taking pictures using drone) photography, painting, surfing, snowboarding, writing a blog, look for a partner
DIY on your new home, home brew, sleeping, cooking, Drinking
must be one or two things you fancy doing that you've been unable to do till now, the worlds your................

BigMomma

Remember that even in a 'footloose and fancy free' lifestyle you will still have routines, it is just the pace of conducting those routines that may change. There is nothing better than just sitting, 'people watching' or making new friends. Do you speak any other language ? If not, learn one :thumb: you are at a new phase in your life, what couldn't you do in your old life because of other commitments, not enough time, another person or persons to think about ?

Remember that even in a 'footloose and fancy free' lifestyle you will still have routines, it is just the pace of conducting those routines that may change. There is nothing better than just sitting, 'people watching' or making new friends. Do you speak any other language ? If not, learn one :thumb: you are at a new phase in your life, what couldn't you do in your old life because of other commitments, not enough time, another person or persons to think about ?

I think you really understand me. My post is about what YOU (each of you) do not what I will :)

fanofatan

In your post you ask

'what will I do do in a typical day'

there's tons of things to do to keep you busy and from stopping you being bored, get a new partner that'll solve all your worries about being bored, you'll be too busy planning your next move and how you can look after someone else, no time to think of yourself lol

hpold

Make a nice crispy bacon sanny with a mug of builders tea thats a good stat to any day , then take the dog for a walk if you have one or put a dog lead on a stick and talk to it as you go . You wont get bored too old for sport except the bed type , got past the dyi just go foraging for fruit or scrumping to make next years jam .:thumb:

vwalan

no. there doesnt seem to be any good rock n roll bands on the list.
bet there will be loads of heavy rock and hippies there not real rock n rollers . hee hee
plus its bloomin cold in uk in march. who on earth is in uk in march if you have a camper.
are you on drugs?
if so morocco might suit you better. ha ha .
cheers alan .

vwalan

Attachments

coolasluck

If I know Alan it would have been pilchards sandwiches all round and out of date fray bentos pies. I wonder if anyone went home sick that night:D:rofl:

vwalan

still got that drape but over the years its shrank in the wardrobe .
my other drapes my son wears now and again, dont think i can say they are mine now .
sardines coola not pilchards but i have mackerel most night these days . gary nx door drops them in and nigel behind regularly drops some in . seems to be alot around at the moment . lovely.
oh and i bought 4 pies yesterday ready to put in my winter collection . reckon i can have a pie a week now during the winter. mmmmm.

vwalan

my neighbour works on a mussel farm and drop a line out almost every day. brings home bags of fish . think he almost feeds half the street. pollack and other fish as well. but at the moment its just mackerel.
yes boned out lovely . mind sometimes they dont bone out too good but leave them a couple of hours and it almost falls out .
i like them with a drop of argan oil from morocco. gives a nice taste that reminds me of being there . lovely .
but fried in olive oil is nice as well.

coolasluck

I wonder if they're still using that cardboard cake at receptions, looks good though :giggle:

:inlove: you can't beat the old pictures :inlove:

:party::party::party::party:

Lol I agree.
However things never really change down the years.
You can't beat the old pictures back then however if you were to meet Alan you would still feel like beating him at times even today. Things don't change that much.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

vwalan

thats it pick on a disabled old man.
mind i am lucky .
i do have good looks ,charm, and a nice personality and not at all vain. ha ha .
soon be winsumm.
i can feel the warmth already just thinking about it .

coolasluck

Have you booked the ferry yet alan. You also need to renew your ferry club membership.:thumb:;)

Adverts