Wild`ing with child legalities

andrew

So I've had my motor home for 2 years (since my son was 8 months) and only now has my ex said that the health visitor has said I am only allowed access if I am staying a campsite whilst I have him, I am a student and share custody so have him around 2/3 days a week so is not feasible to pay every time I have my son to be on a site.....does any1 know what is official??

vwalan

hi welcome .
sorry cant help on that one . possibly some one will be able to.
i would think a visit to cit advice or even a court office might help.
might be you have to be at a known address etc .
gotta be worth visiting a court office . the staff in them are usually switched on and can tell you who is the best person to speak to. mind it will be unofficial help.

chrisjones18

If you are in the same situation now as when a court gave you joint custody i see no reason to bslive your ex wife.
a health visitor would need to give you a written letter saying why you cannot have your son. Thus giving you a chance to change
they would send someone to visit you (you can have the same health visitor as your ex)
it is the childs saftey they care about , not you or your ex
Different councils have a different take on whats right and I only know first hand what happens in one south wales town.

BigMomma

I would suggest that you get the advice you require straight from the 'horses mouth', rather than third hand from your ex-spouse. If you have legal custody then there should be no problems, as previously stated, the social services are only concerned with the welfare of the child :thumb:

fanofatan

So I've had my motor home for 2 years (since my son was 8 months) and only now has my ex said that the health visitor has said I am only allowed access if I am staying a campsite whilst I have him, I am a student and share custody so have him around 2/3 days a week so is not feasible to pay every time I have my son to be on a site.....does any1 know what is official??
as others have said, seek advice from the health visitors, if you're parked in a lay-by on a main road then I can see there'd be a problem, I dare say a lot comes down to commonsense
If you're parked up somewhere safe and 'child friendly' and can demonstrate you have the facilities to cater for your little one for 2/3 days then I'm sure you'll be OK, remember it's the child's welfare that should be the primary concern IMO

andrew

cheers all for replying. I have just returned from travelling europe and she is saying that the authorities are stating that they would not let me have my son in the motorhome but there is no hard evidence of her claims so i shall be finding out soon what citizens advice have to say on the matter. Has anyone been helped by the legal system with regards to custody or is it best sorting it yourselves?

chrisjones18

advice, just don't answer any questions until you have thought through your reply.
with "citizens advice" you get one visit free then you have to pay for a solicitor so ask as much as you can,
they are solicitors that give free time to help the poor---------so say.
if possible I would try and stay away from the authorities and sort things with your ex once you know where you stand legally.
my grand daughter and her ex both just lost custody of my great grandson in the courts, so be careful of what you say as a magistrate listens through strange ears.. they both now only get supervised visits.
oh ,they had a house by the way so I would say------try to sort it yourselves

BigMomma

cheers all for replying. I have just returned from travelling europe and she is saying that the authorities are stating that they would not let me have my son in the motorhome but there is no hard evidence of her claims so i shall be finding out soon what citizens advice have to say on the matter. Has anyone been helped by the legal system with regards to custody or is it best sorting it yourselves?
The issue here is that unless there are forum members that are Solicitors, Social Workers or been in a similar situation and so got some experience, the rest of us can only give 'an opinion'. Although such opinion may be well intended and based on what we would consider 'Common Sense', unfortunately that is not always the way that 'Authorities' view things. However, from having had experience of dealing with 'Authorities' my advice would be to not provide any more information than they ask for, we are quick to want to give more information so as to be seen to be honest and up front, this however can sometimes not work in your favour. I do not condone telling lies but certainly would suggest only providing the information that is requested ;)

Adverts