Wild camping Suffolk

coolasluck

Get yourself a Kindle, downloads in seconds from website straight to your device !

Hey give him a bit of encouragment wouldnt you he is trying his best:D

vwalan

at least i,m out there . whoooppppeee.

vwalan

but soon i will be .
ask jnj about gas lights we tried to organize a place for them to have some.

The Paddy Wagon

Currently in Aldeburgh suffllkt. Spent last night in tunstall forest which was fine but looking to head further north up Suffolk coast. Any other suggestions please?

vwalan

sorry, cant help you there . havent been up that bit of coast for years then it was race in to butlins and race out . caisters in the 70,s rock n roll weekends .
but you will have to let us know how you get on .
must get up that way , in fact want to do all the way up that coast before i get called upwards .

hpold

Currently in Aldeburgh suffllkt. Spent last night in tunstall forest which was fine but looking to head further north up Suffolk coast. Any other suggestions please?
Hi paddy try Suffolk IP19 9DPwalberswick 1.61737 52.3061 on nav .:thumb: or this one
Hall Road Wenhaston
Suffolk IP19 9HF
Telephone: 01502 478240
this one Good tree sheltered graveled car park with no restrictions 6pm-8am. Restaurant opposite. Meare (lake) across road with tea shop and boats for hire. Interesting "fantasy village".
Adleburgh Road (B1353)
Thorpeness
Suffolk
GPS Co-ordinates: 52.17846483055241 / 1.6145825386047363

Last edited:

vwalan

and the solera . oh the beer .
hopefully other than beer/wine , fuel ,gas i might hardly spend anything else this winter . mind some things are cheaper like morticadela scicilian . might buy some bread if i get fed up of making it . be nice to get the winter spend cut right back. buy here all the things i remember were cheaper . buy there whats cheaper there .
you do need a good payload . half ton of diesel , over half a ton of beer and wine .soon mounts up.

On The edge

and the solera . oh the beer .
hopefully other than beer/wine , fuel ,gas i might hardly spend anything else this winter . mind some things are cheaper like morticadela scicilian . might buy some bread if i get fed up of making it . be nice to get the winter spend cut right back. buy here all the things i remember were cheaper . buy there whats cheaper there .
you do need a good payload . half ton of diesel , over half a ton of beer and wine .soon mounts up.
Only half a ton of beer and wine!!! are you cutting down?:D

vwalan

half a ton of each .

vwalan

in truth i could carry the gvw of many campers in the trailer or on the truck. certainly never get anywhere near the full train weight .usually have a couple of tons spare . after all might buy some more m,bikes or toys when away.
how anyone manages with 3.5 ton is beyond me .
i used to use a vw camper for years
weighed it once was half a ton over before we went abroad.
thats partly why i bought this set up 14 yrs ago.
if and when i get to 70 i think a 3.5 ton pick up pulling something like this will be ideal.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141361607163?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
think this is a lovely unit . might alter it to get the dax inside right at the back.
but a nice cheap fiver i think .

On The edge

in truth i could carry the gvw of many campers in the trailer or on the truck. certainly never get anywhere near the full train weight .usually have a couple of tons spare . after all might buy some more m,bikes or toys when away.
how anyone manages with 3.5 ton is beyond me .
i used to use a vw camper for years
weighed it once was half a ton over before we went abroad.
thats partly why i bought this set up 14 yrs ago.
if and when i get to 70 i think a 3.5 ton pick up pulling something like this will be ideal.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141361607163?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
think this is a lovely unit . might alter it to get the dax inside right at the back.
but a nice cheap fiver i think .
Thats a really nice rig. I'm safe from the HGV license removal for quite a few years yet so my head is firmly in the sand. Somebody was trying to convince me that the regulations for private HGV were going to be tightened along the lines of the CPC... Please don't let the VOSA nazis have any more power!!!:(

vwalan

i,m ok with mine i can lower the gvw to 3,500kg on the truck . then move the axles on the trailer forward to lighten the pin load . then still use the trainweight of 9.8ton .
it can then be driven on a b+e licence.
that one is only light so would make a nice outfit . think i would still use a mitzy or an isuzu to pull it though . shorter overall length than a nissan etc .
still got 11 yrs to go but if mine can keep going i wont change . but i liked that one . not too high either. mines only 3mtr high fits under low bridges etc .

The Paddy Wagon

Thorpeness car park displays No Overnight but we tried it last night and had no problems at all. Parked under trees adjacent to the road and still a peaceful night

The Paddy Wagon

Hi paddy try Suffolk IP19 9DPwalberswick 1.61737 52.3061 on nav .:thumb: or this one
Hall Road Wenhaston
Suffolk IP19 9HF
Telephone: 01502 478240
this one Good tree sheltered graveled car park with no restrictions 6pm-8am. Restaurant opposite. Meare (lake) across road with tea shop and boats for hire. Interesting "fantasy village".
Adleburgh Road (B1353)
Thorpeness
Suffolk
GPS Co-ordinates: 52.17846483055241 / 1.6145825386047363
Thanks for the tips :)

Adverts