Wild camping Suffolk

Mike7692

Hi campers,

We're off for a night to try the wild camping!! Can anybody point me in a direction around Ipswich particularly Woodbridge side that we can get a night off site please?? :cautious:

Cheers

Mike & Sue

vwalan

no . only thing i know is my mate andy used to live there . he was good at sourcing vw parts . well anything really. but no cant help . small world never hear woodbridge mentioned for years .

coolasluck

looks a good location,im always edgy about woodland reasonably large car parks as late at night you get pelmet types loitering around with his labrador.

coolasluck

Our rule of thumb is to try to be a fair distance off a main road and then onto a second minor road,has normally worked for us.

vwalan

thats coming from the person that tries to camp at the race course parks near exeter. poor old kev .

Pollik

looks a good location,im always edgy about woodland reasonably large car parks as late at night you get pelmet types loitering around with his labrador.
It was fine the two nights we were there. At this time of year, you seem to get pedal cyclists trail riding by torchlight. It isn't really that close to any sizeable town.

coolasluck

thats coming from the person that tries to camp at the race course parks near exeter. poor old kev .

:rofl::rofl::rofl:....I know the first wilding experiance i learnt my lesson there,stay away from the large roads,lol still its all part of the learning curve,we never had too many problems since the worst are kids in cars beeping their horns before racing off.I can imagine my dissapointment if we experianced that by just going fulltiming straight away before learning about it all.

Still my upholstery is supposed to have arrived ,they said it would be ready mid this week,come on alan chase them up for me:cool:

vwalan

what regal doing it ?theyt are usually really quick . never had a problem with them .
you not taking the dog out tonight then .

coolasluck

Be careful of those u.f.os out there mike;)

coolasluck

what regal doing it ?theyt are usually really quick . never had a problem with them .
you not taking the dog out tonight then .

No its a local firm thats doing it regal is a long way away so got it done by a local company who stated it should be ready middle of this week.I hope its worth the weight,the guy leaned his trade on savil row so if the upholstery is rubbish then i should at least be able to commision a new suit;)

I aint got a dog alan by the way:rolleyes::cautious:

vwalan

i know but you might go around carrying a dogs lead and look for the dog . wake up coola
dogging.car park exeter race course. bahhh

coolasluck

You have a bit of an obsession there dont you al,but hey ho your private life is your own mate,who am i to tell you what is deviant behaviour:rolleyes:

coolasluck

Phoned again today and they say that my upholstery will be here by monday at the latest,i wish they would bloody hurry up:(

vwalan

i just had some gas mantles from hong kong . 4 days . a book from uk amazon . should be here on the 20th .
rather by world wide sometimes.

vwalan

a book is special . a tablet form isnt the same .
plus kindle are dear for beeks . other e readers get it cheaper.
but books smell have feeling . i picked up 72 readers digest books for 2 quid . 4-5 books condensed into each one . great . and makes a nice library . to sell, swap, lend . but then i dont like gadgets . what are they 200 quid . could live on food for two months on that .hee hee.
actualy it was a new cepsa mapa max map book . dont think a kindle would be ideal for that.

Adverts