wild camping in Ireland

coolasluck

Nice one Rob cheers for that,that looks a good one:thumb:

Wandering Star

Nice work there!
I am seriously thinking about Ireland next year, so that's really handy! :)

BigMomma

sadly it seems it is not possible to load your own POI files in to this device. Sorry

Sadly it seems it is not possible to load your own POI files in to this device. Sorry. I was searching on the net there and even went through a threads on a few sites :(
Had a strong feeling that this would be the case, but my appreciation for you trying :thumb:

Wandering Star

bit lost now, anyways edited the site there a while ago and have the tom tom file done and the google kml file, will be doing garmin and a few others :)
Yeah, sorry! I wrote a large post about something completely different and only after posting realised that it was in this thread! The wrong thread!
Couldn't figure out how to delete the whole thing so just made a teensy whimpering apology-ish!
Many apologies for going off track or causing confusion :oops:

Pollik

Snooper has this strange system of...you can send them a POI file, say ov2, and they will convert it for you. :confused:

For me, that is a big factor against buying one.

BigMomma

Snooper has this strange system of...you can send them a POI file, say ov2, and they will convert it for you. :confused:

For me, that is a big factor against buying one.
But as well as the thousands of ACSI sites already pre-prograamed into the Sat Nav, along with the BORD ATLAS sites, Caravan Club Sites and C&CC sites you can still make your own favourites folder. With a lot of the Blog sites they list the Sat Nav Co-ordinates so just programme that into the Unit, give it a name and then save it on the Unit yourself. The Snooper is also a "Freeview" TV (and digital radio), not something you would use when driving obviously but if in a queue waiting for a ferry it comes in useful for a dashboard mounted TV to while away an hour or so. I know, you could always watch the Satelite TV, best of both worlds I suppose unless of course you don't have a Satelite TV system :thumb: There are Pro's and Con's for everything and I must admit that if you take away some of the Snoopers 'bells and whistles' then there are lots of other very good systems which are much cheaper ;)

Adverts