Wild Camping Cornwall

DonnaG

what your little camper . at the very end of carpark therer is a nice woodland track on the left .leads to looe sewage works . think enormous trucks go there. i know i used to drive them.
best not try and drive around looe town though . out by the dicovery center.
some nice woodland walks around there .and ideal for kayaking .
looe also has a nice fish market .or it did by the harbour . i used to work in a butchers in looe .
if you head to pelynt you pass through barcelona . theres several campsites there .trelawne manor you turn off in barcelona . caradon camping . there as well . both nice sites . know all the campsites really . guess why .ha ha .
we just happen to be at Caradon RIGHT NOW!!! and we did manage to drive through Looe, although the road from there to Caradon is a bit :confused: in places... :rofl: it's not the recommended route but we wanted to go to Looe ;)

BigMomma

They have a CC site near Looe which I believe will take larger vehicles, always fancied it, never did that side of Cornwall. Will just have to look at either using the electric bikes or public transport :thumb:

vwalan

i meant right into looe .you used to be able .went there in a truck years ago . .we use caradon for the mazda bongo bash . nice there .
although the john fowler one is big . it was there that the sewage system went wrong because of chemicals going in the works . spent weeks down there .
ask about barcelona . just by granite henge i think its called .
i used to drive trucks all over that area . and freezer trucks delivering frozen bread etc . and thousands of pasties into grannies pasties in looe . did you come the coast road seaton ,crofthole,whitsand bay etc .lovely . milendreath all lovely places .

DonnaG

They have a CC site near Looe which I believe will take larger vehicles, always fancied it, never did that side of Cornwall. Will just have to look at either using the electric bikes or public transport :thumb:
you can get to Caradon an easier way and the bus to Looe and Polperro stops at the site, every 30 mins summer, every hour winter. It's a nice site too (with a bar and restaurant... hence why I'll be off-line in 20 mins...) :D

DonnaG

i meant right into looe .you used to be able .went there in a truck years ago . .we use caradon for the mazda bongo bash . nice there .
although the john fowler one is big . it was there that the sewage system went wrong because of chemicals going in the works . spent weeks down there .
ask about barcelona . just by granite henge i think its called .
i used to drive trucks all over that area . and freezer trucks delivering frozen bread etc . and thousands of pasties into grannies pasties in looe . did you come the coast road seaton ,crofthole,whitsand bay etc .lovely . milendreath all lovely places .
last week's Mazda Bongo bash?

No, we'd been at Landrake, so A38

vwalan

i didnt go this year . but normally do. i do use sites but dont tell anyone . normally go with my bongo and teardrop.
used to have my roof tent on it .every one knew it then. nice site . very friendly .these were taken there.

Attachments

BigMomma

you can get to Caradon an easier way and the bus to Looe and Polperro stops at the site, every 30 mins summer, every hour winter. It's a nice site too (with a bar and restaurant... hence why I'll be off-line in 20 mins...) :D
Does it have a website address and will it take vans of 8.7 metres :thumb:

vwalan

you can get 40ft trucks there bm . it gets abit tight just past their office .

vwalan

i do if going to a do . get a site full of bongo,s we have a great laugh.

DonnaG

Ta Muchly Madam, enjoy your meal and treat yourself to a bottle or two of vino calapso ;)
Well, we certainly enjoyed our meals, Phil's fish was nearly too big for the plate and very tasty, my steak and ale pie was full of tender pieces of steak and very nice. Good value for money, we felt. A couple sitting near us had baked potatoes, the quantity of prawns on top was also very generous... according to them (regular visitors), the food is always good quality and good portions... so we can definitely recommend it! As far as the route is concerned, we drove out the suggested way this morning and it's a wide enough road for larger vehicles, so no problems there :thumb:

vwalan

so where are you off to next. ?
lovely warm rain in roche at the moment .
i,m telling fibs ....its horrible. fire on lights on .

DonnaG

so where are you off to next. ?
lovely warm rain in roche at the moment .
i,m telling fibs ....its horrible. fire on lights on .
We're at East Crinnis Caravan Park now, near Par. Tomorrow is a CS near Bodmin, then Ruthernbridge after visiting your good self :) And it's raining here too :D

vwalan

think i know where you are not far from market world on a farm site . we used to camp there when showing cars right on crinnis beach at a big custon car show . forget what the big hall was called . mind going blank ha ha . .or carlyon bay if you want to be posh.

DonnaG

think i know where you are not far from market world on a farm site . we used to camp there when showing cars right on crinnis beach at a big custon car show . forget what the big hall was called . mind going blank ha ha . .or carlyon bay if you want to be posh.
that's the one, if you drive past carylon bay site, it's just a bit further on. very quiet.

vwalan

cornwall collasium or something like it was a big night club complex on carlyon bay . was owned by carlyon bay hotel years ago. some confusion going on now about building .havent been there for ages.

Adverts