Which type of m/h is best for full timing

Discussion in 'Fulltimer Chat' started by supermario, Dec 1, 2017.

1. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

he is at la lossa.
    it was cold at the canyon ,
    this year the lagune is a salt flat, no water no birds . so he moved quickly.
    he says its been cold even down there though . tx him . have a good one .

2. coolasluck

coolasluck Well-Known Member

I imagined so. It was bloody freezing on our way down. The jaca route and then east and down to Tarragona. He will be lonely without you this year

3. supermario

supermario New Member

I'm interested as to why you recommend a pre-1998 model?

4. vwalan

vwalan Well-Known Member

outside temp here about 10c but did go to 15.3 while the sun was shining on the temp pick up.
    but has been abit drizzle now and again.
    as to early conversions they did seem to make them abit more sturdy back then and simpler to fix etc.
    rmb or tabbert would be what i would be looking for if i couldnt self build .
    but self build gives you just what you want . no compromise.

sundowners likes this.
  5. coolasluck

coolasluck Well-Known Member

The build quality was not as good after 1998 and you can get rid of a lot of that depreciation.
    I did go into detail but deleted it. We all have reasons for living in what we live in and why we choose them.I did look into hymers for fulltiming in amongst other things and had a 544 for 5 years.Glad I went down the conversion route ,after a year of looking at plastics , it was the best thing I ever did.

Pinball Wizard likes this.
  6. Pinball Wizard

Pinball Wizard New Member

If you are on Facebook there is a group Classic Hymer’s.
    Some of the older Hymer’s are appreciating in value, not depreciating, costing serious money.

7. supermario

supermario New Member

Interesting.

8. Pinball Wizard

0A400DD1-E581-4B1E-95E9-67F8B6D15555.png Depending how original all the fitments are this could be worth more in 5 years than you pay now.

9. Tom2023

Tom2023 Member

I have a 2004 B754 which is 7.5m long with a fixed French bed (corner cut off) at the rear.

There's plenty of room in it for the girlfriend and I and her cat but I don't know if it could take 2 dogs. I suppose it'd depend on how docile the dogs were.

I don't think you can go wrong buying a Hymer. They are well thought out and well made.

10. Pinball Wizard

If you are still thinking about going fulltime, this needs work, but has a onboard generator, and a gas tank for heating etc.
    No need for finding and carrying bottles abroad.
    If I hadn’t a motorhome already, and wanted to go fulltime I would be looking at this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:39 PM