where are you wintering ?

vwalan

are you using a spinner or a fly to catch her. becareful you might be floatnig around .
you could weight about a bit.

Merle

No I won't be kept waiting
My rod is superior .... not a cheap copy from Lidl :rofl:

Merle

A sea horse was a swimming
When there for all to see
A vision of such loveliness
As plain as plain could be
Such beauty and such glamour
It must be DonnaG

vwalan

i had friends that lived on ibiza . they used to either do spain or maroc as its cold on the isles in winter. seems the winds catch it . thats why valencia region can be a good place in winter. plus in spain you can drift around .

vwalan

spain etc is weird . by the med warm inland snow and floods in winter . even south coast -east coast there is a difference . trade winds and water runs south . not down . except for ebro delta . it runs south . not east.
benidorm . alicante . rohquetas floods and around malaga floods and wind there in the south .
mind we may be doing portugal down wards this yar but wont be disappointed if it rains . but will be pleased if it doesnt . we have a plan ...............................
there is no plan.

fanofatan

compared to the UK, were talking shorts & T shirt weather most winter days in Spain, Portugal or Mallorca I'd say

vwalan

only at first . you do climatize .
seems good for awhile . really europe isnt warm enough by along way.
only had 2 winters in uk for the last 20 yrs .

fanofatan

+10 deg C at night, 18 deg C during the day, no snow, constant rain, perma cloud, dark days
erm I know why you stay oot the UK

how safe do you find Morocco and the West side of Africa for travel ?

vwalan

its ok . mauritainia can be hard for visa at times . safety wise its ok really . i just got a bit fed up with the change there . its possibly infront of uk in many ways . it certainly isnt the place it used to be . , southern morocco that used to be western sahara is ok . but they keep changing visa routes etc for going further down . mali etc is very often fighting going on . algeria was ok not that long ago but as it is its all changing . tunisia was ok but not quite warm enough .
shame there is so much hassle as tunisia libya egypt was becoming a normal winter tour for many .
might get back there one year. might be this year if its rainy in portugal . who knows .

Last edited:

vwalan

you will need carnet de passage for some countries . morocco is ok .
and you ge 90 days on entry that enough if you time it right . 6 weeks spain 3 months maroc 6 weeks spain -portugal works out just nice.

fanofatan

just had a quick look at the CPD map, I'll manage without this doc lol

is there a section on the forum like 'show me your ride'
just to get an idea of what people are travelling around in and what set up works best for them
I may find a common link ie Garage area, cooking location that may sway my decision on choice of vehicle to get

vwalan

cpd map. am i missing something or is my brain in dementia mode .

Adverts