Welshpool

Wandering Star

image.jpg The main car park in Welshpool is free for overnight parking for motorhomes.
It's just off the town centre ( high street), has 24 hr lavvies, and is within 5 minutes of the 'best fish and chip bar in Wales' (allegedly).

Wandering Star

Damn fine BM.
Light crispy batter that melts in the mouth, huge portion of rather nice chips, and a very fine white burgundy to wash it all down.
I must stress that the wine was purchased elsewhere :rolleyes:

chrisjones18

Powys Council used to give free parking in all their car parks for motorhomes for one night------looks like they still do, but best to check the signs
the car park in Rhayader [just down wind of Welshpool] is small and on a slope but opposite the turning for it is a cattle market [iron gates] that has free parking and is flat, it is owned by the town---not the council.
the gates get locked most nights though and they have a cattle market there on the odd day in the month.
the chip shop just to the right of the entrance is ok as well,
Powys is one of the best in the uk-------guess where my family are from :)

hpold

Damn fine BM.
Light crispy batter that melts in the mouth, huge portion of rather nice chips, and a very fine white burgundy to wash it all down.
Have put it in on 365 stops thanks any more:)

BigMomma

Damn fine BM.
For a moment there I thought it was a very 'high class' establishment that don't serve vinegar on your chips but White Burgundy :D Talking of light crispy batter, I have often tried the 'Beer Battered Fish' but I cannot taste the beer, is it just me and my taste buds :(

coolasluck

View attachment 1117 The main car park in Welshpool is free for overnight parking for motorhomes.
It's just off the town centre ( high street), has 24 hr lavvies, and is within 5 minutes of the 'best fish and chip bar in Wales' (allegedly).

Utter crap W.S we were in Kidwelly this last week and i kid you not in the high street we found a chippy that served us the best chips we have ever had and also it was ran by chinese .
I was stunned that they are now taking over our chips shops too lol,but the chips were perfect not greasy and no burnt bits or small chips.;)

Wandering Star

Utter crap W.S we were in Kidwelly this last week and i kid you not in the high street we found a chippy that served us the best chips we have ever had and also it was ran by chinese .
I was stunned that they are now taking over our chips shops too lol,but the chips were perfect not greasy and no burnt bits or small chips.;)
Well my piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah! :rofl:
Actually, just remembered and editing, your'e not talking about 'Fred's friary' are you?
Think that's how it's spelled. 'Cos I may have to agree violently with you!

Last edited:

Wandering Star

And off to sample the delights of Scotland's chippies tonight!
And it's blooming hotter here than it was darn sarf!

Maybe I should have gone to France......

.image.jpg
Note blue sky and sun shadow.......

Last edited:

Wandering Star

image.jpg Funny money BM, you'll get used to it.....again!

Wandering Star

And finally, just to highlight the heat of the sun....image.jpg
Just look at the sunshine bouncing off the bog door!

Last edited:

Wandering Star

That had better not be a microwave i see in the background or is it the table?;)
All wrong, it is in fact the continuum transfunctioner.
Never leave home without it!
P@ssing down with rain today and dropped a good 10 degrees :p:cool:

hpold

Where are you ? We are heading to Cumbria tomorrow :thumb: Just to give you enough time to clear the area :D:rofl:
Liked the picture of your ginger cake but looked a bit brown left it abit long in that beercooler microwave?
Was this due to the photo? I still have my ration book from long ago and my mum used to make gingerbread cake you may like to try this one . It was from the war days when we had to save the coupons to get the ingredients .

Half lb of self-raising flower, 6 oz golden syrup , 2 teaspoons ground ginger ,1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda,quater pint tepid water.

1. Place the flour & syrup in a basin.

2. Mix the ginger and bicarbonate of soda with the tepid water,add to the flour and syrup, thenmix together .

3. Turn into a greased tin 11 by 7in then bake in a moderate oven for about 1hour ,or unttill firm to touch.

4. Wrap in greaseproof paper and store in a tin . Do not cut for 2 days.
Hope you enjoy it when you make it .:cool::cool:

BigMomma

Liked the picture of your ginger cake but looked a bit brown left it abit long in that beercooler microwave?
Was this due to the photo? I still have my ration book from long ago and my mum used to make gingerbread cake you may like to try this one . It was from the war days when we had to save the coupons to get the ingredients .

Half lb of self-raising flower, 6 oz golden syrup , 2 teaspoons ground ginger ,1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda,quater pint tepid water.

1. Place the flour & syrup in a basin.

2. Mix the ginger and bicarbonate of soda with the tepid water,add to the flour and syrup, thenmix together .

3. Turn into a greased tin 11 by 7in then bake in a moderate oven for about 1hour ,or unttill firm to touch.

4. Wrap in greaseproof paper and store in a tin . Do not cut for 2 days.
Hope you enjoy it when you make it .:cool::cool:
I will let you ask Sharon whether she left it in the oven too long, I am not that brave, I like to eat her cakes not wear them :eek::D

Adverts