Warning about La Marina, near Guardamar del Segura, Spain

vwalan

may i sugest you try about 10 miles inland in spain . you may like it. specially in winter.

coolasluck

No point with you BM as you like to go on them prison camps:D

vwalan

seriously though you must remember i,m not joking . snow in winter .in summer it can get that hot inland you wont like it either. thats why the spanish have long siesta,s in the afternoon. if you have never been in winter it really does seem that when we talk about standing on the beach and being surrounded by snow its true . i have seen snow on the beach at benidorm several years ago . sitges it can be often.
we see snow on the hills as we dock at santander in nov . and again as we leave end of april the snow is on the hills usually most nights its fresh. it does take some beliving but i,m not joking.
even france in july and august its almost impossible to travel in the afternon . even on a motorbike its like having a hot jet engine blowing on you . my wife got sunstroke as a passenger one year. we landed in roscoff one morning drove to just north of angouleme to a friends .she then was ill for 4 days with sunstroke . i was ok . just burnt eye lids . no sense no feeling . hee hee.
we go to hot springs at santa fe and alhamha de granada sit in hot springs but the ground is covered in snow .sometimes its snowing while we are there . that makes it hard to get back to the coast as its quite a steep road. in winter only the campsites by the med are open even then many are shut. but have fun . i do. i find i couldnt book any sites even if i wanted to as never know where we are going to be . only the ferry to maroc about 10dec to the 17dec there abouts depends on stragglers catching up.

coolasluck

:thumb:..........at least i will then know that i am safe to use campsites,cheers:rofl::rofl:

vwalan

as an update we stopped at la marina for almost a week this year . my lad went to a dentist there and i got water poisoning from the local gaseosa . good job i took it with loads of brandy or i might have been really ill. must have been 30 vans at la marina when we were there .

BigMomma

as an update we stopped at la marina for almost a week this year . my lad went to a dentist there and i got water poisoning from the local gaseosa . good job i took it with loads of brandy or i might have been really ill. must have been 30 vans at la marina when we were there .
Loads of Brandy and you say the water poisoned you :rolleyes:

vwalan

its terrible there should be a warning on those spanish mixers . it as happened at odd times before. normally we add moscatel to the brandy works much better.
only shared a couple of them litre bottles of brandy so it cant have been them . hee hee .

John and Joan

I know what you are saying Alan, it's called 'playing the game'. But, I think that a lot of people today do openly wild camp, when I say openly I mean in remote locations, supermarket car parks or similar, or on the beach etc. They do put out awnings, tables, chairs and BBQ outside their vans. I believe what Donna is saying is that whilst lots of people do it with no problems (or without getting caught), technically, it is illegal to Wildcamp in Spain. Different if you are just parking your van (or give the appearance of just parking your van ;)). Does this letter say anything about sleeping overnight in your van whilst parked up ? Also, in the past it would appear that wildcamping was readily accepted/tolerated so what has changed to make it now unacceptable/intolerable. Is it the huge amount of vans that are now on the road, Spanish Economy e.g. official Camper Stops or Sites losing money through increased wildcamping or is it that some have spoilt it for the rest by abusing the landscape, inappropriate emptying of 'Grey' or 'Black' waste, I don't know just wondering that's all :cautious:
Hi BM here is the English Translation of the relevant sections

INSTRUCTION 08/V-74 FROM THE SPANISH DIRECTOR GENERAL OF TRAFFIC RELATIVE TO MOTORHOMES

MINISTRY OF INTERIOR

Subject: Motorhomes

Instruction 08/V-74

The General Traffic Regulations do not establish any other conditions for stopping or parking a vehicle, so, therefore, this General Directorate of Traffic believes that while any vehicle is parked properly, without exceeding markings on the delimitation of the parking space, nor exceeds the time permitted, if any, it is irrelevant whether the occupants are inside the vehicle, and the motorhome is no exception, being sufficient that the activity in the interior does not transcend to the exterior by the setting up of elements which surpass the perimeter of the vehicle such as stalls, awnings, levelling devices, stabilizing devices, etc.

Other concepts in some way associated with the parking of motorhomes, such as camping and overnight stays are not included in the rule on circulation of motor vehicles and road safety, therefore, this agency cannot pronounce on the definition or on the implications.

Madrid, Jan. 28, 2008

THE DIRECTOR GENERAL

Pere Navarro Olivella

TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL UNITS OF THE AGENCY

I carry a copy in Spanish and Catalan and English.

John

Merle

John, yet another very informative posting from you, thank you. One point I don't know whether you are able to clarify is the referral to leveling devices not exceeding the vehicle, how strictly do you consider that would be enforced? Dave

vwalan

no leveling things at all. no legs to drop down .even steps that touch the floor are out .
it s still the same .we called into see a friend in valencia that does alot of work for the spanish m,home clubs .she says if anyone as trouble she will look into it and get results .but we must abide by the rules correctly.
take pice ,drawings and get in touch with me i will give a contact if needed.

Merle

no leveling things at all. no legs to drop down .even steps that touch the floor are out .
it s still the same .we called into see a friend in valencia that does alot of work for the spanish m,home clubs .she says if anyone as trouble she will look into it and get results .but we must abide by the rules correctly.
take pice ,drawings and get in touch with me i will give a contact if needed.
So the answer is to find level ground or fall out of bed. Nothing wrong with the law as long as you are aware and abide, but then that's no different where ever you are....respect and understanding is all that is required, shouldn't be too much of a price to pay for most folk

vwalan

truth is its eu law and covers all eu. thats how we can argue things here in uk . we do get things changed here by using eu rules .i often get to cornwall county council meets and spout off . they love me .hee hee.

Merle

truth is its eu law and covers all eu. thats how we can argue things here in uk . we do get things changed here by using eu rules .i often get to cornwall county council meets and spout off . they love me .hee hee.
Mmm.....love...not the description they use me thinks:D

Adverts