Warning about La Marina, near Guardamar del Segura, Spain

vwalan

dont get me wrong i think if i had a bought camper i could break it.

Pollik

Personally, I like to be able to put my chairs outside my van and sit in the sun, so I park accordingly
But...if you didn't do it right outside your van, it wouldn't matter. Would it? Families out for a day trip in a car might carry chairs with them and use them. What is the difference?

The trouble with rules is that they try to put everyone and everything in a box. You are either parked or you are camped, but no matter how carefully they draft the rules (and I usually find that 'carefully' is the wrong word to use, anyway), there will always be complications. Chairs outside a MH? Camping. Chairs next to a car? Parking. Chairs carried there by walkers? Er...picnicking? How about if you use chairs or seat that are already there? (Go away and don't bother me again!!!)

But I can't say all that in Spanish!

TomThumb

I guess you could always tow a teardrop trailer behind you, open the top up like a hinged BBQ to reveal inside a wooden decked out area with cushioned seats, a parasol and hanging baskets with flowers in them just for good measure. As long as it's on wheels, what could they say? Fold it all away in less than a minute and off you go again.

Just another one one of my daft ideas lol.

TomThumb

Hey up, stick up a folding pallet on the back of your wagon held in place with a couple of lengths of rope and you've got an instant fold up wooden deck.

Tempting lol.

How to park up in style by Heath Robinson.

vwalan

hi polly you have it right .use the tables and chair s very often at the place you park. or lock the doors and sit away from the m,home . its a game . we very often put up a picnic table and chairs 100yds away thats ok . they know where we are from but we are playing the game . i dont like rules but if you know them then you can decide how to abide by them but giving you what you want as near as dam it. something you do have to becareful of is putting rubbish in skips during the day .in spain its illegal in many towns to do it till the evening , think it started due to the heat in the day flies and smell etc . have seen fines issued for that. again play the game.
many truck campers have french doors on the back so they park back to the sun open the doors and can sit in there truck but be in the sun. again another way of sticking your fingers up to the rules .

DonnaG

Further info on La Marina, we cycled down there yesterday and got chatting to a few people... they reported no problems... this afternoon, they had a visit from the Guardia... stay for the daytime, no problem, but you can not sleep here...you can not park here overnight... not the thing about parking/camping that Alan's given info on, as I know of at least one couple who hadn't unpacked anything, chairs, whatever, so they were not 'camping'... just a strict, NO OVERNIGHT PARKING AT ALL!!! So they all ended up at the nearby camperstop :cautious: Apparently there's not so much of a problem down Mojacar way, but in the Valencia region, it would seem there's a big fuss about moving folks on.

vwalan

mojacar as been bad for the last few years .maybe they have changed tack.
mojacar was a favourite for years .specialy on the west side on tower beach.
but then they built the monstrosity.
i got a 180 quid fine in denia years ago . but as usual swift talking alan beat the ba----ds . they put the wrong reg number on the court ticket . fools . authority is stupid world wide. hee hee .

TomThumb

What's it like if you're a few miles inland on the southern coast of Spain?

Seeing the Med isn't so important to me, the sea looks like the sea on any day of the week, I should know, I stare at it most days. Parking up by a beach holds no interest to me whereas hill and mountain scenery inland has much greater appeal.

Are they more 'lenient' as soon as you start parking up away from the coast or are just as regimented in their thinking seeking to move you on at the earliest opportunity?

Thanks,

Mark

DonnaG

Seeing the Med isn't so important to me, the sea looks like the sea on any day of the week, I should know, I stare at it most days. Parking up by a beach holds no interest to me whereas hill and mountain scenery inland has much greater appeal.

Are they more 'lenient' as soon as you start parking up away from the coast or are just as regimented in their thinking seeking to move you on at the earliest opportunity?

Thanks,

Mark

Don't know, sorry, but if I hear anything, I'll post it :)

coolasluck

mojacar as been bad for the last few years .maybe they have changed tack.
mojacar was a favourite for years .specialy on the west side on tower beach.
but then they built the monstrosity.
i got a 180 quid fine in denia years ago . but as usual swift talking alan beat the ba----ds . they put the wrong reg number on the court ticket . fools . authority is stupid world wide. hee hee .

Maybe that is the answer,what if you have a set of dummy reg plates which you swap over with just one false digit,they then write down the wrong reg and you get off your fine:D

coolasluck

Thanks,

Mark

Im the same as you.I believe that as is typical, masses of humanity, like to follow each other like sheep so we all end up wanting to spend the night on the seafront with about 100 other motorhomes.Is it any wander we draw attention to ourselves:rolleyes: Fortunatly i am like you and prefer to be on my own the majority of the time so find inland would be more of a draw to me too;)

vwalan

to be honest they dont bother you inside the country . but if you go inland not very far you are in deep snow.
they prefer you in the streets of towns at night not on beaches . all makes asense really . there are places with hundreds that are ok . some just one van ok. others they move you. best go to portugal . thats the favourite m,home country at the moment for free parking.
but you do have to remember even in places like benidorm .cross the motorway just inland and snow can be there. in malaga5 miles inland and more snow .

vwalan

donna all over the algarve they move you on these days . .its been like it several years . there was a few favourite places for m,home winter camps they just parked for 6 months at a time . . you can park through out spain and portugal if you use sense. yes i got a ticket years ago was in a daft place soon learnt better . bit like that lidl parking at mazarron .not a nice place anyway . far better just a few miles away. there must be several thousand in spain alone .

DonnaG

As I say, I don't know where, all I know is that it seems that many of the things that used to be tolerated are no longer being tolerated... in all fairness, Alan, you haven't been in Spain or Portugal this winter. I don't know what it used to be like, even last winter, but talking to many ex-wilders, they all say they've been getting moved on from places that used to be fine... putting chairs out is not always part of the problem, these are people who know what it's all about.

Just a thought, motorhomers were moved on from La Marina last night after some locals set fire to a wheelie bin and pushed it up against a motorhome. I don't know any more about it than that, it could have been yobbos, it could have been a cheesed off local... who knows...

vwalan

i do know that several of my mates are free camping in spain and have been since begining of november . they havent been asked at all.
yes it is getting that some of the places that wer used are getting moved . but most of them i never liked . to be honest la marina is not on my list . i do sometimes park by the mar menor out by the airport. but next up is santa polo or under the flight path..then beni .thenaltea or albir. then calpe then on way to moirera then gandia.
sometimes go inland to visit ken in spain. near murco de alco.
tavernas . way down we do aguilas . then inland to huecal -overa ,and albox . there are loads of places . find new every year.

John and Joan

I have just noticed this post on the El Portus website.

Re: El Portus Forum
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
Costas, the Spanish Government department responsible for looking after the coastline have announced that they are going to demolish some houses in El Portus and clear away the car parking area in order to extend the beach. They have accused the camping of invading the access to the Playa Losa. This can't be right as we're on Playa Morena. Anyway, they're going to "improve" the footpath access, whatever that means

We wait and see.
John

BigMomma

Im the same as you.I believe that as is typical, masses of humanity, like to follow each other like sheep so we all end up wanting to spend the night on the seafront with about 100 other motorhomes.Is it any wander we draw attention to ourselves:rolleyes: Fortunatly i am like you and prefer to be on my own the majority of the time so find inland would be more of a draw to me too;)
Great, keep spreading the word then I can have the beach to myself again :rofl::thumb:

Adverts