Warning about La Marina, near Guardamar del Segura, Spain

DonnaG

Thought this could be useful, especially the comment about proximity to buildings... from the Caravan Club again. It's specifically about Spain.

Before camping on private property, it is necessary to obtain the owner's permission. In order to camp on municipal or communal land, permission must be obtained from the local authority or the Tourist Office of the area.
Camping is prohibited:
·less than one kilometre from a camping site
·near a beach
·in the vicinity of residential buildings and other populated centres
The stay is limited to 3 days and there must not be more than 3 tents and 10 campers in the same location.

vwalan

yes thats what the spanish letter is all about . if you abide by the parking its ok . thats why the guardia direct you to the streets in town so you can park. its been three years know so i,m suprised folk dont know about it.almost 4yrs.
the stopping by the beach is covered by i think its the lay dela costa rulling from years ago . there was suposed to be no buildings etc 300mtrs or something fron the tideline. they did knock alot of houses down that were inside that distance . that got stopped after a while . but the m,home bit got very big coverage on spanish tv. we drove from cadiz to la linea very slowly causing chaos . there was others doing it further up the med . must get in touch with momo havent heard off her for a while .she used to keep me in touch with their activities.

TomThumb

Rules rules rules.

Rules get on my bloomin' tits. Rules are there to be broken, what do they blinkin' well think, that they own the bloomin land the country sits on or sommit?

Bahhh humbug! If I want to park up for the night, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

What a load of codswallop! All this bloomin' paraphernalia just to get a decent nights nap for petes sake. Haven't all these rule makers got anything better to do with their time?

Grrrrr.

Rant over.

:)

vwalan

you can break the rules. friends of donnas might have done . bet they park in future not camp.

BigMomma

When I read the blogs (past and present) from those that are or have been travelling over the water, they seem to find some nice spots ;) seldom alone. Guess it's all about that little thing called 'Being Discreet' :thumb:

DonnaG

you can break the rules. friends of donnas might have done . bet they park in future not camp.
I don't know how they were parked/camped, I do know they've been full-timing for 6 years, so not novices, or maybe just lucky. We went and had a look at the La Marina site just before I started this thread and most people there had their chairs and stuff outside, so...:(

Personally, I like to be able to put my chairs outside my van and sit in the sun, so I park accordingly. :thumb:

DonnaG

When I read the blogs (past and present) from those that are or have been travelling over the water, they seem to find some nice spots ;) seldom alone. Guess it's all about that little thing called 'Being Discreet' :thumb:
...and I don't think La Marina is particularly discreet, it's maybe too close to beach and restaurants to be?

BigMomma

For anyone who isn't following 'Silver Drifter's' blog then you are really missing a fantastic account of Steve's current road trip through Marocco (www.steve-dowdeswell.blogspot.com) The roads he is following (I use the term roads very loosely) and the places and people he is encountering just make the accelerator foot start to twitch, well written with Steve's injection of humour, this could be a best seller (so best not read the blog just buy the book if he ever decides to publish) :thumb:

vwalan

i dont know how they were prked either but i do know if you put out chairs you have to have eyes in the back of your head . i got told off once for just putting a towel to dry over a fence . the same guardia arrested me the year before. his words was clothes inside parking clothes outside camping . . two sugars please you know better . we had a good chat . he kept going off and telling others to put their chairs away ,sit on steps ok sit on a rock ok . but no chairs . we stayed a week .he had coffee just about every day . that was at playa cocedores near aguilas. must say many at la marina do tip crap every where i dont actually find it very nice there.better places just abit further up the coast.

BigMomma

For anyone who isn't following 'Silver Drifter's' blog then you are really missing a fantastic account of Steve's current road trip through Marocco (www.steve-dowdeswell.blogspot.com) The roads he is following (I use the term roads very loosely) and the places and people he is encountering just make the accelerator foot start to twitch, well written with Steve's injection of humour, this could be a best seller (so best not read the blog just buy the book if he ever decides to publish) :thumb:
Another current blog, which i am sure I have mentioned before is www.theworldisourlobster.com and they are also touring Morocco at the moment. It's good to see that the wilderness and robbers and thieves :eek: are not really as scary as your imagination would have you believe :D

vwalan

hi bm i wonder who,s giving him directions . you can get trucks through there . hee hee . shame he missed the left turn. its absolutely un believable up in those mountains .you can get to 3800mtrs high . in vehicles .i know and was abit poorly with altitude sickness.
heres one of todra gorge and one of on the road from marrakech. bet sd can remember tha road.its known as the tiz n tichka.been waiting to find out if he made it to the lakes just north of agadir. lucky man . i know his memory will last for ever of those passes.goodon you ds .

Attachments

BigMomma

Absolutely incredible !! :notworthy::notworthy:

I know it must seem a bit of a cliche' but there really is a different world out there. I saw similar things crossing the dessert in Oman but the roads were a bit better over there than what theyappear to be in Morroco :eek: Bahrain, once you get out of the city is much the same but I was really disappointed when I went to see the "Tree of Life", a tree that is hundreds of years old growing in the parched soils of the dessert. Unfortunately, locals who are anti the ruling royalty have vandalised it by spraying graffiti on it :( Some incredible places, and amazing how relaxing it is on the mind once you are there. I will hopefully get back there under different circumstances to the one that I was there for a few years back :rolleyes:

vwalan

heresa few more .hope youwill be ble to magnify them in . we really are there in those vehicles .bob had his glasgow service bus i,m in the vw ,gary my neighbour was in an ldv convoy ex parcel force van. we decided to take the tracks . you can travel all over maroc on tarmac but thats too easy for us. even these just dont quite show the hights but it was fun.

Attachments

BigMomma

heresa few more .hope youwill be ble to magnify them in . we really are there in those vehicles .bob had his glasgow service bus i,m in the vw ,gary my neighbour was in an ldv convoy ex parcel force van. we decided to take the tracks . you can travel all over maroc on tarmac but thats too easy for us. even these just dont quite show the hights but it was fun.
Truly awesome photo's, now that's the other side of fulltiming, not sure my current vehicle would suit the terrain though as SD is beginning to find out in his, hasn't stopped him but a few days of DIY ahead for him me thinks :eek:

Adverts