Travelling Europe

Monkmoor

What's the longest you have stayed in Europe...

I am currently in Spain.

I have heard people saying after 2 months we must register in Spain

Some people say 6 months.

Can I travel into Portugal / France and start the time again.

Has any one personal experience of staying for 1 year and then returning home.

Any issues ..?

Living and loving the dream, but just don't want to be caught out.

Seeking clarification

jhony smith

Emmm hi guys actually i am planning for travel to Europe i am from Sweden and my question is that my i need for visa every European county or i can travel without visa to the Europe can anybody tell me about this ?

BigMomma

Emmm hi guys actually i am planning for travel to Europe i am from Sweden and my question is that my i need for visa every European county or i can travel without visa to the Europe can anybody tell me about this ?
Unless something has changed recently, Sweden is a part of the EU and signed up to the 'Shengen Agreement' so you have the 'Freedom of Movement' between the other 27 EU Countries, including the UK as it currently stands. If, or when, the UK leaves the EU then the arrangements in respect of the free movement rules for foreign visitors into the U.K. may change. Go onto your own Government Travel Procedures Website and it will give you the information

John and Joan

If you stay on a site or in one region for more than 3 months you should register as resident. Campsites copy your passport to keep the authorities informed. If you are moving about as a tourist you don't need to do this. We spent 6 months touring.

BigMomma

If you stay on a site or in one region for more than 3 months you should register as resident. Campsites copy your passport to keep the authorities informed. If you are moving about as a tourist you don't need to do this. We spent 6 months touring.
Good to see you on here again, trust you are both keeping well

In respect of your comment above, I am certainly not sure about other Countries but in Spain, if you intend to stay longer than 90 days, in one place, but no longer than 183 days, you are supposed to go to the local Police Station and sign the register of Foreign Visitors, if you stay longer than 183 days then you become a 'Tax Resident' and, as the title suggests, liable to pay taxes. But, I would suggest that this only applies if staying in one location as it would be difficult to enforce if you were moving around. The Guardian Civil do carry out routine stops on vehicles and check passports and vehicle documentation, we have been stopped on several occasions whilst we are here over our extended Winter breaks, so I guess if they record your details they could, in theory, keep a record of your movements in the Country, but in my experience, they have never recorded our details just conducted a visual check of our documents and asked us questions about where we are staying and whether we are on holiday. I guess our UK number plate is a bit of a giveaway that we are not permanent residents

Adverts