Travelling Europe

Monkmoor

What's the longest you have stayed in Europe...

I am currently in Spain.

I have heard people saying after 2 months we must register in Spain

Some people say 6 months.

Can I travel into Portugal / France and start the time again.

Has any one personal experience of staying for 1 year and then returning home.

Any issues ..?

Living and loving the dream, but just don't want to be caught out.

Seeking clarification

jhony smith

Emmm hi guys actually i am planning for travel to Europe i am from Sweden and my question is that my i need for visa every European county or i can travel without visa to the Europe can anybody tell me about this ?

BigMomma

Emmm hi guys actually i am planning for travel to Europe i am from Sweden and my question is that my i need for visa every European county or i can travel without visa to the Europe can anybody tell me about this ?
Unless something has changed recently, Sweden is a part of the EU and signed up to the 'Shengen Agreement' so you have the 'Freedom of Movement' between the other 27 EU Countries, including the UK as it currently stands. If, or when, the UK leaves the EU then the arrangements in respect of the free movement rules for foreign visitors into the U.K. may change. Go onto your own Government Travel Procedures Website and it will give you the information

John and Joan

If you stay on a site or in one region for more than 3 months you should register as resident. Campsites copy your passport to keep the authorities informed. If you are moving about as a tourist you don't need to do this. We spent 6 months touring.

BigMomma

If you stay on a site or in one region for more than 3 months you should register as resident. Campsites copy your passport to keep the authorities informed. If you are moving about as a tourist you don't need to do this. We spent 6 months touring.
Good to see you on here again, trust you are both keeping well

In respect of your comment above, I am certainly not sure about other Countries but in Spain, if you intend to stay longer than 90 days, in one place, but no longer than 183 days, you are supposed to go to the local Police Station and sign the register of Foreign Visitors, if you stay longer than 183 days then you become a 'Tax Resident' and, as the title suggests, liable to pay taxes. But, I would suggest that this only applies if staying in one location as it would be difficult to enforce if you were moving around. The Guardian Civil do carry out routine stops on vehicles and check passports and vehicle documentation, we have been stopped on several occasions whilst we are here over our extended Winter breaks, so I guess if they record your details they could, in theory, keep a record of your movements in the Country, but in my experience, they have never recorded our details just conducted a visual check of our documents and asked us questions about where we are staying and whether we are on holiday. I guess our UK number plate is a bit of a giveaway that we are not permanent residents

vwalan

hi bm. whats the sun like down where you are. ?
lots lovely rain here in most places . mind been dry today but not that warm.
amazing how many places in uk are flooding abit this year.
but you know what them old farmers say?
cant have too much rain this time of the year.
rain gives us something to look forward to, soon be summer . ha ha .

BigMomma

Hi Alan, well the first five or six weeks were absolutely brilliant, temperatures up to around 28 degrees(c), however, last week we had three consecutive days of rain and on the third day it was very heavy, all day, and with 45mph winds :wasntme: But the weather has improved again although still a bit windy, but that is a normal Winter day this far South. We do watch, and read, the UK News so we are aware of the weather situation and all of the floods, but it is much the same around the globe, the floods in Venice, the wildfires in USA and Australia, I guess people do not fully comprehend or believe the stuff about 'Climate Change', some probably just do not care. Anyway, trust you are keeping well and good to read that you are still getting out and about and enjoying life:thumb:

vwalan

yes many aseem to have forgotten that mega chad was the worlds largest fresh water lake , plus the sahara was green pasture land . uk etc was covered in ice etc.
mind i remember going to venice as a kid and wellingtons were order of the day. plus the boats etc . always found italy in winter too cold and wet.
about 12c here at moment and the sun is trying to come out. had a bit of drizzle today but not much.
might even get out for a ride around if the roads dry up.
have a good one . :)

fanofatan

Are you still in the Algarve BM, we were out there in October the weather was really nice a bit windy on the beach at Cordoama just north of V de Bispo, less windy round about Quarteira & Falesia

BigMomma

Are you still in the Algarve BM, we were out there in October the weather was really nice a bit windy on the beach at Cordoama just north of V de Bispo, less windy round about Quarteira & Falesia
No, we spend Winter in our bolt hole in Southern Spain on the Costa Del Sol. You can keep up to date with us at www.swervesintheroad.wordpress.com

Dunroamin

Re 'foodies' Foodies havenothing in common with veggies or vegans except as defined in the OED as person having an interest in food ; a gourmet, which is what we consider ourselves to be.We eat healthily mostly Southern European, Arabic, or Asian and look for the best veg,meat etc. It all takes time and the average housewife or houseman who works full time would find it hard. Two or three hours to prepare a meal is normal for us.

Adverts